• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

10 Resident Evil Characters that should return

Mark Mane McIntyre

Do not name people like leon, Chris, Jill, Ada, Claire etc. You have to name RE characters that have been in less than 3 RE games (that are canon) or CGI movie. And explain why you want them to come. I will explain later after a few good comments. Also in no order.

1. Ark Thompson
2. Fredrick Drowning
3. Ashley Graham
4. Fong Ling
5. Billy
6. Alex Wesker
7. Sherry
8. Moira
9. Jessica
10. Hunk

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Great thread idea! These aren't in any order, they're just as I think of them.

1) Josh Stone

I really liked Josh's character in RE5, especially when we saw a little more personality from him in Desperate Escape. We saw a little humour from him as well as a kind personality. I'd especially like to see a spin-off where he's paired with....

2) Sheva Alomar

This one is going to be unpopular, I can see it now. :p I think Sheva was a strong personality, she wasn't afraid to challenge Chris about Jill and she had a sense of duty and justice. Plus, she had a fair bit of depth for one game. We learned about her back story, her thirst for revenge and also saw a more caring side to her throughout the game. It would be cool to see these two characters in another RE game.

3) Moira Burton

Moira was a breath of fresh air for me in Revelations 2. She was ballsy, she reacted how a lot of people would react in the situation she was put in (I'd be swearing like a sailor in that situation), and I liked her sarcasm. Plus again, I liked her kinder side that she displayed to Natalia, and how she came to care about Evgeny.

4) Natalia/Alex Wesker

I've lumped these two together because I want to know how Alex's consciousness will affect Natalia. I would like to see the struggle of Natalia fighting to stay the sweet girl she is whilst Alex's evil is trying to break free.

5) Sherry Birkin

I'd really like to see Sherry interract again in some way with Claire, or more with Leon. It would highlight the friendship they all share. She's also got a naiveness about her and it would be interesting to see how that would change, yet she's also got a weariness about her abilities.

6) Jack Krauser

Krauser was the definition of ruthless, he saw his infection as a gift and I think it would be cool to see him in some capacity again. (I know he's dead and to resurrect him would be a bad move, but I just wouldn't mind seeing more of his character).

7) Manuela Hidalgo

This is going to be another unpopular one, I imagine. Manuela is infected and it would be cool to see if this would affect her later in her life in any way. Maybe people could be after her to study or use her abilities. I would want her to stay helpless though, and play as a different main character who'd maybe have to protect her. I couldn't imagine her being an agent or anything like that.

8) Svetlana Belikova

Purely because she's cool, she's great with hand-to-hand combat and I've always wondered what was up with that scar on her back.

9) Jessica Sherawat or Raymond Vester

Only one or the other of these two, purely to find out what the deal was with those two at the end of Revelations. I didn't really care that much about their characters though.

10) The Merchant

Just for a laugh. 'Not enough cash... stranger....'. 'Is that all, stranger? Heh heh heh heh... Thank you'.

The last couple were a bit of a stretch just to fill up my ten. I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with my choices. :p

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
1. Alex Wesker- this woman needs to return because she offers the series so much. In just one game she proved herself to be the most demented villain with a powerful presence. She was so well written and acted. Easily one of the best things Capcom has concocted in a long time. She put herself right up there with Albert Wesker as one of the most memorable villains and even surpassed him on the 'coo coo scales'.

2. Barry Burton- I don't count extra game mercenaries appearances. I want him to have an actual part in another major title's story.

3. Jake Muller- I'm still waiting for his next meet up with Chris. I want there to be some confrontation but then are forced to work together and form a mutual respect.

The next set of characters @Jen summed up perfectly

4. Moira Burton

5. Sherry Birkin

6. Josh Stone

7. Sheva Alomar

8. Rebecca Chambers- I know she's going to be featured in the next CGI movie but still thought I should mention her.

9. Jessica and or Raymond as also explained above.

10. Jack Krauser- I know bringing characters back from the dead seems like a cop out but I would be curious to see more from him and have even thought of a few different scenarios involving him.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Half of Jen's list, up to and including Sherry, and Svetlana too... And there she thought no one would agree with her! The likes tell a different story. :p

For the other four, in no particular order: Rebecca, Piers, Jake and Helena. Not all of RE6's new characters are equally loved by fans, but I think there's more to their characters than what we've seen, and Piers at least became popular enough to appear in two canon stories released after RE6 (I just don't count them because they're neither games nor CGI films). So why not?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I agree with that, it would be cool to see how he would have escaped the underwater facility and emerges as a villain, starting up his own organization or something like that.

Or simply meeting up with the wrong people once he emerges and they continue to experiment and keep the virus alive in him... Now I really want this to happen.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
As long as it results in a "Free him from the evil influence" boss battle à la Jill in RE5, I'm in. But Capcom can't recycle that story as well, along with everything else they're already recycling...

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Steve
When people say 'he's dead/not coming back' it really annoys me considering this is a series based on things coming back from the dead. Also he has the veronica virus in him... the veronica virus. Maybe he could make a pretty good villain.

Sheva
I think Sheva gets a bad rep because of the AI but she was a great character that definitely deserves to come back.

Carlos
After everything he went through in raccoon city, considering he worked for umbrella in the first place, i'd like to know where he ended up.

Jessica/raymond
Same as Jen, just want to know the deal with the end of revelations.

Rebecca
I know we're going to be seeing her in vendetta, but we haven't seen anything yet, so I fully expect it to be a cameo. It'd be nice to see what she's been doing all this time. She's also a character I can relate to... because science.

Moira
Great character (like most in revelations 2), I see literally no reason she shouldn't be brought back, especially considering she is willing to use a gun now.

Alex/Natalia
Best villain we've had in a long time. I hope they don't wait too long, I like the idea of having a child/teenage villain.

Billy
I feel like maybe he could be investigating bioterror threats on a small scale, like RE7 maybe.

Ashley
Not a big fan of Ashley but I think a cameo appearance, maybe convincing polititans of the threat of BOW's after what happened to her would be good.

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
1. Carlos
I really liked Carlos as a character, he saved Jills life and was able to follow instructions to manufacture a cure for the T virus. Thats pretty damn impressive.
He also worked with umbrella although unaware, I wonder what became of him.

2. Jessica
Jessica is an interesting character, her only loyalty is to whatever she wants. This makes her a truly cold character, and I would like to see a continuation of her character. Even if she does come across annoying

3. Ashley
When Re6 was first announced and everyone though Sherry was Ashley, I was really hyped even though I can't say I thought a whole lot to her in Re4.

4. Sheva
Sheva wasn't a bad character, she was actually pretty good. As loki mentioned before, her Ai used to he the root cause of her hatred. Though professional mode made me scream at her too.

5. Helena
After the whole first 3 chapters I liked her. And her melee moves were sick too!

6. Alex
Alex could he a great recurring villain just as Wesker was. Although her plan worked I don't really see what it could lead to without some great writing.

7. Burton family.
Since Rev2 I can see things turning sour for the Burton family, I would like to see them all though next time as a whole including Natalia.

8. Buddy
Buddy was a cool character in damnation, I would like to see him again, even if he is paralysed.

9. Svetlana
She has potential to become a good villain, her character has more mystery than it seems, I don't know if it's just me but I don't recall hearing an explanation to her back wounds.

10. Rebecca
She was the youngest member of stars and has the most potential to become a recurring character, but as of now has only appeared in 2 games, and these were the starting 2 (not including mercs characters or the unreleased cgi)

Turo602

The King of Kings
Billy Coen - Canonically, he's had the longest absence in the series and it's about time we've learned what he's been up to.
Rebecca Chambers - Although she's about to see a return in Vendetta next year, I'd still like to see her headline another game. Specifically Revelations 3 just to continue the trend of a female protagonist.
Jill Valentine - As one of the top 4 protagonists in the series, it's surprising that she's been absent for as long she has been from the current story. There's a lot of potential for her character post RE5 and it's just getting wasted the more time passes by.
Jessica/Raymond - Probably the biggest cliffhanger in the series right now. The opportunity for a proper resolve or further progression to their story came and went with Revelations 2 so hopefully things will come full-circle in a Revelations 3.
Sherry Birkin - By far the greatest thing to come from Jake's campaign in RE6 and while she had a very welcomed return just recently, I'd definitely love to see her utilized a lot more in the future.
Steve Burnside - This guy's fate is probably the biggest mystery in the series given that Wesker hinted at some sort of plans for him but it's way passed late to develop Steve's story any further now. But I can't help but feel like they really missed an opportunity for some sort of shock reveal of his tragic fate. He could have been an Uroboros subject in RE5 or transferred over to Alex's work in Revelations 2 for an emotional reveal. I wouldn't even mind him being a Lisa Trevor 2.0.
Sheva Alomar - I don't necessarily think she should headline another game but she was likeable enough for me to want to see her used in a smaller capacity in games going further. Nothing major, maybe just a helicopter pilot or a simple reference just so we know she exists and is doing okay.
HUNK and Tofu - I'm lumping these 2 together because they don't really serve any purpose to the story. They were cool and fun additions in Resident Evil 2 and I would definitely like to see more side content either with them or similar to what they had.

and finally...

ALBERT WESKER!!! - I don't care what anyone says, Resident Evil isn't above bringing him back. The series can't get away from him which only proves what a mistake it was to kill him off the way they did. There's tons of potential for his return and so many directions they could go with his character. This series needs Albert Wesker, not constant references and throwbacks to him. I long for a day when we can see Chris, Jill, Leon, and Ada all getting their asses handed to them by Wesker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom