• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Bugs, crashes and other problems

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I thought this thread is still missing on the forum, here you can discuss all kinds of technical problems with RE6.

I'll start right away with a problem a friend of mine has with RE6 on the PS3. He started Leon's campaign and everything was fine until he reached the fifth chapter. Then he received an error message saying: "The game data is defective. Please quit the game and delete all Resident Evil 6 game data". (This may not be the exact wording, I just translated it.)

He had to restart the whole game from the beginning. Today he tried again, but the error still occurred in the fifth chapter. His friend had the same problem with Jake's fifth chapter, but apparently it never happened again after that.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and knows how to fix it? Or do you think his copy is just broken? (Although that wouldn't explain why it happened to his friend too, but only once.)

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I've had glitchy deaths
Errors
At one point playing Campaign solo without noticing it
Hell even had the damn Fat virus gas realesing zombie appear under water....

Queen Riful

Me and my boyfriend (he's using a different xbox, no splitscreen!) thought Chris' campaign was cursed. 3 times we got disconnected from each other and were stuck in the campaign with an A.I
so I would rejoin him or the other way around but ofcourse one of us wouldn't get the achievement for completing the chapter and we had to restart. Highly annoying since it kept happening. This is going to suck if we play it on professional and are near the end of the chapter only to lag out and having to restart whole thing.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
the camera is screwed when your running the stairs on chris chapter 5 campaign .so I always miss the buttons !!! been trying sinse tues morning !!!

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
The only thing that happened to me is that the game froze once during Ada's campaign, right at a boss fight too -____- But other than that, I've had no problems.

And yeah, I definitely sympathize with everyone stuck on the Chris running segment, that was a pain in the ass. Every time I wanted to dash under something I would crawl, and then just get obliterated by that bow. Only advice I have is to be as steady as you can with the camera turning, and be fast as hell when sliding under anything.

BranBran

My partner and I only died twice at that part, but we have not played on pro yet, so that may change?

Darkness

Infected
There was what i guess you could call a "glitch," in Leon's campaign during the out door market fight with the regenerators. I was in front of the door with electricity surging in front of it, when i got an 'A' button prompt to observe it. I clicked 'A' and Leon said something like "I better shut the power off first." The problem was that while he was saying this, I couldn't do anything, and the regenerators grabbed me and dragged me to the ground. Once i kicked them off, I was laying on the ground right on top of the electricity, and it shocked me. By the time i was done being shocked, one of the regenerators kicked me, when i got his foot off, it immediately shocked me again. These two steps repeated over and over again until i died. It wasn't even a matter of struggling fast enough, i did everything perfectly, there was just no way to get out of that loop.

zydrate101

in that part where sherry is hanging from a rope the person playing jake didnt jump and stood there and the rope kept going down and into nothing and went through the ground it was ****ed lol

zydrate101

I thought this thread is still missing on the forum, here you can discuss all kinds of technical problems with RE6.

I'll start right away with a problem a friend of mine has with RE6 on the PS3. He started Leon's campaign and everything was fine until he reached the fifth chapter. Then he received an error message saying: "The game data is defective. Please quit the game and delete all Resident Evil 6 game data". (This may not be the exact wording, I just translated it.)

He had to restart the whole game from the beginning. Today he tried again, but the error still occurred in the fifth chapter. His friend had the same problem with Jake's fifth chapter, but apparently it never happened again after that.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and knows how to fix it? Or do you think his copy is just broken? (Although that wouldn't explain why it happened to his friend too, but only once.)
chris and piers haha hot lol

ResidentE

Hey, good, you made this thread. I was already busy making the same one when I realised I should see if someone didn't make one already. The point of this thread I believe should be so that capcom will read this and update the game. So this thread should become an official one. The bugs mentioned here should be tested and shouldnt be one time occuring. But that's only if the point is this to get them out of the game.

Now I found some bugs as well.
>according to the quick shot discription, it should target the enemy closest by. But it does not always work. Often, a random enemy gets hit, while the one close by gets away. This is really annoying in mercenaries, when you want to kill that darn dog but he keeps quick shooting some random dude while the dog jumps at you.
>Multiple stairs bugs.
-camera acts weird when you run up and downstairs
-when trying to melee kill enemies, laying on the stairs, you often miss. You simply kick next to him. Wasting valuable seconds in mercenaries, and enemies will simply stand up and attack again
-Running up and downstairs often results in reduced movementspeed
>The charged version of Jake's hand to hand combat is rather buggy. A couple of times I charged the attack but there were no targets so I couldn't move the camera to target enemies. However, it appeared there were lots of them near me. It simply froze.
Also, when you use the charged attack on someone, doing melee again, always results into a hit, meant for a standing enemy. Even when no one is around, he will still try to hit someone standing. The third one can hit enemies on the ground. So I think the second one should turn into the one hitting someone on the ground, if no one is around.

And well, not a bug (at all) but something I really miss: the SS rate. Now mercenaries is too easy. You barely have to do anything and you get the S rating. It would be nice to see the SS again.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Emm... actually you need more points to get an S in RE6 and there were needed for an SS in RE5

ResidentE

That so? Because I wanted to get an A with helena to get her costume... and I really hated her. Yet I managed to get an S and it felt like I didn't have to do much for it. I had a 60 combo and killed about 70 dudes. It was far too easy for my taste.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
That so? Because I wanted to get an A with helena to get her costume... and I really hated her. Yet I managed to get an S and it felt like I didn't have to do much for it. I had a 60 combo and killed about 70 dudes. It was far too easy for my taste.
Weird, cuz 60-70 combo is like a B rank. You sure you didnt get the count wrong?

Ada

Tʜᴇ Aɢᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Dᴇᴀᴛʜ
Premium
Yes, solo has a lower amount of minimum points needed to get the S rank. When playing as a duo the points are almost doubled.

ResidentE

Yes, I know the differences between single and multiplayer from merc5. Still... it all felt too easy. But maybe I was just having a lucky run.

DarkZhooter

바보
Leon chapter 5.It crashes and it says something like:"Your RESIDENT EVIL 6 game data has crashed".The only thing you could do it delete the game data.IT'S NOT YOUR SAVE DATA so it's safe to delete it.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yes, I know the differences between single and multiplayer from merc5. Still... it all felt too easy. But maybe I was just having a lucky run.
Its all about high scores just an S' isnt that good, same as RE5 an SS wasn;'t very good, unless you could do it with a 150 combo and get a massive score by using other tactics, the S is just a pass, the high score is the real challenge!

Top Bottom