• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

*Beware Spoilers* In Your Opinion, the Best Voice Acted Scenes in the Series.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Let's be honest, this series isn't exactly known for great voice acting. However, in spite of this, IMO, there have been many cut scenes in this series that has had great and convincing voice acting. For me they are, in no particular order,
1. Re6- Helena pleading for her sister's life (flashback starts at 0:50).
I'm not going to lie, at first I thought people overrated this scene, but then I watched it and realized, everything about the scene is great from Helena's facial expressions to the tears. Obviously her voice acting was the best part. I could instantly feel the desperation of wanting to keep her sister safe when begging to switch places with her as well as the fear of not knowing what would happen to her.

2. Re6- Chris pleading with Piers to escape with him.
Chris' VA in this scene was just phenomenal. From the desperate shouting to that final quiet no he gives when he realizes that Piers is not leaving with him, you just felt bad for him, Piers, and felt bad about the whole situation period. Like Helena's cutscene, the motion capture and expressions were on point (Chris pounding on the glass, the looks he and Piers give each other). In fact RE6 did great in this department as a whole.

Re:CV- Chris finds Claire crying after Steve's death (watch 3:04-4:09 of this video).
While I wasn't all that impressed with the voice acting in the actual Steve death scene, In this particular scene, Claire's V.A performed very well. From the crying and the sadness you know she's feeling thanks to the sound of her voice, to be able to know she is sad is impressive especially since you can't even see Claire's face in this scene, thus having no facial expressions to go off on.

Re: Zero- Rebecca sees Billy in the water (starts at 0:19).
While Rebecca doesn't say anything outside of Billy 's name, the few times she does is full of emotion, from showing fear for his life to being filled with desperation to get him to respond to her. Even the little gasp she does when she first sees him is great. Also I thought her stretching her hand out and holding on to the railing as if she really wanted to jump over was a nice touch to the scene.

Re5- Sheva decides to stay by Chris' side (start at 7:55).
I thought the various emotions Sheva expresses in this scene was excellent. I liked how one minute, she was showing concern and was scared for Josh, next, she's not so sure about continuing the mission, and then finally deciding to show her strength and loyalty by standing by Chris. Her V.A made the transition between all of these believable and made Sheva believable and human in that scene.

I have more, but I'll wait and see what you all post, because it could be the one's I had in mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom