• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Wii or PS4?

RepresentativeDamage

Want to know what console you all recommend playing this on. I have it for Wii, because I was told aiming is a lot easier on the Wii version. But I must admit the graphics are pretty bad, so I'm wondering if I should buy it again for the PS4.

RedfieldFan

Having played the game on multiple PlayStations as well as Wii, I'd say I prefer the PS versions. PS3 and PS4 are in HD, I don't think the Wii version was.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Having played the game on multiple PlayStations as well as Wii, I'd say I prefer the PS versions. PS3 and PS4 are in HD, I don't think the Wii version was.
I second this. I played RE4 on the GameCube and PlayStation and preferred the PlayStation version as well. That being said, I can't speak for the HD upgrades as I didn't feel the need to buy the game more than twice.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I played Gamecube, Wii, and PS2. Among those, I preferred the Gamecube followed by PS2 followed by the Wii. If a game is on both systems, the Wii usually has the more annoying port of the game.

I would suggest going with the PS4 version. But I am biased towards Playstation products. lol

D

Deleted member 21244

I played all the version of the game and the most refined one is the ps4 versione, since it had 1080 p 60 fps and better texture and better control, it also had all the content from the ps2 version but the GameCube graphic.... At the second place we have the wii versione since it had 480 p, the control are really good whit the wii motion and it had all the content from the ps2 version but whit the GameCube graphic, Infact I think that the ps3 and ps4 port are taken from the wii version...

Last edited by a moderator:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wow...Apparently I'm the weird one here. Because I've played it on GC, Wii, PS3, PS4, and PC, and aside from the modding capabilities on PC, the Wii version if my absolute favorite. I truly couldn't care less about the graphics. The Aiming system is a true blast, and I'll take those mechanics over any other version by far.

D

Deleted member 21244

Wow...Apparently I'm the weird one here. Because I've played it on GC, Wii, PS3, PS4, and PC, and aside from the modding capabilities on PC, the Wii version if my absolute favorite. I truly couldn't care less about the graphics. The Aiming system is a true blast, and I'll take those mechanics over any other version by far.
I like the wii version too, the graphic is good, there is almost no difference whit the ps4 version beside the 1080 p and 60 fps support and a some better texture, but nonetheless the difference are non existent...
Also i liked the pc one because of nodding but it was probably the worst version whitout patch since it had many bugs

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The PS2 version felt like a huge downgrade with the hit taken by the visuals/sound, and the exclusive extras which I never really felt were necessary and the PRL 412 sucks in its original iteration (it wasn't broken and fun until Wii Edition).

Between Wii Edition and the PS4/XBOX One/Switch version (which are identical), Wii Edition is the far more stable game, because I've had numerous issues and bugs playing the XBOX One version, like struggling to keep a steady framerate, slowdown, accelerated animations (some of which can kill you, like boulders and the jet ski sequence), missing shader effects on U-3, QTEs not always registering leading to cheap damage (or death), and as a matter of personal taste: I hate the new HD textures and models and you aren't given the option to change them like Steam.

So... Wii > PS4. But the XBOX 360 and PS3 are your best options in HD. Those resemble the GC version far more and won't screw you over with performance issues.

This thread is months old but I don't care

D

Deleted member 21244

The PS2 version felt like a huge downgrade with the hit taken by the visuals/sound, and the exclusive extras which I never really felt were necessary and the PRL 412 sucks in its original iteration (it wasn't broken and fun until Wii Edition).

Between Wii Edition and the PS4/XBOX One/Switch version (which are identical), Wii Edition is the far more stable game, because I've had numerous issues and bugs playing the XBOX One version, like struggling to keep a steady framerate, slowdown, accelerated animations (some of which can kill you, like boulders and the jet ski sequence), missing shader effects on U-3, QTEs not always registering leading to cheap damage (or death), and as a matter of personal taste: I hate the new HD textures and models and you aren't given the option to change them like Steam.

So... Wii > PS4. But the XBOX 360 and PS3 are your best options in HD. Those resemble the GC version far more and won't screw you over with performance issues.

This thread is months old but I don't care
I think the ps2 version was good because it added separate ways who was interesting in term of plot

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think the ps2 version was good because it added separate ways who was interesting in term of plot
But every other version had that as well, and they were actually GOOD versions. The PS2 is, without a doubt, the worst version of the game. It just couldn't handle what the gamecube could and graphically had to be downgraded. Separate Ways wasn't interesting enough to justify how poorly the PS2 version looks in my opinion. That's the reason I've honestly never played it.

D

Deleted member 21244

But every other version had that as well, and they were actually GOOD versions. The PS2 is, without a doubt, the worst version of the game. It just couldn't handle what the gamecube could and graphically had to be downgraded. Separate Ways wasn't interesting enough to justify how poorly the PS2 version looks in my opinion. That's the reason I've honestly never played it.
It was the first version I played that's why I liked it but obviously now is not the best version

Top Bottom