• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Did Anyone Else Kill the Merchant Before the Salazar Fight?

Larae

Candy Tactician
I did, the first time I played through. From a distance, I saw his red eyes in the dark and nothing else, so I shot him, thinking he was a new monster to impede my path.

I was completely out of everything that I needed, too.
Also, I hadn't saved since close to the beginning, because I was doing so well and blazing through the game.
I facepalmed so hard that day.

Anyone else ever do this by accident, or for fun?

Larae

Candy Tactician
Yeah, I definitely felt bad once I realized that it was him. Me not saving all of that time was what I'd call a decent sentence for accidental merchant-murder.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah, I definitely felt bad once I realized that it was him. Me not saving all of that time was what I'd call a decent sentence for accidental merchant-murder.
I totally lol'd at this. I hate RE4 but the best part of the game, excluding the fact that you can play as HUNK in Mercenaries, was the Merchant.

Shame on you. *waggles finger*

Larae

Candy Tactician
No, I had to start over, there was no way I was going to beat him with what I had, which I recall wasn't much, and not enough to kill him with. I died pretty quickly. I had no healing items either, so that was a completely RE4-filled day.
Thankfully it's a good game worth replaying many times.

sadistic_greyfox

I've never killed him, well beside my mess around playthrough afterwords when i got everything, killing him isn't as satisfying as busting ganado heads though :p .

Larae

Candy Tactician
I just can't believe I confused him for a monster, but this is why sleep is important when you get a new game. Also, he has some really awesome red eyes in the dark.
Poor merchant. If I ever play 4 again, I'll buy up all of his things, so he's loaded and set for life.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I did, the first time I played through. From a distance, I saw his red eyes in the dark and nothing else, so I shot him, thinking he was a new monster to impede my path.

I was completely out of everything that I needed, too.
Also, I hadn't saved since close to the beginning, because I was doing so well and blazing through the game.
I facepalmed so hard that day.

Anyone else ever do this by accident, or for fun?
I use the map and I keep track of merchants and typewriters. The blue flames are very easy to see, but maybe they weren't so visible from your position at that time.
I have killed a merchant some times by accident, he can take NO damage. I reload if I do, I can't have blood on my hands.
Saving just take some seconds and I save whenever I can. But one time I had not saved all day (at least 7 hours), an idiot switched off the power in the fuse box and all was lost. I was so annoyed.

the best part of the game, excluding the fact that you can play as HUNK in Mercenaries, was the Merchant.
Haha that is so very funny. :D

I just can't believe I confused him for a monster, but this is why sleep is important when you get a new game. Also, he has some really awesome red eyes in the dark.
Poor merchant. If I ever play 4 again, I'll buy up all of his things, so he's loaded and set for life.
Tiredness and alcohol don't mix well with games! :p

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
Oh no! Your heart is cold and your veins are filled with ice! :p :D
^that post!

i never killed him either.. was one of the few that didnt wanted to kill the hell out of me when i played lol.. good guy... kinda creepy... but good guy at least haha

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The merchants are plaga infected so it's strange they are so friendly. They take Leon's money, but I think it's strange nevertheless.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
It's probably due to them being infected with a different type of plaga, but it's just a hunch.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Perhaps, but all types of plagas respond to the master plaga, so type shouldn't matter.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
True enough, but if that were the case, then the merchant would appear hostile since the plaga would receive the order from the master plaga, like all the others, to kill Leon.

It's just something to think about, really confusing concept behind it all.

Top Bottom