• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Your Teams for Resident Evil 7

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Create your dream team for Resident Evil 7.

Which character should team up with whom in the upcoming game?

I came up with two Options

1.Option Team Jill and Rebecca: Both are awesome, so team them up already!! I wanna see a "sisters-in-arms" relationship between those two, similiar to Chris and Piers.

2.Option Team Jill and Claire: That's an awkward pairing, but I'm sure a pretty funny one. I bet Claire would ask Jill a lot of questions about her brother Chris, considering his "close" relationship with Jill. Oh Lord I'd pay to see Jill's reactions when asked about Chris xD

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
teams? ughhh that seems like the game is gonna be coop again (which I hope single player only for re7), I'd prefer to see characters teaming up just in cutscenes though instead of the gameplay itself. A scene where Jill and Claire have somekind of physical showdown (similar to Chris and Leon in 6) then Chris ends up separating the two would be interesting lol

N7Valentine

Personally I wished they'd drop that whole co-op bullsh*t, but it seems like they're not gonna do that, many people like that feature (I don't like co-op in horror games myself), so that's why I believe we'll get teams again in 7.

A showdown between Jill and Claire... Oh Jesus. We all know women are more brutal than men when it comes to fighting. I for one would never dare to p*ss off Jill... Just look what she did to Nemesis xD

Last edited:

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Personally I wished they'd drop that whole co-op bullsh*t, but it seems like they're not gonna do that, many people like that feature (I don't like co-op in horror games myself), so that's why I believe we'll get teams again in 7.

A showdown between Jill and Claire... Oh Jesus. We all know women are more brutal than men when it comes to fighting. I for one would never dare to p*ss off Jill... Just look what she did to Nemesis xD

well sheva and ada are te best if you want brute force and style ;)

N7Valentine

Chris and Jill: But that would contradict with my statement not having Chris in RE7. Yet I'd like to see how they react to each other. Maybe they're more than "Partners" now, but who knows. Chris is overused so I don't want really him to be in the next game, tbh. He can appear in a cutscene in Jill's scenario, tho. I'd fine with that.

Moira and Barry: Who wouldn't love to see a father and his daughter kickin' some asses?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I would prefer to see characters we haven't seen in a long time like Billy and Rebecca, or newer characters that haven't had a lot time in the spotlight like Helena and even Josh. I mean, I love Jill and almost always welcome seeing her, but as with Chris, Leon, and Ada I think they need to keep her on the back burner for a couple more games.

Honestly, what we're most likely to get is Jake (and I'm fine with that as long as they make the game fun to play).

N7Valentine

I'll be getting off-topic again (as usual xD)

I already said it in another Thread, but I want RE7 to be less male-centered. Recent RE titles (with numbers) had only male character as leads: RE4 had Leon, RE5 had Chris, RE6 had Leon, Jake and Chris. The last time we had a female lead was in RE3 with Jill (not counting Spin-off titles, since they're usually set in the past). I don't like that new approach. I feel like they're not doing justice to the RE ladies. Most of them became heroines in Spin-off titles while the guys get the numerical titles. I don't think it's okay to do that.

Also, Chris and Leon met onscreen in 6 and I think it would be interesting if Jill and Claire met. Claire is Chris' sister and Jill is Chris'... well I honestly don't know. At this point she could be his wife, lover or even worse his enemy. But I agree on bringing Rebecca back, it's been way too long since we saw her.

Besides I'm not in favor of the "characters-appearing-two-times-in-a-row" policy in recent titles. I wished they'd do like they did it in older titles, make a character a main protagonist in a game, but after that game give this character a break and time to develop and make him/her a lead character two titles later. Easy as that. So that's why I don't want Jake in RE7. But I'd like to see him in RE8.

Just my two cents

As for teams

Carlos and Billy: Just for fun xD We haven't seen these two fellas since '98

Last edited:

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I don't think bringing back Rebecca to game is great, maybe only a Cameo role, Since she was in all this by accident she's not the person that fights against bio terrorism she's just a medic field support that she was there only in a wrong place and wrong time.

-ecxuse me, my English is not that good so if you understand the point what I'm trying to say then ur probably the lucky one heheh xD

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I say they should try something different, no more Chris and Jill, or Leon and Claire, or Leon and Ada, give us a NEW teamup.

I have always said that a Jill and Leon teamup needs to happen, we haven't even seen these 2 in the same game despite both being staple Resident Evil characters.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I agree that a solo experience makes for a better horror experience, but I needs me my 2-player offline mercenaries experience, and if a co-op campaign is what it takes, then I'll suffer the consequences.

I would love to see Jill and Claire have a good Chris roast, I think that would be great. Plus those two would kick some serious zombie booty.

Other than that, maybe do something with Sherry and Claire or something. That would be a nice throwback.

N7Valentine

I say they should try something different, no more Chris and Jill, or Leon and Claire, or Leon and Ada, give us a NEW teamup.
Agreed!!! We need more varieties. I'm kinda sick of Chris and Jill. As much as I like to think of them as a romantic couple, but I think Chris and Jill are pretty overused. That's why I want Claire or Rebecca and Jill this time!
I have always said that a Jill and Leon teamup needs to happen, we haven't even seen these 2 in the same game despite both being staple Resident Evil characters.
I'd do a cartwheel throughout the city if that happens :D Both are beyond awesome and my favorites, but I don't think that'll ever happen, since Jill doesn't have any history with Leon (Chris has because of Claire), so it's most unlikely to happen, as much as I want it. :( Jill is only tied with Chris' and Barry's character from what I can gather. Poor girl has no friends xD
But you can never know, maybe Jill and Leon will be partners. Both are pretty badass and martial artists. Besides, Leon's a ladies man and Jill is a bit flirtatious as well, so I can already imagine where this is going... Sorry Chris, but Leon will give you a run for your money x'D

Last edited:

N7Valentine

I would love to see Jill and Claire have a good Chris roast, I think that would be great. Plus those two would kick some serious zombie booty.
Haha I'd pay to see that. A Claire and Jill catfight over Chris was always something that I wanted to happen.
Oh hell yeah RE's most badass and experienced leading ladies in one game? Make it real Capcom! :D

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

I couldn't agree more. Chris and Jill, Leon and Ada, Claire and someone younger who can't take care of themself - so far every main game had at least one of those pairings, and it's getting old, especially because Jill and Ada have a tendency to turn into planets orbiting their men like stars when they're around. RE3 proves that Jill is at her best without Chris, whereas Revelations 1 demonstrates how dull they become when left together in the same room for too long, and Ada shines brightest in RE6, the one game where her story doesn't revolve around Leon all the time.

I also want to see new pairings. Not necessarily an old character with a new one, but mix up the existing cast a little, for example Jill and Ada, Chris and Ada, Jill and Claire, even Jill and Leon for a change, although that's not a pairing I would be terribly excited about. But as we can see, Jill doesn't have many other main characters in her address list, and perhaps it's time to change that. Anything other than the default pairings will do.

N7Valentine

But as we can see, Jill doesn't have many other main characters in her address list, and perhaps it's time to change that.
I couldn't agree more. She needs finally some who isn't Chris and I agree with you she was pretty dull in Revelations (but I liked her with Parker, tho) in comparison to RE3. That's the reason why I want her to be with either Claire or Rebecca this time, because I have the feeling that she doesn't know anyone except Chris and Barry. Oh and no Chris Redfield for Jill please, he can be mentioned, appear in a cutscene or be ignored (just like RE6 did to her), but I don't want them to be partners again in 7. Yet I want to know what happened between Chris and Jill after RE5, that's the only thing that really interests me.

I wish she'd be on her own, but that's probably not gonna happen, not with Capcoms new co-op policy in RE games, unless they do it similiar to Ada's campaign in 6.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill and Ada: RE most badass and dangerous women as a team? F*ck yeah I'm down for that!

Last edited:
Top Bottom