• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Honestly Get Sick of the Hype Girl Gamers Get?

Meg

So bin ich eben
I don't have a mic at all. There have been times I've wanted to use a mic, but I new people would just annoying because a girl was talking. And I don't play many games online, so it wouldn't be worth it.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't have a mic at all. There have been times I've wanted to use a mic, but I new people would just annoying because a girl was talking. And I don't play many games online, so it wouldn't be worth it.
I got a mic simply to play ORC with the fabulousness that is Femme and Story; it makes online play so much easier and I actually don't mind playing online now.

Sextual harrassment and sexist jokes are one thing but hype is another. I have to say I get rather flattered when guys get excited over the fact that I'm a female gamer. Not in a sexy way but the ones I have encounter (All offline mind you.) are more facsinated with me and usually welcome me. It's not special treatment, they're just accepting me as one of them and it feels good to be on equal terms.

One of the reasons I typically hate online gaming is because it is overrun with spinless trolls that speak of things they would never dream of saying to a person's face in real life. I can't stand these losers, does it really make them feel good? These sexist guys are probably telling girls online to go make them a sandwich because mommy is too old to walk down to their basement with one.

I don't see why it's so unbelievable to some that a girl can be as good at a game as guys if not better. Our brains are NOT that different and certainly not to the point where it would effect are learning in any department dispite what the psuedo "science" gender studies say.

Btw, I think some girls make custsie names so guys won't ask them a million times, "Are you a girl?" Everytime im one youtube and I complament a male character on their looks or someone else does, someone will ask, " Are you a chick?!" ...So gays can't play games now? What if im not a girl? What are you gonna do, spam my box with hate mail? Im glad you spend you time wisely. -_-

There's my two cents anyways.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If ever I'm with my little bro who has a mic I take it, wear it, and put on that stereotypical "gay voice"...You wouldn't believe the sh*t I get because they think they're playing CoD (When really it's my little bro playing) with a homo...It's funny because They end up thinking this homo is kicking ass...Really theres a twelve year old with a controller moping the floor with em...Not everyone flips cause of the gay thing...Just when they do it's SO freakin' funny...

Mr Sunshine

I don't get this whole sandwich joke either..

I mean aren't women of the west capable enough of cooking anything better?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't get this whole sandwich joke either..

I mean aren't women of the west capable enough of cooking anything better?
Well...They used to be...Then the feminist movement started...

Jokes aside, I both do and don't have a problem with feminists...I mean...I love an independent woman, because guys should try to exert power of women..We are equals...However, I don't want a woman becoming a man...I don't mean transexual or anything...I mean figuratively...If I want to open a door for a woman (which I always do), I don't want them to not go through it because they're capable of doing it there self and don't need the help of a man...That's tomfoolery...Men open doors for women out of respect...So women have power if you look at it in that light...Men and women are equals, yes...But if a man is going to treat a lady kindly she should be appreciative, and not angry because he wouldn't treat a man with the same kindness...

Sorry for the rant...

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
Honestly I don't even get surprised anymore when I see a girl playing online. I've ran into MANY. We talked and played. It doesn't matter what you are. We're all here to game.

It's alot more different when you move to Asia. It's extremely rare to find girls that play Assassins Creed etc... they're all obsessed with K-Pop, makeup and shopping...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
It's alot more different when you move to Asia. It's extremely rare to find girls that play Assassins Creed etc... they're all obsessed with K-Pop, makeup and shopping...
Yeah, I think female gamers varies from country to country. Its picked up speed here in the US the last couple years. While other places may not have as many. Lets bring more all over.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
I respect girl gamers way more then guy gamers for only one reason
most if not all guys ive played with are dicks for no apparent reasons
i have never had a problem with a girl gamer and i dont think ill ever will

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't play online games but I've met many girl gamers on gaming forums. My sister play online and I've never heard her mention anything about gender comments or "female treatment", and she uses a female nickname. What bothers her is all kid players, she stopped playing WOW for that reason.

Girls are as talented as guys, it's a matter of experience.

I also tend to give them all of my equipment, which usually leaves me fighting naked with a wooden sword or something.
Thank you Fallen for all the nice images in my head... :p

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
the whole girl gamers argument is stupid, because boy or girl we both game.
HOWEVER just as with boys (the tween boys who scream on xbox live and face off against everyone and think their so grown up...<<these kids give guy gamers a bad rep. when it comes to girls, girls who just come on and play so be it, but there's that small handful that have to make it SO obvious there a girl and expect all the boys in the lobby to suck up to them etc etc.
everyone has probably seen this once..
my example would be back in the days of halo 2, it was a FFA custom match, with one girl who was honestly about 15 (or so she sounded) and the rest boys , so i joined into this match and the guys were like, oh you can't kill @@@@ it's her bday today :/ and they would run around with her letting her get the kills..this to me is the most pathetic example i can think of that i've ever encountered.
if you're a girl and you play games so be it, just don't expect huge amounts of attention, play like the rest of us.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
the whole girl gamers argument is stupid, because boy or girl we both game.
HOWEVER just as with boys (the tween boys who scream on xbox live and face off against everyone and think their so grown up...<<these kids give guy gamers a bad rep. when it comes to girls, girls who just come on and play so be it, but there's that small handful that have to make it SO obvious there a girl and expect all the boys in the lobby to suck up to them etc etc.
everyone has probably seen this once..
my example would be back in the days of halo 2, it was a FFA custom match, with one girl who was honestly about 15 (or so she sounded) and the rest boys , so i joined into this match and the guys were like, oh you can't kill @@@@ it's her bday today :/ and they would run around with her letting her get the kills..this to me is the most pathetic example i can think of that i've ever encountered.
if you're a girl and you play games so be it, just don't expect huge amounts of attention, play like the rest of us.

Girls that normally do that remind me of that episode of South Park "Stupid Spoiled Whore" xD

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I have never seen the fuss. It's like in the Premier League, there was a huge row over sexist comments made by several employees of Sky Sports over a female linesman. If they're good at their job, why should sex have anything to do with them not being accepted as just another worker in that field?
If a girl plays games and I'm playing against them, I make no exceptions. I treat them as I would a mate; give them banter and if they get offended, swiftly apologise and continue the game. If they take it well, I say no more of it and continue the game. We shouldn't treat girl gamers as if they're either 'leaving the kitchen' or as royalty. I only do the latter in real life because I'm not like many people these days. But that's another story, for another day.
Bottom line is, we shouldn't treat each other differently due to race, sex, religion or sexuality. We don't offend each other due to any of those. We treat others as simply that and let them be.

Top Bottom