• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Code Veronica in Darkside Chronicles.

Levan

Polkka. lol
I hated it. Really.

RE:CV(or CVX) had been my favorite RE game of all time due to the fantastic storyline. But really, what happened to Darkside Chronicles? The developers strayed a little bit too far from the original storyline.

Alexia killing Alfred? Wesker only appearing for like a few seconds, cutting off the battle scene between him and Chris, or him, Chris and Alexia? Alexia suddenly going damsel-like instead of the really ominous queen type?

What. The. Heck. -_-

Sigh. Probably the only good things I can see about the game in terms of Code Veronica were all about Steve's remarkable personality change and the appealing graphics. :(

Kagara

I really hated the fact that they cut out the
Wesker and Alexia fight (which would have looked amazing with the updated graphics), and the fact that Alexia killed Alfred, which ruined that strange relationship they were supposed to have.

C/C Redfield

I didn't hate it, but it did stray a little too far from the original storyline...

Though I think what really annoyed me more was Alexia's voice!...
AHHH! it was irritating! But I like Steve more in Darkside;)... I found him more likeable:D

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Levan;60811 said:
Alexia killing Alfred? Wesker only appearing for like a few seconds, cutting off the battle scene between him and Chris, or him, Chris and Alexia? Alexia suddenly going damsel-like instead of the really ominous queen type?

What. The. Heck. -_-

Well that really does blow then. I definitely enjoyed Code Veronica for the same reasons as you too. I wish they would do a Remake of it since it is a game with a really great storyline out of them all. It would look amazing with better graphics and the voice acting definitely needs to be touched up.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
C/C Redfield;61385 said:
^^ Awww poor Steve!...

Claire was alot less emotional over his death in Darkside imo;)

Agreed, but oddly enough it was complimented by a more emotional reunion with Chris, I always though they were a little too casual in the original CVX, after all that time looking for eachother, so that is one improvement in DC.:)

It was a shame we didn't get to see the rivalry a little more between Chris and Wesker, since that would be all what "Darkside" is about...but then again I wouldn't want to listen to DC Douglas butcher more of Waugh's Wesker lines.:(

res-master!

yea darkside blew the balls off poor code veronica. it was murdered. i could go crazy just thinkin about it! the same with re3 in umbrella chronicles.

C. Redfield

I didn't like the voice acting of the Veronica Twins, especially Alexia's. She sounded like a little girl on cocain :(

icydeath7

The god of walls
Levan;60811 said:
I hated it. Really.

RE:CV(or CVX) had been my favorite RE game of all time due to the fantastic storyline. But really, what happened to Darkside Chronicles? The developers strayed a little bit too far from the original storyline.

What. The. Heck. -_-

Sigh. Probably the only good things I can see about the game in terms of Code Veronica were all about Steve's remarkable personality change and the appealing graphics. :(

darkside chronicles is great the only thing i didnt like was the fact alexia was the queen of the bitches

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
res-master!;84421 said:
yea darkside blew the balls off poor code veronica. it was murdered. i could go crazy just thinkin about it! the same with re3 in umbrella chronicles.

CVX wasn't too bad in Darkside, definately better than the UC version of RE3. That of course was because RE3 can't be split into 3 little chapters...no way, no how.:)

The CVX thing was a bit different, because it was all from Leon's point of view, which was from Claire's...the entire game was basically dark thoughts from Leon...

RE2 & Operation Javier were his point of view, and CVX was surely what he heard from Claire, which is why when she & Steve get captured by Alexia, the next thing we see is when she awakens to Chris...rather than searching Rockfort as Chris, and encountering Al, going to Antartica, etc.

Albert_Wesker

Premium
Compared to the rest of Darkside Chronicles, the CVX part was pretty weak. I still enjoyed it though, I thought UC and DC were nice additions.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Albert_Wesker;87233 said:
Compared to the rest of Darkside Chronicles, the CVX part was pretty weak. I still enjoyed it though, I thought UC and DC were nice additions.

Really think so? I mean the music and environments made it something special. Obviously Alexia's voice was the most horrid thing eva'.:)

The Chronicles series is just that, nice additions. Hopefully we get some better stuff on Wii though, RE4 Wii Edition was nice, perhaps playing like we did on there, but a new title.

Albert_Wesker

Premium
Spike991;87532 said:
Really think so? I mean the music and environments made it something special. Obviously Alexia's voice was the most horrid thing eva'.:)

The Chronicles series is just that, nice additions. Hopefully we get some better stuff on Wii though, RE4 Wii Edition was nice, perhaps playing like we did on there, but a new title.

Yeah I'd like to see a full RE game on the Wii, not just a rail shooter. RE4 Wii Edition was good, and I'm sure they've since improved on the Wii's technology since then. They really have no reason not to.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Albert_Wesker;87594 said:
Yeah I'd like to see a full RE game on the Wii, not just a rail shooter. RE4 Wii Edition was good, and I'm sure they've since improved on the Wii's technology since then. They really have no reason not to.

While I do find the Gamecube controller to be the most comfortable way to play RE games, using the Wiimote/nunchuk combo in RE4 worked really well, once you got used to it.

Someone had mentioned before, asking me if I thought Revelations would be ported onto any other systems, perhaps consoles, and if it were, I think Wii would be a good guess.:)

But yeah, if they did make another game we could play like RE4 Wii edition, that would be cool.

Perhaps a Survivor remake, that would be cool.

Albert_Wesker

Premium
Spike991;87614 said:
While I do find the Gamecube controller to be the most comfortable way to play RE games, using the Wiimote/nunchuk combo in RE4 worked really well, once you got used to it.

Someone had mentioned before, asking me if I thought Revelations would be ported onto any other systems, perhaps consoles, and if it were, I think Wii would be a good guess.:)

But yeah, if they did make another game we could play like RE4 Wii edition, that would be cool.

Perhaps a Survivor remake, that would be cool.

Yeah, a Survivor remake on the Wii could work nicely.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I've never played Resident Evil Code: Veronica nor I played Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, but I do know the storyline. But please remember that Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles has 3 different games in it. Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Resident Evil: Operation Javier. To put more effort in all of them would make the game too long. That and, like Spike991 said, it's from Leon's view. Even if he knew that Chris fought with Wesker and blablabla, he wouldn't tell everything to Krauser. Because they were on a mission, not in a 'tell-a-story-club'.

Ow and Resident Evil Code: Veronica started in the middle of Resident Evil: Operation Javier. If they remade litterally everything, then the story of Resident Evil: Operation Javier would half been forgotten.

Know what I mean -^.^-?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Frankly i thought they did it well...i mean it really just had to explain the cannon events of RE: CVX...and that it did really well...plust i find Steve a LOT cooler in DC...and idk why everyone hates Alexia killing Alfred...i like that additon...for one i hated Alfred, and for another it just shows how cold and calculating Alexia is...idk but it was good for me...

Top Bottom