• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Who's your favorite Dimitrescu Daughter?

Favorite of the trio?

• Bela

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Cassandra

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Daniela

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Wesker90

images

images

Mine is Daniela by far, She's cute and deadly, I find her delusional romance linked verbiage during the fight appealing and perhaps more unique as opposed to her simply bloodlusted older siblings.

Strangely I think she stands out of the trio more and compared to them almost more laid-back and less cruel but in a way it doesn't hamper her role as a sadistic vampire like her sisters and mother.

I'm not aboard the Alcina simp train either....just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hardware

Are they really that different from one another? They felt more like the same character over and over. Daniela is probably the one you hear talk the most because her boss fight can be longer and her views on "love" are funny...but I guess I'd have to go with Cassandra because she's the one who gets reprimanded over and over ("Cassandra? A word...") by Lady D and her death is what really enrages the big lady. They should've had more screen time, IMHO.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree that they do feel like the same fight over and over and there is not enough distinguishing them from one another. But I think that works for the game honestly. The castle section would have been too big for the balance of the game if we gut super involved with each character. But I would love some more supplemental reading about each sister and their relationship with the mother... especially considering they could never go outside in the colder months.

With all of the said, I did pick Daniela because she has red hair and I have red hair and I think that is great. lmao

Hardware

But I think that works for the game honestly. The castle section would have been too big for the balance of the game if we gut super involved with each character.
One of the many issues I have with Village is that is overstuffed and its content is underdeveloped. The castle alone could've been a game of its own (especially since we only got to explore a tiny portion of it). It's like they crammed 3\4 different games into one for ADHD children. Personally, I don't think it's very well balanced: it takes forever for it to truly begin and then it quickly makes you go through completely different situations without giving any of them the time they deserved.

I would've been quite happy with a stand-alone supernatural horror game about some unlucky schmuck trapped inside Castle Dimitrescu.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I hear you Hardware, but I do disagree. I feel like the aim of Village was to create 5 unique areas with different styles and have the Village be the hub in which all of the other areas are connected. I know most people liked the Castle section the best as it had the most classic RE feel, but I think each section has a lot of great beats and ideas. I think that was the aim of the developers and I feel if people did not love that concept, then it is more about a disagreement on the basis of the game balance rather than terms of the game being undeveloped. The game is VERY well developed, but some sections are shorter than the others.

I would have appreciated a little bit of a larger castle to explore and maybe more areas in the flooded area to increase the amount of combat in the middle of the game, but I know everyone has their own opinions.

Hardware

...yeah, but that's the problem I have with this game - too much stuff thrown together and not particularly well-amalgamated. I am a huge "Soul Reaver" fan and that game did the same idea way better more than 20 years ago. And it all felt like it was part of the story because it was thought up to be like that - maybe some "Blood Omen" fans didn't like it, but Crystal Dynamics went well above the line of duty to ensure the sequel fit in with the existing mythology despite it being very different (when it became development, it wasn't even a LOK game but a stand-alone title called "Shifter").

Mr.R

...yeah, but that's the problem I have with this game - too much stuff thrown together and not particularly well-amalgamated. I am a huge "Soul Reaver" fan and that game did the same idea way better more than 20 years ago. And it all felt like it was part of the story because it was thought up to be like that - maybe some "Blood Omen" fans didn't like it, but Crystal Dynamics went well above the line of duty to ensure the sequel fit in with the existing mythology despite it being very different (when it became development, it wasn't even a LOK game but a stand-alone title called "Shifter").
That's so weird, because for me, Soul Reaver was a dull, lifeless game where every place looks just slightly different from each other, with big spaces and barely anything to do. I really struggled to get to the end of it, because I was just bored by it. I even bought on the PSN with my PS3 years ago to see if older me would like it more but...still boring. Then again, opinions are opinions.

Top Bottom