• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your choice actors for resident evil reboot

Hawkeye47

So, I have a few, not many..
To start things I'm new here, been a fan of the resident evil series for decades, and am proud to be a fan of the Series (Resident evil 2 being my favorite).
So, I was doing some reaserch on what characters could work..
First Off
Leon S Kennedy: Jimmi Simpson (William from Westworld) while I was watching the series, I kept asking my self, this guy looks just like somebody, even had similar traits (before the twist that is lol if you watched Westworld) Well, I thought to myself, holy hell, this guy looks just like Leon from Resident evil, kind of even reminded me of his traits also.

Chris Redfield: Tom Hardy, know everyone wants Tom For every role know days, and its a bonus as he is working for Sony (Venom movie) he may be able to work on the resident evil project, due to Sony owning the rights To the Resident Evil franchise.

Now, thats just a few off my head, we need
Jill Valentine:
Claire Redfield:
Albert Wesker:
And other characters also..
Hope to hear you guys, and glad to see others that love this franchise..

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Can I just say, kudos for the Jimi Simpson mention. I haven't seen him in anything for ages but he's one of my favorite actors.

I've played around with a few different actors to play Leon (and have even kinda laughed at myself as I jokingly considered Ruby Rose as Leon after seeing her with that haircut in John Wick 2 :3). I think the one I generally stick to is Jensen Ackles, and before you ask I'm not a Supernaturalholic so that isn't my motivation lol. I just think he looks a lot like Leon and he's not overly buff or anything.

I agree with Tom Hardy as Chris, although honestly I had no problems with Wentworth Miller's portrayal of Chris in the Paul Anderson Resident Evil series.

I'm not crazy about about Evangeline Lilly (Kate from LOST), but I feel like she could pull off Claire.

I honestly have no idea who I would cast as Jill, off the top of my head. I didn't really like what was done with Jill previously but that could've easily just been Paul's writing to be honest. That being said, I would like to see Laurie Holden in a Resident Evil movie and perhaps Jill would be a good fit for her?

Wesker is another character that I feel was cast well with Shawn Roberts. Call me crazy, but I feel like if he did get recast, DC Douglas who voiced Wesker for ages actually CAN pass for Wesker in real live if you dye his hair blonde, in my opinion, and he is very passionate about the character.

I met a kid in high school that looked like a mirror image of Steve Burnside (random story heh). I'd cast him in a heartbeat.

slack

I mean no offense, but I actually cringed when you said Shawn Roberts was good as Wesker. He could have' SHOULD have been so much more.

This is actually a mild obsession of mine. Don't want to go into details but I have an big image in my head of a RE TV series that would remain true to the majority of the games, but with alterations in plot and characters for dramatic and entertainment purposes.
Anyway because of this idea that's been fermenting in my mind for a little while now I'm always on the lookout for character hopefuls. Here's (shortened) list.

Chris
  • Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor, Penny Dreadful)
  • James Marsden (X-men, Westworld)
  • Milo Ventimila (Heroes, This is Us)
  • Jai Courtney (Suicide Squad, Divergent)
  • Michiel Huisman (Game of Thrones, Treme)
  • Ashton Kutcher (That 70s Show, The Ranch) -- SERIOUSLY, he has pretty decent range as an actor, think it over
  • Ben Mckenzie (Gotham, Southland)
  • Grey Damon (Aquarius, The Flash)
  • Brian J Smith (Sense8)
  • Kit Harrington (Game of Thrones)

Jill
  • Lizzie Caplan (Mean Girls, Masters of Sex)
  • Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld, The Wrestler)
  • Lucy Griffiths (True Blood, Preacher)
  • Mackenzie Davis (Halt and Catch Fire, The Martian)

Claire
  • Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Final Destination 3, 10 Cloverfiled Lane)
  • Hannah New (Black Sails)
  • Blake Lively (The Shallows, Green Lantern)
  • Jessica Stroup (Iron Fist, The Following)
  • Lyndsey Fonseca (Kick-Ass, Agent Carter)
  • Jessica Brown Findlay (Winter's Tale, Downtown Abbey)

Leon
  • Hunter Parish (Weeds, The Following)
  • Bradley James (The Omen -tv series)
  • Luke Mitchell (Agents of Shield, Blindspot)
  • Grant Gustin (The Flash)

Carlos
  • Pedro Pascal (Narcos, Game of Thrones)
  • Zach McGowan (Black Sails, Shameless)
  • Miguel Angel Silvestre (Sense8, Narcos)

Barry
  • Ray Stevenson (Thor, Dexter)
  • Liev Schriber (X-Men Origins, Ray Donovan)
  • Jeffery Dean Morgan (Watchmen, The Walking Dead)
  • Michael Cudlitz (The Walking Dead, Southland)
  • Donal Logue (Gotham, Blade)
  • Jon Hamm (Mad Men)

Wesker
  • Sharlto Copley (District 9, Hardcore Henry)
  • Michael Fassbender (X-Men First Class, Jobs)
  • Toby Stevens (Black Sails, The Machine)
  • William Fichner (Prison Break, Armageddon)
  • Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight, Olympus Has Fallen)
  • Jon Hamm (Mad Men) -- Yes again, he would be decent as Barry or Wesker beacause he's Jon fu***ng Hamm.
That's it for now. My personal choices are in red

I know there's age discrepancies between choices, just see that as a hypothetical.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I mean no offense, but I actually cringed when you said Shawn Roberts was good as Wesker. He could have' SHOULD have been so much more.

Personally I think he did the best he could with the material he was given, and I have no reason to believe that he could've have done a better job had anyone other than Paul Anderson written the scripts.

Wesker
  • Michael Fassbender (X-Men First Class, Jobs)

I gotta say I hadn't even thought of Michael Fassbender. He has definitely grown on me through the most recent X-Men films. I could be okay with this.

Cure Zombrex

I'm not sure if I really want to see a reboot, if you mean a reboot that uses classic characters, who are so old by this stage. Living in the past isn't always good. Maybe we should see what the remake of 2 is like first.

As for a particular VA: Well, I'm not sure, but Mr. Douglas is great as Wesker. So having him return would be cool. He seems to really enjoy this series too, from his Tweets.

MisterScott

So, I have a few, not many..
To start things I'm new here, been a fan of the resident evil series for decades, and am proud to be a fan of the Series (Resident evil 2 being my favorite).
So, I was doing some reaserch on what characters could work..
First Off
Leon S Kennedy: Jimmi Simpson (William from Westworld) while I was watching the series, I kept asking my self, this guy looks just like somebody, even had similar traits (before the twist that is lol if you watched Westworld) Well, I thought to myself, holy hell, this guy looks just like Leon from Resident evil, kind of even reminded me of his traits also.

Chris Redfield: Tom Hardy, know everyone wants Tom For every role know days, and its a bonus as he is working for Sony (Venom movie) he may be able to work on the resident evil project, due to Sony owning the rights To the Resident Evil franchise.

Now, thats just a few off my head, we need
Jill Valentine:
Claire Redfield:
Albert Wesker:
And other characters also..
Hope to hear you guys, and glad to see others that love this franchise..
A lot of Tom Hardy fans are going to condemn me beyond salvation for this but as much as I like many Tom Hardy movies (especially Bronson which played very well) and as much as many people on countless forums I saw want him as Chris personally I wouldn't want him to play Chris, I know that not many actors are going to be a twin of the game models and play the part perfectly but I cannot look at Tom Hardy's face and say to myself "that's Chris Redfield!"

images

I don't think it would be off to a good start for a Reboot movie if they get somebody who looks nothing like one of the biggest characters in the franchise, Capcom got a lot of negative attention recently with the new model they used for Resident Evil 7 and while he looked reasonably similar to Chris it still caused a big uproar with many fans going as far as coming up with theories trying to explain that he is a imposter so It would be a bad move if Capcom did it again with their last chance at a decent film adaptation, while Wentworth Miller wasn't exactly a ideal Chris Redfield he still had more in common physically with Chris than Tom Hardy (and nobody took those movies seriously after the second so I guess we were all a little prepared for disappointment) also bare in mind that Tom Hardy would probably be in his early 50s by the time next reboot comes out and assuming it is based on the first game that would make a Hypothetical Tom Hardy Chris Redfield older than Wesker and Barry who were in their 30s and and while I guess you can hire actors older than him bare in mind that as the trilogy goes we would have a Chris Redfield in his 60s so unless this version of STARS is supposed to be group of senior bad asses (like in the movie Red) then it would probably be a better idea to cast someone else maybe a unknown like they did with the first games cutscenes and the promotional trailers from 2009.

Last edited:
Top Bottom