• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Could Wesker have ever worked as a non-villian?

Zacmac90

Ok here me out before you all laugh at me, I'm not saying a goody two shoes or anything but more like an anti hero..maybe an Ada Wong type of role, neither friend nor enemy.

You may now all light your torches and sharpen your pitchforks at my blasphemy

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think he could have. I feel like circumstances in the first game made him the villain but he even said it himself, in the original I believe, that he had nothing against S.T.A.R.S. but he needed the research data. It was only later that he came back and there was a vendetta against Chris that you didn't really see in the original release.

I think he definitely could've been more of a this is my job but I have nothing against you character if things had been done differently. It would've been hard because he did betray his team so that made it personal for the survivors if nothing else but it could've been done.

Zacmac90

I feel like any version pre Resident Evil 5 Wesker could have been like that, aid Leon or Claire or even Rebecca (prob the only S.T.A.R.S member that wouldnt be out for his blood and shoot him on sight) to a point even if its just to suit his own objective

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I would like to see a Wesker more like this too, just someone out for his own selfish agenda, with no vendetta against Chris and Jill or world domination scheme.

Although, D.C. Douglas's hammy Matrix Wesker is a guilty pleasure.

Zacmac90

I would like to see a Wesker more like this too, just someone out for his own selfish agenda, with no vendetta against Chris and Jill or world domination scheme.

Although, D.C. Douglas's hammy Matrix Wesker is a guilty pleasure.

I thought it was Chris and Jill with the Vendetta against Wesker since he's either tried to kill them (Chris/Jill) or force them to work against their will (Jill)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I thought it was Chris and Jill with the Vendetta against Wesker since he's either tried to kill them (Chris/Jill) or force them to work against their will (Jill)

If we're going by RE5, than I'd say the feeling is pretty mutual. Chris even says as much, briefly explaining the events of previous games that Wesker has this hate boner for him because Chris ruined his plans twice already.

Zacmac90

If we're going by RE5, than I'd say the feeling is pretty mutual. Chris even says as much, briefly explaining the events of previous games that Wesker has this hate boner for him because Chris ruined his plans twice already.

Honestly I hated what they did with Wesker in Resident evil 5, he looked like an overpowered evil combination of Mr.Smith and the protagonist from the Matrix

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
RE5’s mercenaries always made me envision what it would be like if Wesker were an antihero instead and I think it would have been great.

That or they should have stuck with a money hungry Wesker rather than this comic book villain looking to be a god with his bioweapons.

MisterScott

Honestly I hated what they did with Wesker in Resident evil 5, he looked like an overpowered evil combination of Mr.Smith and the protagonist from the Matrix

Do you know what was even more lame (for me at least)? How they turned Jill into Sienna Miller as Baroness from GI Joe The Rise of Cobra.

Zacmac90

I never saw that movie so not familar with the character, but yea and Jill has been MIA ever since I think...

Wesker's Code Veronica/Resident Evil 4 versions were his best, if they had kept him as a behind the scenes influence that might appear on rare occassion to either "aid"/confront one of the main characters than I'd be all good

MisterScott

I never saw that movie so not familar with the character, but yea and Jill has been MIA ever since I think...

Wesker's Code Veronica/Resident Evil 4 versions were his best, if they had kept him as a behind the scenes influence that might appear on rare occassion to either "aid"/confront one of the main characters than I'd be all good

Who would’ve been better as the Main Villain?

Zacmac90

I would pick one of three well known characters:

Alexia: In my opinion, prob the only other character besides Chris that would give Wesker problems.

Nemesis: Probably the most famous B.O.W and 2nd favorite villian behind Wesker, he'd still have plenty of targets to hunt in Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca and Wesker (if he wasnt the villian) and with state of the art technology and military graded weaponry along with a Terminator mentality, he'd leave a trail of bodies behind no doubt.

Nicholai: Smart, devious, cunning, elusive, cold hearted and Russian. All the fine characteristics of a good villian. (Russian thing was a joke) lol

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Nemesis: Probably the most famous B.O.W and 2nd favorite villian behind Wesker, he'd still have plenty of targets to hunt in Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca and Wesker (if he wasnt the villian) and with state of the art technology and military graded weaponry along with a Terminator mentality, he'd leave a trail of bodies behind no doubt.
I don't think a main villain should be a B.O.W. since B.O.W.'s are usually programmed and don't really have their own consciousness.

While Alexia would fit the bill, her transformation eliminates her for me. I realize that she and Wesker were the only two B.O.W.'s to keep their consciousnesses after transformation but then what? After she's a dragonfly, what else is there? It's not like Alfred was still alive to handle things for her/make her transformed state less conspicuous.

As for Nicolai, I honestly don't see him as having big bad potential. He's a bad guy for sure but being the main series villain? I don't see it.

For me, I honestly think Oswell Spencer could've possibly been the main guy, in a behind the scenes capacity, of course. I think that would be the only way to do a main villain for Resident Evil because, as we've seen with all the others, once they come out from behind the curtain, it's usually accompanied by a transformation.

Zacmac90

I just see Nicholai as that villian you get close to killing or capturing but something happens and he manages to escape at the last second..Alexia and Nemesis would be good main Villians for maybe a game or two but once they transform, they lose control and just become mindless killers.

Cure Zombrex

I miss Wesker! He always made the games so interesting and you wanted to know what he would try next. Now, we have no long term villains. :sad:

Cure Zombrex

I also miss Nicholai. I'm not sure if Jill killed him or not. It's just that Capcom never revealed if he did fly off, or if he was killed by Jill or Nemesis.

Top Bottom