• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best movie trilogy of all time?

What is the best movie trilogy of all time?

• The Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spider-Man

• The Dark Knight

• The Godfather

• Men in Black

• Total voters

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I left out films such as Indiana Jones, Die Hard, Bourne, Alien, etc. since they're no longer trilogies, also omitted Avengers because it's getting a fourth film.

Anyways, of the choices given, I'd have to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy, all 3 movies were absolutely mind-blowing. It's also one of the few trilogies that gets better, and not worse with each installment. It pains me to say the Matrix trilogy doesn't pass the muster test (speaking strictly for myself) despite the original being my favorite movie with the sh!tty third film and the disappointing second movie.

It was a tough call between LotR and the original Star Wars trilogy, I ultimately went with LotR just because of the quality of the third film in each series. While Return of the King eclipses the other 2 films, Return of the Jedi was a step back from the first 2 original Star Wars movies in terms of quality, so I voted Lord of the Rings just based on consistency.

Ethan Winters

Ito Junji Addict, Lupin Enthusiast
I would say The Godfather, but we all know what the third one was like.

If I had to pick based on this list, i'd have to agree with you on LotR.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'd say Back To The Future. On top of being some of my favourite movies of all time since I was a little kid, the story in each are so interconnected and close to one another it feels like just one big movie. There's no time skip of any sort, the next one picks up right where the last one left off.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Personally, I thought Return of the Jedi was the best in the original Star Wars trilogy. But as far as trilogies go, I've always found Star Wars to be massively overrated. I love Star Wars, but the writing across all trilogies is so poor.

Anyway, I'd like to give mention to The Dark Knight trilogy for each film being so amazingly written, acted, and directed, but the Batman fan in me still hasn't forgiven The Dark Knight Rises.

I think Back to the Future is a great trilogy comprised of closely interconnected and memorable films, but after the first one, things get off the rails a bit much for my liking and the movies themselves have never quite lived up to the original.

I also want to throw The Dollars trilogy out there since I feel no one will mention it. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is usually viewed as the pinnacle of this trilogy, but personally, I enjoyed For a Few Dollars More a bit more. Each film is fantastic though and I can't really find a reason to not say it's one of if not the best trilogy of all time. However, they might be a bit dated and slow moving for modern viewers or even for subsequent viewings, so I'll ignore it for now.

With that said, there are 2 trilogies I'm torn on, and that's the recent Planet of the Apes reboot and Toy Story. Honestly, I see no fault in any of the films in each trilogy, and it's hard to pinpoint which movie was the high or low point in their respective trilogy because each film is so good and could be understandably reasoned as anyone's favorite without judgment. They're all highly entertaining, top of their class, well crafted, rewatchable films and I wouldn't be against either one being named the best movie trilogy of all time.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Rush Hour!

I'd say the third one nullifies it from contention. And the first 2 are hardly all-time great, as funny as they were. That scene with Lee and Carter running around Hong Kong ass naked, man. :lol:

mjk321

I'd say the third one nullifies it from contention. And the first 2 are hardly all-time great, as funny as they were. That scene with Lee and Carter running around Hong Kong ass naked, man. :lol:
meh. I liked it more than the choices given.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I picked "Other" because I don't like half of the listed trilogies and haven't even seen the others, but I can't really think of any movie trilogies that I love. Does Hunger Games count? I mean, yes, it's four movies, but based on three books... (And the third movie is pretty skippable anyway.)

I also like Maze Runner, which actually is a trilogy both in book and movie form, but... the movies aren't really that great.

Top Bottom