• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 DLC or DISC?

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
I know it's a bit early but...

I can't decide, wha'ts better bying it physical or dlc?

I know physical it's better but, what if the ps4 isn't disc compatible like the ps3 with the ps2?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I'd say get a disc since the digital version will come only later for the PS3, that is if you can't wait for it, of course.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Im geting download. I don't like how its advertised for like £39.99 though. it should be around 1600 points or £20. as the DS version is £20-£30 and this is a HD remake, and over a year old , it should be discounted accordingly. Their selling it at full price and I dont think thats fair.

Eddges

ill be getting it disc as allways, a download is in my opinion no better than a pirate copy
I know but you know the PS4 is near, and what if it's not backwards compatibility and you can download the game from the PSN store?

weskerondope

good point, but i still prefer a disc though, im a console collecter you see, just cause i buy a ps4 doesnt mean im gonna sell my 360 and ps3, i also didnt feel bad about downloading resident evil 4 HD for playstation 3 from bitgamer, now before anyone bash me as a common thief i just wanna say i would love to have bought the game on disc, but only the japanese got the disc, and i did buy the game for both gamecube and ps2, and hopefully i will find a copy of the japanese ps3 version also,
but since revelations comes for disc, i think i will go for the 360 version this time, i only have 4gb memory on 360 anyways

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
You know, aside from the fact that you're paying for it.

(and that you have no idea what pirating is)
LOL.

I don't know. If it were me... I kinda like digital copies rather than physical, because it can't get broke. But if there is a gamestop bonus for pre ordering, I'd try to get that instead.

Unfortunately I will only have enough for probally one game this year... And that is a tie between dead island riptide, and The walking dead survival instincts.

weskerondope

You know, aside from the fact that you're paying for it.

(and that you have no idea what pirating is)

im very aware of the differences thank you, but if i buy something, i like a disc or cartridge, something to hold in my hand,
thats just what i like, while some people are not really into the whole collecting hobby as i am, they might prefer download, which is convinient in lots of ways, the bad thing about downloads are that you cant bring the disc over to a friend a play it on his or hers console, you have to bring the whole console then, and yeah i dont mind supporting capcom for the resident evil series (my collection speaks for itself on that matter) but in the end discs are more suitable for my needs than download

Eddges

im very aware of the differences thank you, but if i buy something, i like a disc or cartridge, something to hold in my hand,
thats just what i like, while some people are not really into the whole collecting hobby as i am, they might prefer download, which is convinient in lots of ways, the bad thing about downloads are that you cant bring the disc over to a friend a play it on his or hers console, you have to bring the whole console then, and yeah i dont mind supporting capcom for the resident evil series (my collection speaks for itself on that matter) but in the end discs are more suitable for my needs than download
Thta's also a good point, but Sony said the lifetime of a PS3 is 10 years, what if it get's broken or something.. (My Wii for example, it stopped working so I'm kind of paranoid) Or sell it to get a great discount on the PS4? Posibility of breaking, scratching the disc or lose it when the digital copy will always be there no matter what. But the physical copy it's ****ing awesome, nothing beat those, the box, the booklet, the disc... tho my whole RE collection is in digital format (except 6). I just don't know...

weskerondope

yeah i bet my ps3 will eventually break, i think pretty much every console that reads disc get a tired laser after a while and eventually stops reading the discs at all, so nothing really lasts forever i guess, not even digital copies, i mean god forbid the servers goes down (why they would do that i dont know), so i guess the best thing is to enjoy the games while we can, and have as many different copies of them as possible, i have for instance resi 4 on both gc and ps2, so hopefully at least one of my many consoles will survive longer than me

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
LOL.

I don't know. If it were me... I kinda like digital copies rather than physical, because it can't get broke. But if there is a gamestop bonus for pre ordering, I'd try to get that instead.

Unfortunately I will only have enough for probally one game this year... And that is a tie between dead island riptide, and The walking dead survival instincts.
Walking Dead for the win

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I like having physical copies. I like to look at the instruction manual booklet before i play the game. I dont really learn much from it since I research the h*** out of a game first but i just like...holding it...
does that sound weird?

Eddges

I like having physical copies. I like to look at the instruction manual booklet before i play the game. I dont really learn much from it since I research the h*** out of a game first but i just like...holding it...
does that sound weird?
Not really.. Everyone loves booklets!

Top Bottom