• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Rising 3

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium

It's weird, this is probably the only zombie game series I haven't played yet. I will have to give this a go sometime.

Some Nights

No Shape
Not really feeling the "darker, grittier" look/feel. Won't be able to play it anyways. Will definitely watch some playthroughs or something eventually though.

Reactions: L

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
The first two i played extensively and this looks almost identical with a different colour hue on top. The graphics honestly dont look much better than current gen,. its obviously just a larger map. Dead Rising 1 was better than 2 with the story line and enemies. Dead Rising 2 was so easy and got boring very quickly. Also the combat looks just as bad, as the first two games. the zombies die from a single whack or bullet whether its in their head or not. They are so weak and just instantly die when he hits them like they arent even real. Zombies arent meant to just drop dead when you hit them once anywhere on their body. I was hoping they would make it dark and dangerous but looks like you just charge around picking up bountiful weapons while the zombies stand around and dont cause a threat.

L

Lurker
Dead Rising was fun because you could do whatever you wanted. In fact, it was encouraged that you don't do the story on your first playthrough. Dead Rising 2 was a big disappointment for me, mainly because of Zombrex and the fact that it was so easy. I'm not looking forward to Dead Rising 3, even if I was able to play it.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
the smart glass thing is freaking annoying as well. They should have an in game option for the smart glass/ kinnect features. I have a nice smart phone but thanks to MS Sh*tty coding, their smart glass app wont open on it. Yes it is Android 4.0 and good enough resolution. Sucks. So as im considering an xbox one and i would have to consider a new tablet to get these half baked features. I really , really want to like xbox one and Dead rising 3 but more i hear about the more it makes me mad!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Since it's supposed to be 10 years after Dead Rising 2, I sure hope we get an explanation about what happened with Frank, Chuck and that Phenotrans lady from Case: West.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I'm probaly going to just stick to PC. the latest interview with the developers i saw over the weekend just tells everything we already knew. The combat and zombies look very basic to me

Hoady

I love the whole fun factor associated with Dead Rising. The whole reason its good imo is because you can kill zombies in a shopping mall with practically anything available. It seems that is not the focus on DR3 and more about apocalyptic/fear etc.

It look's good but i love the whole element of killing zombies for blatant fun. If that is missing well that sucks!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I know what you mean but i don't actually think the combat in dead rising 1 and 2 was much fun. Yeah its good when you have a powerful weapon or in my case i prefer shooting heads, but its pretty much one hit kill on every weapon and very unrealistic..no weight to the weapons or combat, sooo arcadey, In my opinion very basic and easy one hit one move combat, hack n slash with little variety. The zombies feel like toys, not to be feared, just look giant stuffed toys to be whacked around. I would love a game with as many on screen zombies as dead island but with a challenge and scary. So to me dead rising 3 looked more of the same, not apocalyptic/fear enough, too tame and made for children. Sorry!

Top Bottom