• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite RE movie?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Depends on whether or not your question includes Degeneration and Damnation, or only the life-action movies.
Or, wait, no... It doesn't matter, actually. Compared to the games, they're all bad. :(

Dr. O-T

Master Blaster Dr. O
Hmm I like this thread, my favorite is Damnation with the first live action as a close second :)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Well, I liked both CGI movies, equally. My favorite live action movie would be a tie between Extinction and Apocalypse, With Afterlife second, Retribution third, and the first movie last.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I think Degeneration is my favourite. My favourite live action film is Extinction closely followed by the first one.

Aleck

Biohazard
I like Degeneration, but it was somewhat boring. Then I would watch it while falling asleep and the mellow vibe was interrupted by random explosions! Damnation was lackluster for me. That said, I think Afterlife and the first are my favorites of the live actions films. Can't wait for the final installment next year.:cool:

weskerondope

Im gonna have to say I didnt like either of the cgi movies....but I did like the 2nd re movie.
Does this make me a bad person? Lol

i think its very understandable since the second movie was the closest to any of the games,
i myself like the first one also, if i ignore the fact that its a resident evil movie that is

chrona kitty

i really like the animated ones but i absolutely HATE Angela miller in the first animated movie. i would have been Ok with it if half way through the movie Leon and her didn't MAKE OUT:mad: ! if i was Ada i would shoot Angela in the face :pView attachment 596

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't dislike Angela, but I don't like her either; just another one-off throwaway character with no distinct personality apart from her "This is all my fault!" syndrome. Her only memorable scene is the one in which she's wearing that revealing dress that always makes me feel like her boobs are going to punch me in the face any second. :confused:

BeardedBushMan

What's your favorite RE movie, I mean, there are actually good ones out there, right? RIGHT!?

Though I think all the RE movies are piles of crap, I'd say the first RE movie was the best (and that's not saying much). 2 and 3 and 4(Is there a 4) were nearly unwatchable. I'll just stick to the games, thank you! :)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
films, from favorite to least favorite:

Resident Evil (first live action)

This one felt close enough to the feel of the games for me to really enjoy; it was claustrophobic, they were always running out of ammo, the zombies were actually zombies, but at the same time they managed to come up with an original origin of the outbreak which wasn't horrible. And I absolutely loved the soundtrack (original scores mind you)

Resident Evil Retribution

There were ups and downs to this one, as with any film, but it came in second for me. Many more characters from the games were in this one (not that that made a huge difference for me, but it's always fun to see the game characers in real life, so to speak- I think that's one of the reason I enjoy RE cosplays :D) and the little girl's performance as Alice's daughter was utterly amazing; dare I say far better than anyone else cast in the film. I enjoy watching Michelle and Kevin (I liked his Barry) but damn, that girl can act. I also happen to own the soundtrack to this one; I love it.

Resident Evil Afterlife

I love the addition of Shawn Roberts as Wesker. He pulls off the look well enough, though admittedly the accent could use the work. But I suppose we can't all sound like DC Douglas. The action sequence at the end that was adapted from RE5 gives me goosebumps every time I watch it :). I'm glad they killed all the Alice clones from Extinction almost immediately, I liked the fact that Alice was no longer superhuman. It gets hard to fear for a character once they become invulnerable after all... Also liked the soundtrack; own it.

Resident Evil Extinction

Ok. This is where the series begins to lose it's rewatch value for me. There are some things that I thought priceless in this one though; when LJ tries to open the door and it plays the soundbyte from the earlier games that you hear when a door is locked, and those crows. I hated the crows in the game lol. I liked the idea that Umbrella could control Project Alice from their computers, like Nemesis, but of course she had to be able to override the system. I would've liked to see how the movie would've changed if the other characters had to fight off Alice whilst trying to find the people controlling her. But hey. I didn't so much like the Tyrant battle; I feel like he had too much intelligence. Granted the Tyrants in the game do posess more intelligence than regular zombies, but really? Extensive conversation? Don't think so. And choosing Charlie Clouser to do the score was a bad idea imo. (Sorry, Charlie, I really do love you lol)

Resident Evil Apocalypse

Yea... I'm trying to think of something positive to say about this one, but that might be hard seeing as how RE:Nemesis was also one of my least favorite RE games. I suppose it's nice to see Nemesis, but the fight scene between him and Alice was god awful with all of the close ups and choppy editing. The references to Code Veronica were okay but they didn't make up for much of the 'okaaay?' feeling I got from the film. I feel like, had Paul taken advantage of the Ashford seeds he planted in Apocalypse I might've liked it a little more, but all of that seemed to have been squandered later. And totally didn't dig Alice's mind powers. Sorry, can't like that lol.

Didn't care so much for the CG films but I liked Degeneration more than Damnation

texeon

For me, definitely the first movie, I love biohazards, lockdowns, breaches in security, underground facilities, this movie had it all!

Top Bottom