• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zombie Fever: Respect for the Classics

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everyone is so caught up in Zombie fever. Walking Dead, World War Z Movie, and the Left4Dead Games...I just want to take this time to remember and Recognize George A. Romero and Resident Evil. George A. Romero brought Zombies to life on the Silver Screen, and into our hearts where they have stayed for over 50 Years now, and while Resident Evil wasn't the first video game to have zombies, it was the first to REAL horror game revolving around them. Thank you George A. Romero and Shinji Mikami, for giving to us something that will NEVER fade...

Turo602

The King of Kings
I love almost anything with zombies. It's an amazing concept that never gets old. Lately though, I'm not a fan of how zombies are being treated. They've become so common that they're hard to take serious anymore. Resident Evil used to be frightening with a zombie or two... Now we have games like Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead, ugh... even that one lame mode in every other Call of Duty game that features canon fodder zombies. They're no longer scary, just there... in hordes. It's one of those things where if you look through all the junk, you'll find a handful of gems. I feel the same about vampires. Ever since Twilight, they just got lame.

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Yeah I love pretty much all zombies games and most zombie films. Though you're right in saying they don't have such a big impact anymore.
I've never liked vampires and all vamp films are terrible (in my opinion)
I think they need to bring back aliens and dinosaurs as they can be quite scary if done right.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I want Zombies to scare the living s*** out of us. Not mutations like Bloodshots, Lickers, or Stuff like Bazak.

I mean the scary shiz are mutations. But not for the fact they are scary. But how easy they kill you.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Zombies have never really been scary to me, ever since my father let me skip school when I was about 7 or 8 years old and watch George Romero's "Dead" trilogy with him. I do agree however, that they're kind of over-saturating media lately, with most of it becoming a joke or a cliche. I don't think they'll ever be "scary" to me personally but when their used right it can be absolutely satisfying.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I agree. And to all of us with zombie fever, remember this. "They're coming to get you Barbara!"

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
First time I saw a zombie was re1 when my dad used to play the games.
They embarrassingly gave me nightmares at my young age and he never played it in the same room as me again for a while.
I personally played re until re5 and then I played the main series from the beginning. I like zombie games I guess for this reason. Though I do feel like they're losing their charm now.
The power you have against them seems to be the cause.
I do think it's a prime opportunity to bring back other scary creatures though (dinosaurs and aliens)
I wouldn't dare watch zombie films as a kid (weak) :p

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The first Zombie movie i ever saw was George Romero's Day of the Dead. its one of my all time favorite zombie movies. and hope that the remake will be as good as the Original.

AgentZero

First time I saw a zombie was re1 when my dad used to play the games.
They embarrassingly gave me nightmares at my young age and he never played it in the same room as me again for a while.
I personally played re until re5 and then I played the main series from the beginning. I like zombie games I guess for this reason. Though I do feel like they're losing their charm now.
The power you have against them seems to be the cause.
I do think it's a prime opportunity to bring back other scary creatures though (dinosaurs and aliens)
I wouldn't dare watch zombie films as a kid (weak) :p
Kind of how I got pulled in to resi as well. My dad picked up RECVX when I was like 5 or 6, and I watched him beat that. It didn't give me any nightmares or anything (You Wimp JK) but it did scare me. I did try to play the game then, I got to the part where the dogs come under the building, and I got scared I turned off the PS2. LOL.
Never touched the game again until I was 10. And that's when I also discovered RE4, and about a year later I came across this forum.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Kind of how I got pulled in to resi as well. My dad picked up RECVX when I was like 5 or 6, and I watched him beat that. It didn't give me any nightmares or anything (You Wimp JK) but it did scare me. I did try to play the game then, I got to the part where the dogs come under the building, and I got scared I turned off the PS2. LOL.
Never touched the game again until I was 10. And that's when I also discovered RE4, and about a year later I came across this forum.
Granted back in my day ( heh how old do I sound)
The game seemed a lot more real and scarier
I can play the first game now and get the zombies confused with walking trees. (Pro graphics)
Heh I also was easily scare able, you could call that good imagination though :p

AgentZero

Granted back in my day ( heh how old do I sound)
The game seemed a lot more real and scarier
I can play the first game now and get the zombies confused with walking trees. (Pro graphics)
Heh I also was easily scare able, you could call that good imagination though :p
LOL In that case I have some good imagination too!

Top Bottom