• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anti-Umbrella Movement?

Levan

Polkka. lol
What's this? I was searching around in the Wiki and found this.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-Umbrella_Movement

I don't really remember anything about this Anti-Umbrella Movement, and if it did exist, I'm pretty sure they didn't create it intentionally.

If you check some of those members (especially the deceased and those unknown ones), it shows some info about Rebbecca after what surviving the mansion incident, and also talking about going to Caliban Cove.

So I wanna know... Is it canon, and what game was it ever mentioned? I do know I can't trust that Wiki, lol, but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
it sounds like something made up by resi evil wiki. I mean it is logical that there would be these anti umbrella groups, but is there any mention in the games directly or even in the files you find?

Levan

Polkka. lol
aintnoscrub;52988 said:
it sounds like something made up by resi evil wiki. I mean it is logical that there would be these anti umbrella groups, but is there any mention in the games directly or even in the files you find?

Yeah, that's why I was wondering about it... I've never before heard or read anything inside a game I played about this movement, which was started by Barry by the way. And the "Caliban Cove" thing and Rebecca being included in that scenario gives me a lot of suspicions.

And like I said, even if there was a group like this, I'm pretty sure they didn't create it intentionally, but instead, they're just a group of people who had the same dislikes on Umbrella. Plus the fact that Rodrigo and Steve are actually supporters of the group, even though clearly:

1. Rodrigo works for Umbrella, and even though he doesn't mean to be working for the bad guys, he's not really hating Umbrella is he? And he only meets Chris one time, which is actually his untimely death.

2. Steve isn't at all related to Umbrella except the fact that his father was an employee, and was just imprisoned in Rockfort but isn't necessarily a hater. I wouldn't even doubt if Steve would be more furious on his dad than the company. And no matter; he never meets Chris, does he?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
It said on the wiki page that after the fall of Umbrella they disbanded...

that's if they ever existed in the first place lol

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Found out that they ARE canon

Watch the short film "Wesker's Report" (I made a thread about it), which mentions it briefly

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;52988 said:
You have no trust in them? An article being inaccurate is one thing, making up a false article is different. It's a wiki and anyone can write what they want there, but blatant lies should normally be corrected by other users.

I wonder what 013 would say to this. If she never heard of this then I can believe the article is hogwash. La Femme and other experts here could also solve it I guess.

Question: What is "canon"? I have forgot the meaning.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Maybe it's from Gaiden or the novels, and so, not canon. Even if it was mentioned in Wesker's Report I, it isn't considered canon.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think I saw something about that anti-umbrella movement in some files in RE 2 and 3, so i don't know if it should be considered. Actually, we can't be sure if Barry or Rebecca survived the mansion incident (RE 2 and 3 consider they survived).

While I do remember mentions of such things in the games, I don't think it was ever elaberated too much.

After reading the article It seems alot of this is jumped to conclusion and added false information. For example it said that some of the members were Trent, Andrews, Karen, Lopez all of whom are characters from only the book: Caliban Cove. which is non-canon. And using the term, "Umbrella haters" is a rather unprofessional term to use if the person who wrote that article is trying to be convincing.

(I have not played some of the side games like Dead Aim and Survivor in a very long time, so I might have left something out or got something wrong.)

The Anti-Umbrella thing exsist in the game, but it's not mentioned enough to be of high importance to the story especially considering the fact that Umbrella is gone now. But As far as I can remember the Anti-Umbrella thing seems like something mainly from the novels.

^Yes, as far as I know the novels are not canon. I remember when I read a wiki article on Leon a long time ago, they seemed to have mixed in his real storyline with the one in the book as well, so they might have done it with others characters too.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Levan;52996 said:
And like I said, even if there was a group like this, I'm pretty sure they didn't create it intentionally, but instead, they're just a group of people who had the same dislikes on Umbrella.
Sounds very probable.

013;56006 said:
While I do remember mentions of such things in the games, I don't think it was ever elaberated too much.

After reading the article It seems alot of this is jumped to conclusion and added false information. For example it said that some of the members were Trent, Andrews, Karen, Lopez all of whom are characters from only the book: Caliban Cove. which is non-canon. And using the term, "Umbrella haters" is a rather unprofessional term to use if the person who wrote that article is trying to be convincing.

(I have not played some of the side games like Dead Aim and Survivor in a very long time, so I might have left something out or got something wrong.)

The Anti-Umbrella thing exsist in the game, but it's not mentioned enough to be of high importance to the story especially considering the fact that Umbrella is gone now. But As far as I can remember the Anti-Umbrella thing seems like something mainly from the novels.
I knew you would have something sensible to say. :D

013;56033 said:
Levan;56012 said:
Oh, so Caliban Cove is a non-canon novel. That cleared me up. :)

^Yes, as far as I know the novels are not canon. I remember when I read a wiki article on Leon a long time ago, they seemed to have mixed in his real storyline with the one in the book as well, so they might have done it with others characters too.
Why not edit errors out of the articles. A wiki should not mislead people. I do edit wikis myself sometimes, but I feel I know too little about this topic.

^Oh wiki misleads all the time my friend. That's why I don't get my info from them.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I think we should just all write a big letter to Shinji Mikami asking him to clear this up for us, LOL

mastermind

well actually i think that resident evil dead aim is a game all about one of the groups agents that boards one of the luxury cruiser yachts and eventually leads to an umbrella ("fortess") facility

bruno

Chief Researcher
Bruce was a government agent that was sent after Morpheus, who stole samples of the TG virus was suspected to have hijacked one of Umbrella's cruise ships. He didn't belong to that Anti Umbrella Movement.

Top Bottom