• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 DRM for pc versions

weskerondope

hello there resident evil fans,
as you might have noticed im a big resident evil collector
and now i got some money that i need to spend
and i was thinking about collecting more resident evil games
i have most games on consoles, but now im planning on getting the pc versions too (disc copies, not digital downloads)
but im very against DRM so my question is
does resident evil 4.5.6 ORC and revelations require internet connection to be played or installed from disc? do they have limited setups or some other fancy crap destructive DRM?
please reply soon my fellow fans, so i know which games to buy and possibly which ones to skip

wanderer

battle master
RE5 u need games for windows live. RE6 you need steam. you don't need to be online all the time, but you DO need an account with those games activated on it. the best thing about newer RE games is the online play, so getting cracked versions of the games are pointless.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
RE4 is on disc only, RE5 requires GFWL and so does ORC, lastly RE6 requires Steam, same goes for Revelations in case you are interested in that too, though I think Revelations was released only digitally. So even if you get a disc copy, you will need GFWL or Steam for online activation and play. Not that it makes any difference if you want em purely as collection pieces.

weskerondope

hi there, good to know that they can be played offline, and no im not thinking about getting cracked versions as someone mentioned, im mostly getting them as collecting pieces anyway, also it would be fun to try the pc versions, the main reason i dont wanna buy games that requires online (like sim city) is purely cause i dont wanna finnancially support bad behaviour from greedy companies, ill definatly buy resident evil 4, and i will consider the other ones too, i just need to read up on how steam and games for windows live works, i dont know that cause i allmost never play modern games on pc

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Steam works pretty well. I've only just upgraded to PC about a week ago and enjoying Steam. Its very reasonable prices. I think you can run cracked versions if you do your research but it probaly won't work online.

weskerondope

yeah man, i normally get no cd cracks for the games i play on pc, its nice not having to allways switch disc for no good reason,

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
yeah the steam games don't need the disc though their summer sale just finished and all the games are expensive on there again. Its annoying playing Re5 PC as that requires the disc everytime. I did find some great mods on re5, playing campaign as Jill as my player 1.

weskerondope

yeah, but i wont buy it from steam though, ill but it a disced version, i hope the game will still be able to play withohut disc, but to be honest, i dont even know if my computer will be able to handle re6 or revelations, its mostly collecting pieces, also i have unstable internet so its allways good to make sure if the games are not allways online stuff, the mods seem like fun too, but it would be cooler if people made like custom campaigns instead of just making new skins and stuff like that, but i understand its lots of hard work to do that

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah I know for re5 you need the disc in every time you play it officially. Re6 is probaly different because re5 uses Games For Windows Live and re6 does not. As for custom campaigns yeah they would be really cool, their might be some but it mostly trainers which swap characters, melee moves and weapons from what I have seen.

There are some very good user mods for left 4 dead 2 if your into that- whole campaigns and some remakes of classic games like Goldeneye, Re3 and Silent Hill as Left4dead campaigns :)

weskerondope

oh yes i love left 4 dead, used to play it all the time on my old laptop (these days i only play it on xbox since my laptop broke)
i remember playing a campaign based on resident evil 3, but it only lasts to the police station cause it wasnt finished, but i could imagine it would be cool to play a custom campaign for the mansion of re1 and also swapping the skins so they look like jill, barry and the others, well anyway, i think i have made a descision now, ill just buy the pc games anyway, the drm doesnt sound TOO bad at least

weskerondope

got the package today, yey
biggest package i ever ordered, 5 pc games, 3 ps3 games, 1 wii u game, all resident evil
turns out there really is a disced version of revelations on pc, unlike what some of you other speculated
i should take picture of my collection soon again

weskerondope

question
do i need to pay money to play online with these games?
like on xbox 360 where you have to pay for xbox live gold?
or is it free on pc?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Its free on PC mate you can log in with your xbox account if its GFWL (game for window live) like on re5, or use a new account, either way a silver free account works. On Steam its all free as well

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
ah thats a shame I was going to ask if you wanted to play mercenaries No Mercy on re6 as I haven't been able to find a game yet online- I found a few regular mercenaries but i wanted to play No Mercy in Co-op.

weskerondope

yeah, hey did you have onslaught mode + digital artbook?
cause i have a dlc code for that, i created another thread on it
if you are interested in it then you can have it

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I had onslaught mode for Xbox but i don't think its on PC? yeah and that would be cool thanks. I manage to get in couple of rounds of No Mercy , it was really epic. 300 combo gives just over 2 million pts.

Top Bottom