• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Will HUNK return in the Remake?

Zacmac90

Hunk made his debut in the original Resident Evil 2, other than usually being the sole survivor of his team, not much is known about him. While he was mainly seen in cutscenes and mercenary modes he is a memorable character. Will he again be seen in Resident Evil 2 Remake?

BioLence

He'll obviously return as he's part of the plot. The game will most likely give us more on him than ever before. I hope they keep it subtle tho, like i don't need to see his face or know his real name and stuff like that. I just want to get a little more information regarding his movements from September 20th (the day he stole the G virus from Birkin) to the 29th when he escapes. That's quite a lot of time, a lot of stuff happened on the surface while he was underground.

Last edited:

Zacmac90

I think they showed his face if u complete the 4th survivor in the original, wouldn't mind learning his name for curiosity sake. Didn't know he was in RC for 9 days.

Itd be cool to play as him for a brief run like we did as sherry/ada and learn more about him and his mission

HookerZombie

We saw his face in his 3 Epilogue, 2 didn't have those.
I think he's referring to the results screen in RE2 that shows Hunk with his helmet off. It didn't actually show his face though because his head was turned to the side, but his full face was shown in the epilogues of RE3.

Zacmac90

Head turned to the side or not, you at least know what the man behind the gas mask looks like somewhat, hope they go further in depth with him a bit more in between Leon and Claire

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I think he's referring to the results screen in RE2 that shows Hunk with his helmet off. It didn't actually show his face though because his head was turned to the side, but his full face was shown in the epilogues of RE3.
2 didn't have any actual epilogues though, just the picture, he did have an epilogue in 3 is what I'm saying.

Zacmac90

Another question I wonder about is, after Resident Evil 2/3 and Umbrella is exposed and eventually finished, does Hunk work for another or is he more freelance perhaps

HookerZombie

I've often wondered what became of Hunk after Umbrella was shut down too. Anything is possible he could have sided with Wesker, joined another company, or became a freelance mercenary. Honestly who knows?

Zacmac90

Hunk and Wesker together? While that just screams awesome i think it'd be unlikely since Wesker does tend to view the majority of those who work for him to be pawns and expendable. Than again Hunk did once say "Survival is your responsibility" so maybe it could work? But I think he'd just join the latest virus making company that came along

HookerZombie

I think you meant Nicholai

I agree, that sounds more like Nicholai's thing.

Edit: My point was that Hunk doesn't murder his own team, he just leaves them for dead. Nicholai on the other hand murders his own men just so he can collect a bigger bonus for his job.

Last edited:

Zacmac90

Granted he might not kill them directly like Nicholai would but leaving them to be slaughtered mercilessly isn't much different. Outside of their nationalities and a gas mask they aren't that different as Mercs

HookerZombie

Yeah but Hunk at least seems loyal enough to his employers to accomplish his mission no matter what it takes. Nicholai on the other hand is a self-serving evil bastard who only seems to care about money and will trick his own employers by getting rid of his teammates just to collect a bigger paycheck.

Top Bottom