• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crash Okami reporting in!

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Ah well, after a few weeks here, I love the place and the people. Time to officially introduce myself.

My real name is not Crash Okami, obviously, but it starts with a C, at least. It's Christos, and I'm Greek, in case you wonder where this comes from. It's the synonym of Chris, but Chris is the Englishised version of it.

I've loved games ever since I was 5. Can't call my then-self a true gamer, but by 8-9, I surely was. I still enjoy basketball and sometimes football, but video games have always been in my heart, in a special place. I own more than 300 games, across all generations, and on multiple platforms. I've finished more than 260 of said games, and the rest are on my to-do list. I also like collecting video game goodies, or special/limited editions. I've a handful of those, too. I don't go "nerd" over them, though. I have knowledge, my friends call me a "walking video games database", but I'm not the kind of guy that will shun you or look down on you if you say something incorrect about a video game - nothing like that. I don't even like starting video game discussions when with friends, unless we all want to let it go that way.

Out of many, many games I have fond memories of, Resident Evil's memories and upcoming games brought me here. I've not found any other RE dedicated fan-site of this quality. As a web developer myself, I applaud the creator, and I hope he reads this. As far as RE goes... my first RE game was RE2. It had quite an impact on me, maybe because I was around 7 at the time I got it (released when I was 6). I managed to get through it, although with many, many mistakes, since my English language skills were something more than 0 back then. But the story isn't what I looked for in games back then, it was fun. And even though RE2 made me **** my pants multiple times (not literally, but almost literally), I always wanted to go back for more. I still remember the Kendo scene and how freaked out I was when it happened, or mutated Birkin. Ever since, me and one of my brothers are RE fans, in the sense that we've not missed a single main game, have always been completionists with them, and we know the biggest part of the lore (meaning, small details surely evade us, but we know what RE is better than a simple RE player).

I like heavy metal, rock, and hip-hop music (yeh, managed to get them together). But nothing of the extreme type on any category. I like good lyrics, thoughtful lyrics, but sometimes, I won't say no to pure nonsense for the sake of fun or just the song pumping me up. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Brand New, and on the hip-hop side, Eminem, Jay-Z, (if you can consider him hip-hop) Bruno Mars, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Cut Chemist, Fort Minor, Gorillaz.

I'm almost 20, studying web developing, and I'm on my last semester. I'm working on my graduation project, I have until June to turn it in. Since I'm putting a lot of work and time into it, I'll keep the site and operate it. It will be about my passion, which is nothing else than gaming. A site with gaming news, reviews, previews, but mostly, opinions and community input. The users will be of utmost importance, with contests, giveaways, organized matches on all kinds of games, and weekly features, such as video commentaries or strategy guides, or even gameplay tips and tricks. And there's something more.

My biggest dream ain't to be a successful web developer. I'm taking my first, slow as a turtle's, steps into game developing. As a web developer, I've also studied some more complex programming languages (at least to me), like Java and C++. These are used a ton in game developing, and since I have the grasp of how programming works, I've decided to educate myself on developing engines and everything that goes on behind what the player sees. If I'm lucky, I'll join a game developing course in a college here, or abroad. If I'm not, I'll learn it all by myself and later seek opportunities in the industry. As such, my gaming site will also feature this: my very first, very own video game.

Due to time constraints with my primary project, I've not poured much time and thought into it yet. But after June, I'm all up for it. As of now, it will be a one-man project, but I'm sure that through my site, more people will be interested and join the cause. Of course, it will be absolutely free, and community input will guide it throughout and post development.

What else is there for me? I think I didn't omit anything meaningful. As you see, I like to talk quite a bit, seeing how I started with 3 paragraphs in my mind and ended up with an essay. See ya around, zombie killers!

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Hey, Crash. Nice too meet somebody who is just as passionate about videogames. :D

Yeah, Resident Evil 2 was a shocker for sure. The G-virus and the Licker smashing through that damn magic-mirror. The Kendo scene used to make me so nervous as a child, waiting for the Zombie's to smash through the window. The ambience didn't help. lol

Anyhow, I hope you're site grows well and gets the attention it deserves. It's best to take things slowly and take in all the knowledge at your own steady pace. Here's to hoping things turn out for the best! :D

Take care.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Oooooh the Lickers, creepy ***hats. They also look ugly, disgusting and menacing in RE: ORC, not helping my childhood fears :p

Thanks for your kind words, I hope all turns out well from this point on :D You too!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Welcome, welcome.

Yes, I do make a rather superb website, don't I?

Ok, so it's not actually me who made it but I am married to the creator so that kind of counts, right? RIGHT????? Anywho, welcome on board, glad to have you here and if you see any biscuits lying around, they're mine. You can't have them. You can have jelly and cake instead, but biscuits are a no-no. Sorry about that.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Welcome, welcome.

Yes, I do make a rather superb website, don't I?

Ok, so it's not actually me who made it but I am married to the creator so that kind of counts, right? RIGHT????? Anywho, welcome on board, glad to have you here and if you see any biscuits lying around, they're mine. You can't have them. You can have jelly and cake instead, but biscuits are a no-no. Sorry about that.
Uh, that counts, sure. An ex of mine helped me with some design choices sometimes. I scrapped them, but because they were not user-friendly, no grudges :p

Also, I don't like jelly, but I'll take the cake.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Welcome! Nice introduction. It's fascinating how you played when you were so young and didn't know English, but still were fascinated by RE. That just goes to show that even without knowing the storyline RE is still awesome and scary! :) I hope you enjoy it here.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Hello :D Indeed, I remember liking Leon a lot, and from what my brothers sometimes translated for me, I knew he was a rookie cop and had a very unlucky start at the RPD. I kind of liked the idea of that, but mostly I was there for the zombies. I always liked this type of movies/games, provided they're well-made.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Welcome Welcome!!
I have to ask, is it hard to study for web Designing? I was going for it, but the only classes the college I was attending wanted me to take, where ones that had nothing to do with what I was wanting to study. (Health was the main one that confused me). Did you have to take these classes too?

Top Bottom