• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Anyone think Jill should've been Chris's partner instead?

Zacmac90

Although she is a good and reliable {sometimes} ally, I don't really understand her role when it comes to Wesker since no history has ever been revealed between her and her group with Wesker, I personally think Jill should've helped fight Wesker since she has fought him in the past...anyone agree?

bruno

Chief Researcher
With a sufficient amount of antibodies extracted from Jill, Wesker saw no need for her until the discovery of the ancillary chemical "P30", derived from the Progenitor virus. The chemical grants the subject superhuman strength and makes them highly susceptible to control. However, the body metabolises the chemical far too fast to be of any use. To this end, Jill was implanted with a mechanical device in her chest that would continuously inject her with the chemical. Now under Wesker's servitude, Jill was used as a servant to Excella Gionne and Wesker himself, being ordered to protect Ricardo Irving and stop Chris and Sheva Alomar following a B.S.A.A. investigation.

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Jill-Valentine

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ok so that was Jills purpose yes, but i get what he says...i mean in my opion Sheva was a lame character who didnt have enough development and was thrown in to calm the racism claims...i wouldve perfered Jill as a partner, and if not her then Claire of Barry, though if it had been Barry they wouldve broke tradition...i like the original idea of Sheva being in the game but being a non-playable character...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Originally, the game wasn't supposed to be played in co-op, so the only playable character was Chris. I agree Sheva doesn't do much in this game, she should have been introduced in a different way.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't mind her really, namely because I enjoy the co-op aspect of the game. I just think that the developers weren't all that clever in how they utilized her. I've said this several times before, but if I had my way I would have kept the whole 'Jill is Wesker's bitch' shtick, and then after Chris and Sheva take that thing off her chest it would have been better to have Chris and Jill go off together for the rest of the game and defeat Wesker together, while Sheva teams up with Josh for Desperate Escape. Sheva defeating Wesker is kind of meaningless considering she has no history with him, while Jill goes back right to the first game. There's really no reason why it couldn't have been that way - I imagine the creative team had a bit of a brain fart.

sadistic_greyfox

First time I played it was co-op so I never had the A.I. issues, while I would have enjoyed playing as Jill I think Sheva was a good addition to the cast. I like her alot tbh.

hellgirl223

Honestly, I don't know wether to say yes or no. I mean, I have nothing against sheva (in fact I quite like her), but if say Jill were to be chris' partner, I wouldn't mind either. IMO, anyway.

Top Bottom