• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Did anyone notice?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I just noticed this one last night but the cargo station that Jake and Sherry escape through looks a lot like the underground train station Leon, Claire and Sherry use to escape Raccoon City.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
The Mercenaries Alt costumes refer to that characters past

Piers, Helena, and Jake are perfect examples

Piers-Wanted more excitement

Helena-Had let her emotions cloud her judgement (The gesture says that)

Jake-Was a thug he did anything to survive

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Even though this might seem a minor detail to some, I always found it kinda trademark.
Anyone who played the classics and ever tried using a Magnum on a zombie knows that 99% of the time it pops the head. Well in the newer ones for example RE5 most of the time it did not do that but now in RE6 that is back.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Ok, I just started Leon's Chapter 4 and Code Veronica anyone?
The famous place where many had to restart the whole game.
The enemy gets thrown out of the plane but the cargo almost hits Leon and Helena there instead of the enemy this time around.
P.S. Hope this won't count as double posting :p

Kratoz7

I think some cynical reviewers were too busy rushing through the game to get their reviews out and ended up bashing it instead of appreciating the smaller and subtle nods or looking at the big picture of what Resident Evil 6 represents to the rest of the franchise. I love how everyone is finding things that even I did not even notice.

Reactions: 013

svp

hiding in the garbage disposals from the ustanak reminds me of throwing stupid Ashley in there in Re4 ...its funny how u hear Sherry and Jake fight when they are hiding lol

weskerondope

this is not really a reference to another re game
but the part in jakes campaign when jake and sherry are separated at some kind of hospital or something
looks very much like mirrors edge
everything is white and red

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
this is not really a reference to another re game
but the part in jakes campaign when jake and sherry are separated at some kind of hospital or something
looks very much like mirrors edge
everything is white and red
Actually erything is just white besides the pipe/wire or whatever it was in the one place where you can get out.

weskerondope

yeah thats my point, in mirrors edge some stuff are red just to give you hints where to go and stuff
i havent actually played to much mirrors edge cause i dont like that game
but i wathced people play it enough to react on the similarity, have you played mirrors edge albert?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
yeah thats my point, in mirrors edge some stuff are red just to give you hints where to go and stuff
i havent actually played to much mirrors edge cause i dont like that game
but i wathced people play it enough to react on the similarity, have you played mirrors edge albert?
I see and nope, not interested.

weskerondope

yeah, neither am i
a guy i know recomended me to play the game,
but he is sort of a resident evil hater (survival horror hater to be precise)
so i ignore the guys recomendations hehe

MissDomino

Premium
I don't know if this is really far-fetched and it's not exactly a reference to the older games. I've noticed this after watching Aliens and Alien 3 a while ago.

The Rasklapanje enemies, while they don't look anything like the aliens, I couldn't help but notice a few similarities.
-The severed Rasklapanje hands are kinda like facehuggers
-The baby ones (like when you get a game over) are born in the same way as chestbursters and make the same sound too.
-They are weak against fire.

Watching the movies, I also noticed the setting of Aliens looks a whole lot like Chris's chapter 5
images

images

images

It even had similar looking elevators, but I couldn't find screens.

The setting on Alien 3 was kinda like Jake chapter 5 too, even had a furnace and all that stuff too.
images

Couldn't get it out of my head, so I had to post it. Wouldn't be the first time movie references made their way into Resident Evil, I guess.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I believe the Aliens stuff is so classy by now that you can't help but associate any creature that bursts out of a human with them lmao

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet, and it might not have been on purpose cause it could've been due to cheesy writing, but I noticed this last night.

So in both RE6, and RE0, Jake and Billy both say something really corny before dramatically firing a single bullet at their main enemy.
Billy: "Feast on this."
Jake: "Eat this." (Or something similar, haven't played in a while.)

I mostly find it ironic because of the similarities between the character dynamics of Shake, and Billy/Rebecca.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet, and it might not have been on purpose cause it could've been due to cheesy writing, but I noticed this last night.

So in both RE6, and RE0, Jake and Billy both say something really corny before dramatically firing a single bullet at their main enemy.
Billy: "Feast on this."
Jake: "Eat this." (Or something similar, haven't played in a while.)

I mostly find it ironic because of the similarities between the character dynamics of Shake, and Billy/Rebecca.
That really applies to pretty much anyone. Take Leon in RE2 for example: "Game Over" That is a classy thing nonetheless.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
One thing that I've always loved about the series is the way that fighting is more of a puzzle than a "shoot everything" gunfight:
Watch this person play RE3 Mercenaries with Nicholai right through to part 5. It's impressive. Once you figure out the AI, where to shoot, run, etc you can play through like god. I can beat RE2 with a knife and handgun, no first aid spray, 1 save, in 1hr20min (or at least I could 15 years ago and now with some practice =p). RE6 is actually the most like the first games to me in this respect. Shoot chest, each leg, you can kill em with a counter. Head, melee. Quickshot, slide, melee, leave this barrel for that boss etc. The only difference now is that there's sooo much ammo, melees are waaay powerful and counters etc are cued onscreen so you don't really have to be tactical if you don't wanna be.

RE6's counter is RE3's dodge, triggered with the same button at the same instant. It's even used to add seconds in Mercenaries like it did in the original.

I am watching Alphaomegasin's let's play of RE1 and he said in the DC of RE1 there is a part where you look in the bathroom mirror and eventually a zombie comes up behind you and you can see it in the mirror. When he said that I instantly thought of Leon and the Shreiker. Although I must say many of these mentions are probably just similarities rather than prequel references considering how long the franchise is, it's hard to come up with something new without making too much change.

Top Bottom