• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bring back Jake Muller

Where would you like to bring back Jake in?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Resident Evil Revelation 3

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Ronin

It’d be nice if Jake came back.

How about if he encounters a “ghost” of his father?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'd enjoy it if Jake came back but no ghosts, please. Plus I'm not entirely sure where he'd fit into the series with direction they took RE7 in.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
They missed a good chance at bringing him back with Revelations 2 which was centered around the Wesker Children and his father and the power they possess (or in Alex's case wished to possess), there was a great opportunity to have his storyline connect with Alex since she is "technically" his Aunt through the Wesker Children project and could have given him intimate knowledge of his father as well as possibly tried to bring Jake on her side.

Ronin

They missed a good chance at bringing him back with Revelations 2 which was centered around the Wesker Children and his father and the power they possess (or in Alex's case wished to possess), there was a great opportunity to have his storyline connect with Alex since she is "technically" his Aunt through the Wesker Children project and could have given him intimate knowledge of his father as well as possibly tried to bring Jake on her side.

It'd be nice for Jake to return in a Revelations 3.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'd enjoy it if Jake came back but no ghosts, please. Plus I'm not entirely sure where he'd fit into the series with direction they took RE7 in.

After seeing footage of Hill Billy Joe ripping through molded with his bare hands, I’d say Jake fits right in.

Between Chris and Alex, there is plenty of character and story development with him for a future title.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
But Wesker holds a legacy in that series, and Jake will be going through that. But not as a villain.
While I did quite like Jake in 6, I feel he's just there so that fans have a link to Wesker in the series, however tenuous it may be. They've addressed the fact that he's Wesker's son, how he struggled with that and how and he's nothing like his father, so I don't quite know how else Wesker's legacy could affect him differently to what we already saw in RE6.

I genuinely thought they'd carry his story on somehow after that secret cutscene but... I feel like they've kind of ditched that idea, or they just intended to show Jake's character transformation from the beginning of RE6 to that cutscene and didn't realise that people would take that as being a hint of another story with Jake. Part of me doubts we'll see him again, although I wouldn't mind too much if we did, but only if it was in a way that wasn't just for the sake of it or too unbelievable.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
While I did quite like Jake in 6, I feel he's just there so that fans have a link to Wesker in the series, however tenuous it may be. They've addressed the fact that he's Wesker's son, how he struggled with that and how and he's nothing like his father, so I don't quite know how else Wesker's legacy could affect him differently to what we already saw in RE6.

I genuinely thought they'd carry his story on somehow after that secret cutscene but... I feel like they've kind of ditched that idea, or they just intended to show Jake's character transformation from the beginning of RE6 to that cutscene and didn't realise that people would take that as being a hint of another story with Jake. Part of me doubts we'll see him again, although I wouldn't mind too much if we did, but only if it was in a way that wasn't just for the sake of it or too unbelievable.
I honestly thought they were going to bring him back too. I was a bit upset when I found out Resident Evil 7 went in a completely different direction; I was looking forward to seeing Sherry and Jake team up again to fight bioweapons. I could definitely see Jake joining "the fight", if only to prove to everyone he's not like his dad.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I honestly thought they were going to bring him back too. I was a bit upset when I found out Resident Evil 7 went in a completely different direction; I was looking forward to seeing Sherry and Jake team up again to fight bioweapons. I could definitely see Jake joining "the fight", if only to prove to everyone he's not like his dad.
Agreed. It would be nice to have the angle of him not being tied by the regulations of working for an organisation like the BSAA too. Anything would go for him and he could act however he wanted.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Agreed. It would be nice to have the angle of him not being tied by the regulations of working for an organisation like the BSAA too. Anything would go for him and he could act however he wanted.
Exactly! It would be interesting to see the decisions he'd make as opposed to characters such as Leon, Chris and even Sherry, who all work for agencies that I'm sure have guidelines and rules that need to be followed whereas I see Jake being more freelance and able to choose jobs/missions and his own courses of action.

Reactions: Jen

Ronin

I wish Jake teamed up with Chris & Jill. He needs to know how they knew his father back then.

There must be other Wesker children out there somewhere. Jake's the only Wesker left.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
There must be other Wesker children out there somewhere. Jake's the only Wesker left.

If you mean Albert Wesker's biological children it is possible but highly unlikely, in fact I'm surprised he had Jake to be honest since he seems like someone who would not be all the interested in woman, not that he is gay but he seems like a VERY driven guy who focuses only in the endgame, one bastard kids is enough if you ask me lol.

But if your talking abut wesker children from the Project W programe there are no more, only Alex and Albert where left which is confirmed in RE5 lost in Nightmares since all the others are listed as dead, with both Albert and Alex now gone there are none of the original Wessker Children from Project W left but I guess technically you can consider Alex "alive" since her mind successfully took of Natalia in Revelations 2.

Ronin

If you mean Albert Wesker's biological children it is possible but highly unlikely, in fact I'm surprised he had Jake to be honest since he seems like someone who would not be all the interested in woman, not that he is gay but he seems like a VERY driven guy who focuses only in the endgame, one bastard kids is enough if you ask me lol.

But if your talking abut wesker children from the Project W programe there are no more, only Alex and Albert where left which is confirmed in RE5 lost in Nightmares since all the others are listed as dead, with both Albert and Alex now gone there are none of the original Wessker Children from Project W left but I guess technically you can consider Alex "alive" since her mind successfully took of Natalia in Revelations 2.

It can be a perfect opportunity for Jake to make a reappearance as one of the next protagonists in Revelations. He could save her somehow.

And wonder if Jake can do something about changing his family's dark legacy into something as a symbol of hope for all ending bioterrorism? Ending the curse his father and all children of rot on the world.

Ronin

Added poll. Anyone have thoughts where to put him in for the future? I'd like to see him gain some of his dad's powers.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'd like Resident Evil 8 to open with a flashback of his funeral and that it turns out he didn't survive the fight at the end of RE6.

Top Bottom