• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ada Redesign Leak

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
ysf8tzs2ktj11.jpg

Apparently, this is new Ada Wong? What do you think...I'm truly disappointed she doesn't look Asian at all!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well she does have sunglasses on so...

I like the mysterious look they’ve given Ada, even more than Claire’s new look (sure the detail in the leather jacket is cool but there’s something I love about her 90s look more). I’m sure Ada has a red dress on under the trench.

Don't expect them to look similar.. geez why do people still get confused and surprised. Anyway I think it's a neat style, wish she was wearing more red.. Other than that Hair look very Ada like! So overall.. not bad

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Yeah, I don't like the way they did her hair! and I remember when they said "We want it to look more realistic" and then they give her like THE MOST Obvious spy outfit ever.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It looks like a decent representation of the original hair design. The glasses block much of her face so you can't say she doesn't look Asian, accurately anyway. At least until she takes the glasses off. As for the jacket, maybe she is cold? I highly doubt she will be wearing the jacket for the length of the game and I second the theory that she is probably wearing her trademark red dress under the jacket.

All speculation aside, I feel like it's too early to get upset at a screenshot with little to no context. I seem to recall people getting all upset about one of the early shots of Claire when she looks perfectly fine to me in all the current photos and footage.

No need to get all worked up yet.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
As bSTAR said she does wear sunglasses so she may look Asian without them. But as a character this new Ada looks like eye candy on that image. ;)

WeskerLives2015

I like the new look for Ada. I feel like it fits the environment better than the red dress. Even though I still like the red dress, considering it's her iconic look.

Ark2000

I never had problems with her original outfit, and i also don't mind this new one. And like others have said, maybe she has RE 2 outfit under that, and maybe at some point she'll take it off and spend rest of the game in original outfit.

That being said, if RE 3 remake ever happens, i hope they won't change Jill's outfit because i think that one is more iconic one. But then again, if they wanted to go more realistic with Claire's and Ada's new outfits, they would probably do the same for Jill's, although i do remember how in novelization of RE 3 there is actually explanation for why she wears those clothes in the outbreak, something about helping her to move faster i think it was...?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I never took that explanation seriously because it was obviously just something the author of the novels pulled out of her behind to justify Jill's look. Capcom didn't make it easy for her with that outfit, but props to her for even trying. Her explanation as to why Claire was riding her motorbike with no protective gear whatsoever was slightly more believable: She left her home in a hurry because she was so worried about Chris never calling her back anymore, even monologuing about how Chris was probably going to scold her for being so carless.

Anyway, Ada's original outfit never seemed out of place to me considering her intentions. Yes, she did expose a lot of skin to potential zombie bites with that sleeveless dress, but the dress itself seemed rather stretchy and comfortable, she was wearing leggins underneath, and flat shoes. This new design covers more, but she's also wearing high heels again, not to mention looking like a total spy with those impractical sunglasses at night (though knowing Ada, they might serve other purposes). I'd say her new outfit is just as realistic or unrealistic as the previous one, albeit for different reasons, but I like it except for the lack of red.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
something about helping her to move faster i think it was...?
Haha, I would be hiding in a corner every five-ten minutes to readjust my boobs, lol.

To be perfectly honest, and I've never been an Ada fan to begin with, but she looks rather ridiculous to me. Most obvious spy-look ever. I doubt she'll be wearing that the entire game, though so we should probably reserve judgement until we see more. I mean Claire looks pretty awesome from what I've seen so I don't think we should be so quick to assume they've dropped the ball on Ada from just one cap.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well... Ada's new design is now official, as seen in the story trailer posted by Turo here.

After watching her interactions with Leon, I feel the obvious spy look may be intentional. "This information is classified." Who talks like that? Maybe this time she's posing as a cop, a detective, or some kind of agent sent to investigate the outbreak. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Jen

Ark2000

Well, after watching the new trailer for RE 2 and seeing Ada in that new outfit, i still think it's alright, and that there is a chance that one way or another we'll see her in original outfit.

One more thing; Since it looks like there's gonna be lot of rain during the game, it makes sense why she's wearing something like that.

A tube top and mini skirt to help her move faster? Lolz. Zombies wouldn’t be the only thing popping out.

Haha, I would be hiding in a corner every five-ten minutes to readjust my boobs, lol.

You and bSTAR_182 are not the only ones who feel that way. That's one complain every girl i know who played the game had about it. Also, i heard that in one of the rejected scripts for first RE film there were several nude scenes with Jill, and it's possible that some involved an "wardrobe accident". Take this with grain of salt though, i didn't find anything official to confirm this.

But let's be honest here, between Jill's top, skirt and boots, and something like Ada's dresses and heels from RE 2 and 4, which one would you say is more appropriate for running from monsters in destroyed city or some backwoods country :lol:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Well... Ada's new design is now official, as seen in the story trailer posted by Turo here.

After watching her interactions with Leon, I feel the obvious spy look may be intentional. "This information is classified." Who talks like that? Maybe this time she's posing as a cop, a detective, or some kind of agent sent to investigate the outbreak. Only time will tell.
Hmm. I actually didn't think about it this way. Maybe they have changed some details in regards to Ada and her story. Only time will tell.

windleopard

A friend just sent me this, and it's the funniest thing I've seen all day.

The secret of Ada's outfit is finally revealed! :lol:

adamerchantsedc4.jpg

Not quite the context I expected Ada to say "Got something that might interest you" to Leon.:lol:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think it's pretty obvious that she's hiding her classic red dress beneath the coat, and it's going to be a surprise for the fans later in the game.

Ark2000

It's true, according to the latest released/leaked screenshots, just like many fans have thought, Ada does wear a red dress similar to the one from original game under the coat, and personally i think it looks pretty good. Although going from some other rumors i heard, she is also supposed to have something else that's hidden in that coat?

Top Bottom