• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Ever been too complacent in a Resident Evil game

Refan128

and thought "I'm good no need to save" only to DIE after getting decapitated by a Hunter (or something not so sinister like a dog or a crow)? Wasting hours of game play time (over a 30 second save stop)? O.K. picture this, I'm in the guardhouse and save after I get the C. Room key (like I always do) and go get the Dormitory 3 key make the V Jolt, kill the plant get the key etc. I am back in the mansion by the battery, realize I don't have any inventory space so I go out the door by the piano room (elevator to my rear) headed for the item box by the stairs past the tiger statue. JUST WALKING ALONG and awe crap 2 hunters ( I am super rusty been forever since I playe RE Director's Cut) and suddenly I hear the hunter do the decapiattack (you know the one) and game over. AND did I save oh no, so about 1 hour down the drain.Have a similar story? Share it with me (to ease the pain). By the way sorry if I ramble or am a poor writer (damn it Jim, I'm a gamer not a writer LOL).

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Oh yes, I know that situation very well. I was playing REmake as Jill and I had just gotten the hex crank from Enrico. I had not saved in about an hour and a half and I was in caution, so I thought it was no big deal to heal until I got to the save point in the caves. The f***ing hunter rounds the corner and I blast it with the shotgun (I had forgotten to reload earlier) and began to reload when the thing lunged and cut Jill's throat.

A similar thing happened in my playthrough of Code: Veronica, but I was about 2 hours in without saving when I died.

Turo602

The King of Kings
That happened to me in Resident Evil 4... twice. After having done a professional playthrough awhile back, recently I noticed I had that hand canon weapon, which I then went on to have fun with for a good while. I was really deep into chapter 1 without having saved it... and the electricity goes out for a brief moment. Yeah, not doing that again.

And just now, like a few hours ago, I have been doing a minimal saves run on my PS3 and I started from the part right after Ashley gets taken by those insect creatures and played all the way to where Leon fights 2 gigantes, died, got distracted by my brother and accidentally pressed not to continue... fml :frown:

I think I'm just gonna start REmake now...

Last edited:

FelixK

Zombies must shuffle
Just yesterday I was playing re:CVX and I had saved right as I switched to chris and layed out the worm like it was a joke so I was like "Ok this'll be easy just a few zombies then" so I start collecting all the ammo and health items I can, grab pretty much everything, make it all the way down to the B1 level, go down the stairs, grab the shotgun, head into the storage/contamination/lift room to pick up the door knob. Completely forget about the two hunters, it went well at first. Got 5 rounds of killing one but the second one ducked or something right under my shotgun and slashed me twice turning chris into a blood fountain. I just set the controller down and left the room.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i've had that happen to me. i've played through to completion resident evil 1,2 and 3 without saving. as i used to do speed runs, therefore wouldn't stop to save as it slowed it down.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I've had that happen during a speed run of Resident Evil 2. I was facing Birkin's "dog" form (don't judge, it's been years) just as the countdown started for the self-destruct sequence. I hadn't saved at all and I was approx. 1 hour and 10 mins in. I was running down the left side of the crates or containers when I hit an invisible wall and got stuck. There wasn't much more I could do but stare at the screen and seethe. It was easily one of my more infuriating moments of Resident Evil.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
LOL It's happened to all of us. I remember doing a CVX playthrough on Chris's Campaign, and a Hunter killed me. 1:30 Minutes I had to re-do.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
Well I was doing a no save run, on the hard difficulty on REDC, and got all the way to where you were and the exact same thing happened, well kind of I killed one hunter then the second one got me.

InfiniteRocketLauncher

Itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food.
Resident Evil 3, the Nemesis battle where he infects you. I was so cocky that I didn't heal when he did his tentacle kill the first time. Once he threw me to the ground again that was all she wrote.

Vanex

While playing the remake, I had gotten up to the point where you acquired the armor key imitation. At that point I saved and called it a day.

Upon resuming, I managed to get from that point to fighting the Crimson Head Prototype without saving (off the top of my head: armor key, serum run x2, piano puzzle, clock/emblem puzzle, herbicide, kill yawn and obtain 4 masks). Thinking I'd be able to kill him with relative ease, I decided against making two trips to the tomb (4 masks + 2 extra slots, Chris Playthrough) so I brought a handgun and some ammo. I ran out of handgun ammo relatively quickly, having not brought enough to kill him, I ended up being trapped in that area with no means to kill him, escape, or heal. The shotgun rounds that you are given had no value to me because I hadn't brought the shotgun. I had to die and restart.

black 93

First time i attempted to unlock the rocket launcher on code veronica, id done everything to get an A rank, hadnt saved once, used no first aid sprays, saved steve and was easily ahead of 3 hours on my speed. Got to the part just before steve when you have to crush that glass ball to get the keycard. Just wasnt fast enough and claire went splat. Was absoloutly livid lol

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Becoming overzealous in Resident Evil: CODE Veronica X has been my downfall more than once.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I fall into this trap:
Pass save room, aw I didn't save that long ago I'll save later

-later-
Get to another save point I won't save yet because I need to take these items back to another save room so I'll save there

-trip back to save room-
Sneaky hunter hiding behind corner insta kills me
"Oh wow that scared me"

-sudden realisation of my last actual save point-
Game flies at light speed towards wall

-10mins later-
Start process again

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Oh, this kind of surprises happened to me almost in every RE game ;) In Remake I played as Chris, on Normal mode, last save somewhere in Mansion... And in Aqua Ring unfortunately Chris became a modern superstar of remake of Spielberg's "Jaws"... Well, usually I underestimated Neptunes, and even not tried to fight with them, until this day... ;)

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
and thought "I'm good no need to save" only to DIE after getting decapitated by a Hunter (or something not so sinister like a dog or a crow)? Wasting hours of game play time (over a 30 second save stop)? O.K. picture this, I'm in the guardhouse and save after I get the C. Room key (like I always do) and go get the Dormitory 3 key make the V Jolt, kill the plant get the key etc. I am back in the mansion by the battery, realize I don't have any inventory space so I go out the door by the piano room (elevator to my rear) headed for the item box by the stairs past the tiger statue. JUST WALKING ALONG and awe crap 2 hunters ( I am super rusty been forever since I playe RE Director's Cut) and suddenly I hear the hunter do the decapiattack (you know the one) and game over. AND did I save oh no, so about 1 hour down the drain.Have a similar story? Share it with me (to ease the pain). By the way sorry if I ramble or am a poor writer (damn it Jim, I'm a gamer not a writer LOL).

I have had same experiences w/ the Chimera's in the Laboratory specifically in the pipe room. The Hunters were actually relatively easy. I would suggest conserving you magnum shots because it only takes one to lay them down or one acid round from the grenade launcher.

The 1st time I played Directors Cut; I died instantly, then again I was 10. I also remember in the DC and not the REmake that I died in the library area right be the elevator that is out of commission.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
It hasnt happened to me due to my bad habit of over saving.

Over-saving = bad grade. I would suggest play it once and remember when everything was placed and/or use online strategy guides. The difficult areas are w/ the Hunters, Tyrant, Chimeras, and sometimes the Serpent. The problematic issue w/ the Serpent is that you need to stock up on blue & green herbs and combine them, and the blues are very scarce and limited.

- Benjamin

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер

I had an incident with a Hunter in the corridor by where the tiger statue is, there were two of them and they quickly decapitated me. The funny part was I had multiple magnum rounds and could of laid them down with one hit. Instead, I want to save them for the Tyrant-103.

Top Bottom