• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Will this play more like RE1 or RE4?

Will the gameplay be more overall like RE1 or RE4, or balance in between?

• RE1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • balanced

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • RE4

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

nicbooty

I was looking at the preview images on the steam page for RE8 and I was looking at how huge the village and the castle are. Judging by the size of the castle do you think that we will experience a slow detailed exploration with puzzles and key items or will we get fast paced shoot first ask questions never experience with minimal puzzle solving. Or will Capcom strike a perfect balance between RE1 and RE4 gameplay?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm inclined to believe this will be more like RE4.

RE7, while it did return to the more claustrophobic settings, was also like this, the puzzles weren't great in my opinion. I don't expect that RE8 will do more with puzzles than 7, and the setting is very reminiscent of RE4. Not saying that necessarily means anything, but everything I've seen so far sways me to believe this will be more like 4 than 1.

D

Deleted member 21244

Personally i think it will play between a mixture of re 1, re 4 and re 7

It will be similar to re 4 in term of inventory, merchant and atmosphere
But it will be similar to re 1 in term of horror, the feeling of being powerless against enemy even whit an arsenal in your hands and of course puzzle, it's sees the game will have lots of good old puzzle mechanic

It will be similar to re 7 regarding the camera and action element in first person view

So it's like a mixture of all the good element from this previous re game

Top Bottom