• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Honestly Get Sick of the Hype Girl Gamers Get?

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
Its strange but over the last few years the online gaming has rapidly changed. I have several friends on xbox live who are in there 40s,50s and 60s and believe it or not they are quite good at CoD. But as VP-70 said it doesn't really matter what age, sex, sexuality or even race as long as you can play well in my team to beat the opposition!

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
You also have to consider the dynamic of Online play and which games you're playing. 9 times out of 10 generally speaking you're going to run across a dude gamer mainly because more dudes play than women. So over the mic when you actually hear a female voice by nature its a surprise just like those sugar crumbles in that Private Selection bluberry cobbler ice cream (OMG) As far as the sexist comments, those are a different catagory all together. That has to do with the impending doom of all maledom. A. They think they are being funny. B. They generally dont know the touch of a woman. C. They are nervous because of B. D. They aren't mentally sufficient creatures or E. They just dont give a sh*t.......All of which boils down to a desperate need to edumacate themselves, and i believe the world would be a better place if there were more self-awarness and a massive drop of the Ego. But i'm really taking this to a level that isnt really necessary.

I fall in the nervous catagory, not because of any root issues like "Oh man its a girl, I REALLY LIKE GIRLS...i hope she likes me, what should i do???" its more of a general conversation issue that i have. I dont like typical conversations and im not at ease when there isnt a steady flow or connection between me and the other person. I can relate and chit chat for only so long, And its because of this nervousness that i dont function well as an online gamer because i'm REALLY focused on the game and rarely have anything to say because it distracts me lol, but also in the back of my mind thinking "am i supposed to say something or talk about the weather?"

The ratio of chicks vs dudes is rapidly becoming equal now that the gaming world is becoming more and more socially acceptable among all kinds of different peoples. I think the Wii has had a big impact on higher demographic gamers over the last couple of years.

I'm also dating a 'gamer girl' and i'm surprised at how good she is at certain games although i shouldn't be. The times are changing

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Oh man... Don't know about other games, but Halo 3 had some pretty strange exchanges when there was a girl. Often times I see that the gamer girls enjoy it and laugh, but there's a point where a line is crossed and they just run for the hills. The guy in the video is acting, by the way.

Hoady

Doesn't make a difference but it is surprising when you hear a girls voice.

Only 2 pet peeves:
When you go to a profile and "yeah i am a girl, get over it" or "im a girl hehe".Did you have to say that when your name is princesscupcakechick029?
When a girl has a bunch of dudes on her back and she thinks she is the ****ing president. I played a group on gears of war, she gave me lash, as soon as i talked back "hawrabble rabble what you say bllurrrb!?" from the 4 dudes.

Goodness me.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

Only 2 pet peeves:
When you go to a profile and "yeah i am a girl, get over it" or "im a girl hehe".Did you have to say that when your name is princesscupcakechick029?
When a girl has a bunch of dudes on her back and she thinks she is the ******* president. I played a group on gears of war, she gave me lash, as soon as i talked back "hawrabble rabble what you say bllurrrb!?" from the 4 dudes.

Goodness me.
So not only are girl gamers prosecuted for being girl gamers...But they also run the show lol...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I got the special treatment yesterday and didn't mind it. The guys would spray me everytime I'd get hurt and were really nice. They followed my orders and I kept them all alive and we won every game. I thought it was kind of awesome tbh lol...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Meh, I think a lot of girls like the attention... A LOT. Even the ones that say they don't

It doesn't phase me either way. I can get a kick out of the reactions some guys have when they learn I'm a "chick". It's all good fun and I don't care to turn something as simple as playing video games into a sexism issue just because some guys act shocked or even play differently because they learn they're playing with a girl. There's plenty of ways to handle this- you can always just show em' up. ;)

sadistic_greyfox

I used to have a "Poison" avatar and a purple color scheme on PSN/SEN, I cant tell you how many guys added me thinking I was a girl. Mid-way through a convo they ask "are you a girl" and I'd just delete them right off the bat. It became annoying to the point where I just had to change the whole damn theme I had. Guess what, hardly anymore random adds by players in games, it's actually funny how drastic it slowed down. But I love girl gamers, I mean real girl gamers.

428701_315081988547059_176890359032890_786295_387122672_n.jpg

I Just love REAL gamers on the whole. The sad thing is most of the girls I've played with on psn turned out to mostly be attention whores after I tried getting to know them. On my psn friends list there's like a handful of real female gamers, who's on there though usually knows a thing or two about games and not just some COD casual gamer. My hate for them mostly stems from my hate of posers though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I used to have a "Poison" avatar and a purple color scheme on PSN/SEN, I cant tell you how many guys added me thinking I was a girl. Mid-way through a convo they ask "are you a girl" and I'd just delete them right off the bat.
In those guys defense, it WAS a Poison avatar lol...If any band would make you look like a lady it would be them...Hell, I know a couple of guys who STILL wanna **** the dudes from 80's Poison lol...

sadistic_greyfox

In those guys defense, it WAS a Poison avatar lol...If any band would make you look like a lady it would be them...Hell, I know a couple of guys who STILL wanna **** the dudes from 80's Poison lol...

LOL nah, it was Poison from the old Capcom games (currently in Street Fighter X Tekken). Actually it was this avatar without the bad stroke.
a35270c985f954beb0d0a0f65c20f68f.jpg

Dudes just added me after every game I played with them, jokes on them, she's a transgender.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I used to have a "Poison" avatar and a purple color scheme on PSN/SEN, I cant tell you how many guys added me thinking I was a girl. Mid-way through a convo they ask "are you a girl" and I'd just delete them right off the bat. It became annoying to the point where I just had to change the whole damn theme I had. Guess what, hardly anymore random adds by players in games, it's actually funny how drastic it slowed down. But I love girl gamers, I mean real girl gamers.

428701_315081988547059_176890359032890_786295_387122672_n.jpg

I Just love REAL gamers on the whole. The sad thing is most of the girls I've played with on psn turned out to mostly be attention whores after I tried getting to know them. On my psn friends list there's like a handful of real female gamers, who's on there though usually knows a thing or two about games and not just some COD casual gamer. My hate for them mostly stems from my hate of posers though.
Alright... I admit... I'm totally a slut with a controller.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.

Only 2 pet peeves:
When a girl has a bunch of dudes on her back and she thinks she is the ******* president. I played a group on gears of war, she gave me lash, as soon as i talked back "hawrabble rabble what you say bllurrrb!?" from the 4 dudes.

Goodness me.

I reckon the biggest pet peeve of mine is when they take ridiculous pictures of themselves licking controllers (I've seen a deaf girl gamer do this on youtube) or they have their camera's set at a high angle to show their boobs...They may as well tape the ****ing camera to the ceiling.

Top Bottom