• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Extra costumes

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
We know we'll be able to get the classic outfits for both Jill and Carlos, but then what?

The original RE3 offered lots of cool extra costumes for Jill, so I hope they bring at least some of them back for this remake. Jill's S.T.A.R.S. uniform is probably a guarantee (if they don't include her uniform in some form, that's blasphemy), but what else? I'd say the odds are low for remake versions of both the Biker and Police costumes, while its unlikely that's we'll get a Regina outfit (unfortunately). A revamped version of the Disco outfit would be cool I guess, if they decided to go for more colors.

Also, its safe to say that we'll a blocky Jill polygon from 99 just like with Leon and Claire in RE2. Other than that, when it comes to completely new costumes I wouldn't mind seeing her BSAA outfit make a return, and perhaps even a specialized UBCS uniform? That'd be cool. Oh, and I'd like to see some funny extra costumes for Carlos too, something that would reference Miguel in Tekken would be PRICELESS....

jill-valentine.png
2225838-tekkentag2_miguel.png

And lastly, what's your opinion on the remake's version of the classic outfits? Are you happy with them or do you think they could've done an even better job?

item_img01.jpg

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I like Jill's classic outfit but I think they could've done a better job with Carlos. He just looks off.

Jonipoon

I can agree with that. The hair looks too light and his face without the beard makes him look 20 years older. But we haven't really seen any other closeups of it, so... we'll see.

Mr.R

Well, for different alternates, it's hard to know. Like it was said before, her STARS uniform will probably be featured somehow. In RE2, most of the extra costumes were new stuff, apart from the classic ones.

As for the classic ones in RE3, Jill looks perfect. It looks to be exactly the same uniform as the original, plus that thigh holster. Carlos though...it looks off a little. I think it's the vest. In the RE3 Remake his tactical vest seems way bulkier than the original. Plus, the undershirt was green in the original, while the Remake one is black, so that also helps to give an "off" feeling on the costume. But it's okay, it's functional and he dresses like a mercenary should. I think it's cool that they changed his face for the classic costume.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Jill's original outfit looks accurate except for a few little details like those odd socks under her boots, and I'm pretty sure that skirt is really a skort. Carlos, though… Not only does the undershirt have the wrong colour, it's also less revealing, the pants are much darker than in the original, the watch is missing, and the vest is a lot more bulky.

thg3knv.jpg

So yeah, the reason Carlos's original uniform looks off is because it isn't his original uniform at all, more like the new default with different hair. I hope if you put Jill in her original outfit, it won't automatically do the same to Carlos like it happens with Sherry and Ada in REmake 2, because his old hair and new face don't mix well.

As for other extra costumes, I'll take them as they come. The remake of RE1 had some of the characters' future outfits (the Code Veronica uniform for Chris, the RE3 default for Jill, BSAA uniforms for both), but the ones in REmake 2 were entirely original (except for Claire's motorcycle clothing), so I wouldn't be surprised if this remake went down a similar path. If I could choose one of Jill's alternate RE3 costumes to make a return, it would be the police uniform with the skirt. It looked elegant, professional and sexy at the same time.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Both classic costumes look off to me. Jill's top looks really wrinkly to me. Like there is way too much extra fabric at the bottom. The rest looks fine to me though. You can tell who it is supposed to be.

Carlos looks like a maniac. For some reason, his classic outfit ages him by 20 years. Why does his hair suddenly become aggressively tan? This looks like the child that Carlos and Mikhail secretly had and it Benjamin Buttoned. I love alt costumes though, so I'll probably use it once I unlock it anyway.

Awebb

I'm not sure they've put a lot of thought into that halter less top. Even with a strong rubber band this'll go down pretty fast. The original seemed to be a corsage, while the new design looks like a halter less top with no support for anything whatsoever.

Carlos doesn't look like Carlos.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm not sure they've put a lot of thought into that halter less top. Even with a strong rubber band this'll go down pretty fast. The original seemed to be a corsage, while the new design looks like a halter less top with no support for anything whatsoever.
I agree with this assessment. The original did seem more like a corset top whereas this one is more like a tube top.

Take it from experience: You're not running anywhere in a tube top.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Jill looks fine, despite the small changes. At least she resembles her original self.

Carlos, as others already mentioned, looks downright awful. Usually men with beards look older but for some reason Carlos manages to look like a 40 year old dude without his beard, even though he's supposed to be younger than Jill in RE3. It's really awkward with him, so I'll stick the the new Carlos model.

As far as extra outfits go, I'd love to see Jill's STARS outfit in the RE engine and how they redesigned it. Will we be able to recognize it or will it look completely different?

Jonipoon

Even though I'm quite happy with Jill's classic outfit, I think the fabric and texture is the only thing that bugs me. The sweater looks completely different, and as mentioned above the top is way too loose. They got the overall look, but they didn't quite nail the details.

For comparison, here's a fan-made CG model of Jill's classic outfit with modern graphics. You can spot the huge difference in fabric texture. Here the skirt is more leather-like, the sweater has no stripes and looks much more comfy, and the top looks like it isn't going to fall down any second.

jill_valentine_hd_remaster_by_fabio41fabio_da0q5iv-fullview.jpg

Jonipoon

Here's what I mean. The new sweater looks like the one on the left, while Jill's original sweater looked like the one on the right:

sw-eater.png

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is very specific, but I do think you're right. The sweater is very different. Do they even understand 90s fashion!? haha.

Top Bottom