• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Did anyone notice?

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Some of the things in RE6 are similar to the older games, kinda like a "tip of the hat" to past titles. for example.

Leon and Helana, Jake and Sherry separated by the fire after the Ustanak battle.. reminds me of Leon and Claire in the beginning of RE2.

The snake (can't remember the name) in Chris's game.. made me think of Yawn from RE1.

Ustanak reminds me of a Nemesis from RE3, he never quits even when you think you killed him.

I got killed by a zombie in the catacombs on Mercs and in the death scene it shows a shot of the zombie looking over his shoulder, just like the first zombie in RE1.. thought that was neat.

Them are some of the top of my head, can anyone think of any others???

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Some of the things in RE6 are similar to the older games, kinda like a "tip of the hat" to past titles. for example.

Leon and Helana, Jake and Sherry separated by the fire after the Ustanak battle.. reminds me of Leon and Claire in the beginning of RE2.

The snake (can't remember the name) in Chris's game.. made me think of Yawn from RE1.

Ustanak reminds me of a Nemesis from RE3, he never quits even when you think you killed him.

I got killed by a zombie in the catacombs on Mercs and in the death scene it shows a shot of the zombie looking over his shoulder, just like the first zombie in RE1.. thought that was neat.

Oh yeah finding those were pretty cool

But listen to Jake's Whistle at the start of his story Ring a bell?

The tune is A CV song (I think it's alot easier to spot in the Darkside Chronicles Version)

Leon meets the cop

Chris vs Jake

Ada & Leon Vs Simmons

"The Ties That Bind"

'The Longest Elevator"

And So Much more

Funny, the whole time I was playing of Resident Evil 6, I would get stuff here and there that would make me go, "Hey, that reminds me of..." I thought it was awsome. The ones I can think of have already been stated, but there were some other ones including one that made me think of RE4.

Kratoz7

The 2nd Chapter in Chris's campaign where they are inside the big building cover with that nasty goop with dead people in cocoons. Its the same set up as main entrance of the original mansion from Resident Evil 1.

Simmons underground lab is like the umbrella underground labs.

The cop Leon meets is on his first day on the job.

The Resident Evil 2 instrumental that plays when Leon looks up at Ada in chapter 5.

The long armed J'avo are like the long armed enemies in Code Veronica.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
* Ada's theme from RE2 can be heard at least once in the game.
* Piers vs Jake = Chris Jr. vs Wesker Jr.
* Leon likes to run around in the sewers a lot; he does it in almost every game/movie he appears in.
* Helena's China outfit reminds me of Claire's from RE2. (Someone who once walked in on me playing RE6 actually mistook her for Claire at first.)
* Chris's story is similar to the plot of RE5: He starts out in a desperate state, but becomes more optimistic towards the end. Then there's the ending: Wesker used his last remaining strength to try to kill Chris, Piers used his last strength to save him; lava was replaced by water.
* Jake and Sherry working together to save the world is the reverse of Wesker and Birkin working together to destroy it.
* Ada gives Leon a rocket launcher to defeat the final boss.
* A helicopter containing good guys is shot down by the evil guys in Chris's first chapter.
* The big enemy in Chris's second chapter has its weak spot on its back / back of the head, just like RE5's version of El Gigante that has vulnerable tentacles/parasites/whatever coming out of its upper body.

I'm sure there's more that caught my attention, but I don't remember everything now. Astonishingly, what's missing in this game (but it wasn't in RE5 either) is a self-destruct mechanism and a timer that tells you how long you still have to finish the game.

But listen to Jake's Whistle at the start of his story Ring a bell?
The tune is A CV song (I think it's alot easier to spot in the Darkside Chronicles Version)

Which CV song do you mean? Many people say it's the Berceuse ("There was a friendly, but naive king..."), but I've listened to the Berceuse many, many times and the melody is different.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
* Ada's theme from RE2 can be heard at least once in the game.
* Piers vs Jake = Chris Jr. vs Wesker Jr.
* Leon likes to run around in the sewers a lot; he does it in almost every game/movie he appears in.
* Helena's China outfit reminds me of Claire's from RE2. (Someone who once walked in on me playing RE6 actually mistook her for Claire at first.)
* Chris's story is similar to the plot of RE5: He starts out in a desperate state, but becomes more optimistic towards the end. Then there's the ending: Wesker used his last remaining strength to try to kill Chris, Piers used his last strength to save him; lava was replaced by water.
* Jake and Sherry working together to save the world is the reverse of Wesker and Birkin working together to destroy it.
* Ada gives Leon a rocket launcher to defeat the final boss.
* A helicopter containing good guys is shot down by the evil guys in Chris's first chapter.
* The big enemy in Chris's second chapter has its weak spot on its back / back of the head, just like RE5's version of El Gigante that has vulnerable tentacles/parasites/whatever coming out of its upper body.

I'm sure there's more that caught my attention, but I don't remember everything now. Astonishingly, what's missing in this game (but it wasn't in RE5 either) is a self-destruct mechanism and a timer that tells you how long you still have to finish the game.

Ada's theme is in twice, The ties that Bind (Leon's Version) And Ada's Staff roll

Chris's was by far the easiest to spot not gonna explain why as you should know, As for Jake's Whistle I could be mistaken but I believe it may be a mix of the Ashford's theme with the song you mentioned as it sounds similer to both themes

Hell now that I think about this mostly reminds me of Re2...

Might be hinting at REmake....(A boy can dream)

Which CV song do you mean? Many people say it's the Berceuse ("There was a friendly, but naive king..."), but I've listened to the Berceuse many, many times and the melody is different.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Those little figures you collect for skill points look like chess pieces. RE2, sewer entrance puzzle, anyone?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I remember saying somewhere else that adult Sherry somewhat reminds me of Rebecca. Now that I think about it, Jake is also similar to Billy in a way. We have the cute girl with the short hair who must be looked after, and the shady guy with the surprising piano skills who likes to give his partner nicknames. Am I talking about Sherry and Jake, or Rebecca and Billy? Who knows...

Kratoz7

I remember saying somewhere else that adult Sherry somewhat reminds me of Rebecca. Now that I think about it, Jake is also similar to Billy in a way. We have the cute girl with the short hair who must be looked after, and the shady guy with the surprising piano skills who likes to give his partner nicknames. Am I talking about Sherry and Jake, or Rebecca and Billy? Who knows...
Hah I'm glad that you mentioned that because in every Resident Evil game there have been two playable characters. Usually one male and one female. Even in Resident Evil 2 3 and code veronica you were never completely alone even if a lot of the games felt like you were alone gameplay wise. I mean in horror wouldn't it make sense to stick together rathe then separate?

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
So many nice finds. Go figure why everyone hates the game so much if it clearly was aimed towards the fans, at least in some aspects.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't understand that anyway. For me, RE6 is clearly one of the best entries in the series.

Another random detail I noticed, although probably a coincidence: The age difference between Chris and Piers and their working relationship is the same as with Chris and Wesker back in the day. It's nice to see how Captain Wesker's "best man" became a captain himself and has his own best man now.

weskerondope

yeah i enjoyed re6 much better than revelations and re5,
seriously who doesnt miss the old school stuff, but re6 was a cool game

oh yeah, and in the begining of leons campaign, he crash a police car cause a zombie mess with him when he is driving
(like in RE2)
wouldnt wanna be in a car with leon, he sucks at driving, especially when he has zombie passangers

Kratoz7

So many nice finds. Go figure why everyone hates the game so much if it clearly was aimed towards the fans, at least in some aspects.

I think some people hated it(when compared to 5) because there was more action and increased mobility (even though the new [and optional] controls were streamlined toward mobility and modern shooters and having to fight the deadly and faster J'avo enemies). I think another reason people hated it was how the melee and shooting was such a jarring change for them. Its a weird combination that a lot of players not only didn't get used to, but actually hated because it was so different from most 3rd person shooters today. I'm guessing they didn't like quick time events (but that's just a preference thing). Either some people don't care about quick time events and are fine with them and other people hate them with a passion. And the repeated sections reviewers complained about were the sections that allowed players to join 2 other players for 4 player co op. So if people only care about decade old 1-player style game design, than its starting to make a little more sense why people didn't like the game.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Ustanak does not only chase you relentlessly like Nemesis, he's also killed with the same weapon: A magnum, found by chance when you meet him for the last time.
(But then again, who knows if he's really dead?)

Top Bottom