• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cosplay Controversy: GoFundMe for Breast Enlargement

Is it wrong for this Cosplayer to ask her fans help with this?

• Yes - She should not do it, or at least pay for it herself.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No - Willing fans, are willing fans, and if that's what they want, it's their call.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Other - Please explain!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
For those of you who follow Cosplay, Semi-Famous Professional cosplayer Karen Sakai has created a GoFundMe campaign for her fans to raise $4,300 for breast enlargement. She states that it is for her and her only, in that it will make her Cosplay Career easier, so that she will not have to Photoshop her photos, as well as use as many push-up bra techniques, and as a self esteem boost. This has created quite the stir in the Cosplay community, seeing as people are split between understanding of the want (Considering most fictional female characters DO in fact have larger breasts), and those who think that asking this of your fans is far too much (considering her slogan is "Be Yourself, Be Inspired"), and have stopped following her on social media sites. What do you guys think? As a professional Cosplayer is this ok for her to be asking of her fans?

As for me, while I'm not an overly huge fan of her work, I don't have a problem with this...Am I going to donate. No. Not at all. I don't think it's worth the time/money to do so. However, if she wants to do this for HER and HER alone, then I don't get why everyone is complaining.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I agree with Jackal. While I don't agree at all with breast implants, Anybody can ask for money, and if people want to fund her project, that is their money and they should be able to spend it on what they want to.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
And I agree with guys above. Every man have a right to decide what to do with his money, if someone have a wish to support breast enlargement- none of my business. She have the same right to ask about donation, as I have right to refuse my help, it's simply :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It's up to her at the end of the day.
Just as long as she goes to somewhere professional to do it so there's no problems later

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Well, after all, it's only one sad thing about it- in modern "cosplay art"it seems that the breast is most important! Those girls don't think about making an costume of character with smaller breast? Quoting Luis Sera from RE4: "Well, I see that the President has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!" ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, after all, it's only one sad thing about it- in modern "cosplay art"it seems that the breast is most important! Those girls don't think about making an costume of character with smaller breast? Quoting Luis Sera from RE4: "Well, I see that the President has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!" ;)
To be fair, most anime females have exaggerated breasts...So that's part of making the cosplay true to the character...

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
I think asking fans for money so she can get bigger knockers is just mind blowing, and the fact that people are actually going for it blows my mind even more.
I used to cosplay (before I had my son) and I never once wanted to ask fans or fellow cosplayers for money for anything...
If you have a slogan "Be Yourself, Be Inspired" then you should be the last person to ask for bigger knockers. Imo.
But as stated above, anyone can ask for money for whatever...doeant make it right, or mean people have to donate.

Top Bottom