• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Emulator

twinky

well it isnt as off topic as it sounds :p.

i was just wondering of anyone knows a good playstation 1 or playstation 2 EMULATOR, so that i can play through all the resident evil games again. this may sound cheap but i got rid of my ps1 and ps2 coz i got the special edition ps3 which could play all playstation console games, and it broke and sony gave us a s**t normal ps3 which cant play any original games :(. and i cba going to get a new Playstation2

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
twinky;50171 said:
i got the special edition ps3 which could play all playstation console games, and it broke and sony gave us a s**t normal ps3 which cant play any original games :(.
Sony replaced your product with a different and cheaper product? How the hell can they do that? That's a fraud. You can't let them to that, you must complain.

As for your question, I'm sorry I can't help.

and i cba going to get a new Playstation2
What?

Popo

for ps1 i advise you epsxe, i use it to play all resident evil's on the ps1, but yes i have the real ones for ps1, only i dont have a ps1 xD, but i have all three of them

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Another good one that requires literally ni setup is just call ed psx, google it, and its the top result, the website is something.galaxian.... Obviously the word isn't actually 'something' but you should be able to find it. As for ps2 theres not a proper stable one out at the moment. But theres ones you can get still.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Could I ask? I'm just new to these emulators, and I was wondering, do I need to have the actual CD to play the game, or can I download it somewhere? If it could be downloaded, what site would be good(and hopefully clean)?

CassidyAcid

Thats weird, I just downloaded Espxe to play the earlier games again.
I have RE1 in a big zip file, but idk how to get it working xD (n00b or what?).

I'll just need to look into it more, and I know some people that use them all the time so hopefully that'll help.

I want to buy them to play on my PS3, I'm always just scared that I'll end up buying it used and its faulty.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Okayy first you need to google psx, and go to the top link that has galaxian in the url. Then you need to googl e scph1001 and download that, then move it into the psx bios folder. Now google emuparadise and search the rom section for the games you want. They would probably be in .rar files so when you have all the rars open the first part and move it into a folder and all parts will extract automatically. Now just open psx and click the file tab then open the rom.

L

Lurker
one of the rules:

Please do not discuss illegal acts on the forums.

Maybe if it was an n64 emulator or earlier you could`ve passed because some games on them are copyright free. now ps1 and ps2 emulators are illegal.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Rathit the super mod haha, calm down kiddo, theres plenty of threads on this sort of thing and not once have they been shut down so i guess they must be frowned upon now but not worth shutting down

wpstudart

Emulators are only legal when you're playing with YOUR game, otherwise, having another's one game, it's like stealing. I can't say anything, I don't do any interpretation about it, but that's what the rules say.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Okay guys legal advice over now, back on topic for now, and if the mods see fit it will be closed, but until then, let us who choose to do it continue to discuss it

Top Bottom