• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Will The Resident Evil 2 Remake Live Up To The Hype?

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
I think personally speaking and basing off of current videos being posted; that it would not be the same and a it would only become worse. What I enjoyed so much was the terror aspect as well as the cheesy dialogue, they are most likely not going to use the same voice-over actors, and it would be more action and less mystery.

I also do not like the trailers they have shown w/ the over the shoulder camera angles and infrared beams on the weapons. It's too modern. Brian Iron's also has a whole new area (in the 2nd scenario). It was after Mr. Iron's was in his office; only than did it eventually lead to the underground cavern where he had the steel pipe.

I would respect Shinji Mikami more if he had a say in it, after-all, he was the sole creator of 2.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Taking REremake into account and how it lived up to the game it was remaking and improved on it in every aspect I see no reason to doubt the same could hold true for RE2.

So long as Capcom makes it in house I have no worries.

And we have no "current" videos on it, only fan made works, nothing official from Capcom as far as gameplay goes.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
Capcom, judging by what I have seen have not upheld their part of the agreement than. Here is a link and enlighten me w/ what you think:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Also this thread is in the wrong section, it would be best for you to send a message to the staff and ask them to move it for you.

You posted it in the Resident Evil 5 section.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I'm not even liking the fan remake and I kinda want Capcom to issue a C&D for it, not because I think it looks crap or anything, but because I hate the idea of the REmake 2 having the over the shoulder camera and controls and I hate that this fan remake is pushing for the idea, if that's what fans are demanding the RE2 remake go for then Capcom may as well continue RE7 in the Michael Bay direction, because the fixed camera angles and tank controls were a huge part of the tension in RE2.
Also before anyone thinks it up, NO, a choice between the 2 control & camera schemes will not help at all, the game has to pick one scheme and be built around that, being built around the 3rd person controls would put it in an action oriented direction.
The REmake 2 has to be done right and I don't think it even can be with such a large and divided fanbase, some fans want to return to survival horror, some just want to shoot things and some just want to continue experiencing the stupid story.
It's best that they don't even do it, I'm not even looking forward to the REmake port after their god awful Dead Rising 3 port they released today, Capcom are dirtbags.

Just wondering what this has to do with re5. And the fanremake got cancelled anyway so no worries. I always thought it looked wack as hell.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I don't think anything really lives up to hype.
You're doomed to disappointment if you hype something up beyond a certain point.

Top Bottom