• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Easy Mode on CV GameCube with Action Replay?

protivakid

I have read that in the North American GameCube port of this game, you can access "easy" mode from the Japanese release using an Action Replay. Can anyone confirm or give more details?

If this is true, are there any other versions of CV on other consoles that you can access easy mode using a cheat device and a north american disc?

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Not sure, try playing the game without the cheat though... it's alot more fun. You don't really need to play on "easy" do ya?

protivakid

Not sure, try playing the game without the cheat though... it's alot more fun. You don't really need to play on "easy" do ya?
It's not fun to play a game that limits things including the number of times you can save, to the point where you may have to reload a save and replay a section of the game. Other games have been able to stay challenging without doing things like this. I do however like the story in RE games, and since the Japanese version of Code Veronica got easy mode I had heard you could "unlock" it using an Action Replay in the NA version.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I can't answer your original question maybe someone knows but.. yeah Code Veronica was tough, compaired to the others. I beat it a good 15 times or so over a span of like 10 years, I never played it all too much so I never got used to it fully... but I beat it:). I did use a guide the first few times I played it on parts I couldn't remember (I'd probably need it now if I played it, lol). I haven't done a run of it in a few years. For real though, give it a shot without cheats.. try to save only when you need to (I try to save in sections.. right before something big.. like a boss fight) Don't shoot every zombie you see.. save up on the ammo. Do these two little things and it will be easier.

protivakid

Don't you find it ironic that the Japanese version has an easy mode and NA doesn't? Aren't the Japanese big on difficulty?
Yes! Just like how we didn't get the "real" Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES until years later as "the lost levels." I read somewhere Capcom didn't want people renting RE:CV for a weekend, beating it, and hurting sales.

I have been trying my best to get through this. Got to the point where I am about to fight the Tyrant for the first time.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ya, Doki Doki Panic...What would become Super Mario Bros. 2, was god awful...But Super Mario the lost levels, the original Super Mario Bros 2, was so hard and so close to the original that they didn't put it out here in the states...But damn! Have you PLAYED The Lost Levels...It kicks ASS!!!

benfen

Leon fan
Ya, Doki Doki Panic...What would become Super Mario Bros. 2, was god awful...But Super Mario the lost levels, the original Super Mario Bros 2, was so hard and so close to the original that they didn't put it out here in the states...But damn! Have you PLAYED The Lost Levels...It kicks ASS!!!

SMB 2 was a steaming pile of shud. Lost Levels is my absolute favorite Mario ever. I've got the All Stars pack for SNES, it kicks ass. Lost Levels is on it (I'm from Australia, if it matters).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
SMB 2 was a steaming pile of shud. Lost Levels is my absolute favorite Mario ever. I've got the All Stars pack for SNES, it kicks ass. Lost Levels is on it (I'm from Australia, if it matters).
I used to have it too...and I agree in full...

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I might have to pick that one up again, I've been in a SNES kick lately... been playing alot of Mario cart and some old WWF games.

Top Bottom