• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Which version of Revelations 2 is the ultimate version?

I wont lie. I love Revelations 2 a little too much. I still play it and I am an active player on multiple consoles. I got the PS3, PSVita, PS4 and Xbox One versions and they all are very similar but still different in their own ways.

I'm guessing the PC version would be the best version out but i've heard it's not the best port out there. For my own experience I would say that the Xbox One version runs the smoothest but sometimes has certain bugs I haven't seen on other versions. Online community is hands down most active on PS3 and most dead on the Xbox One. The PSVita version had TONS of bugs and release but alot of them are now patched. It's still not a good port because of the insane framerate drops and long loadtimes.

Which version do you play?

meg5493

I play on ps4 because of me thinking the graphics would look best between my ps3 and ps4, but oddly enough I prefer how the characters look on ps3. :/ Though I am glad I got it for ps4.

It do look alot better on PS4 (for obvious reasons) They have this strange filter over the game on PS3 probably to hide some ugly textures.

meg5493

Yeah I think its the fact that ps3 can't handle the same shadows and textures in the ps4 so its much brighter with darker textures to compensate which makes the game softer? on the ps3 which i like.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I play the XBOX 360 version because that's the one I bought. Pretty self-explanatory.
I don't play online, and I haven't encountered any game breaking glitches.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
PS4 by far. I've heard reports of people say the Vita and PC versions have game breaking bugs. The game apparently temporarily freezes in the Vita version and it's the matter of life and death. I've heard some strange bugs about the PC version. I've heard one person complain that he was unable to move at all in the final battle with
Alex Wesker
and that he/she could pause the game and have full controls. Just unable to do anything but get slapped around and crushed in game. It's a funny story tbh

As far as the last gen versions go. I haven't heard much. I had one friend irl who is a huge RE fan tell me that it looked like **** and burned his eyes and that he refuses to play it. He has a PS4 now and wants to get it at some point. I don't understand this because Revelations 2 on the PS4 looks like a first year 7th gen (360/PS3) game.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I first got it and played it on Xbox 360 and my first playthrough was pretty solid but the more I played the more issues started becoming apparent. First off, there's almost always lag whenever you enter a new area which can get annoying. The character sometimes freezes for a bit before opening doors. Load times were longer and the game would even start while the game was still loading which completely ruined countdown mode for me. I needed at least 1 second more before I can bust the next time crystal but every time I restarted I was losing time because of the loading. I was at the end of the level so I just decided to quit. Also, for some reason the achievement for getting 2 headshots with one bullet wouldn't unlock until what felt like the hundredth time doing it.

I honestly wouldn't have been as angry as I am about it if the game was truly a next gen experience but the truth is, there's no excuse when the system perfectly handled Resident Evil 6 without any performance issues. Anyway, I ended up getting it again on Xbox One which I'm sure isn't much different from the PS4 version and it doesn't have any of those issues. It also looks slightly better and runs a whole lot smoother so it's definitely the best version out there.

I don't understand this because Revelations 2 on the PS4 looks like a first year 7th gen (360/PS3) game.

You must not remember what those games looked like.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You must not remember what those games looked like.

You're actually quite right. Which is sad on my part since I've played and beat almost every 360 launch title xD Textures weren't impressive, but the awe effect then was stronger than now. There were some games in 2005 and 2006 that did look better, but Rev 2 win in the texture side of things. As soon as 2008 came around... that all changed.

I think I'm a little hard on the Revelations 2 side of things because it looks worse than all the other titles. RE5 is by far the best looking Resident Evil game along with the first Revelations on the 3DS (partially due to it's resolution). Screen shots can't do it justice. Full 3D games on the 3DS can look quite mind blowing. Also see Snake Eater and Dead or Alive Dimensions. I know that the console version of Revelations have better textures, but it looks a little.... stretched in comparison. I don't know how to explain it xD Also Revelations 2 on Vita looks like ass compared to Revelations 2 on Vita. Heck even on the console version of Revelations 2... Jill looks terrible in comparison. Look at Albert and compare him to his RE5 model.... WTF?

I do think Revelations 2 looks great, and it's my favorite Resident Evil game. However the graphics and physics are not up to standard of the others. This somewhat bothers me because all the core games sine 5 use the MT Framework engine. Yes... I am a little biased on this. I'll admit that, and Barry and Natalia look great! One thing that really bothers me is that they really ****ed up on Alex's human character model. We don't get a clear shot of her face in the story and when we do, the wall between her and the player is a little blurry. So we only see her in raid mode and because of this, they lacked details. For example her monster form (which is very detailed mind you) shows her mole that is located on her left eye, just as we see in her painting. This is a huge mistake, HUGE mistake. Look at all the fan art out there that ****ed this up. There's even a mod on PC that fixes her face for raid mode and added the mole. There are a fair few fans who are ****ed about this, and I'm one of them.

The character models in general is really ugly sadly.. The characters that look the best are the ones from Resident Evil 6 since that game had alot better models.

black 93

From the ones iv played, ps4 is the best and Vita is the worst. The 360 version is ok but really laggy when entering a new area and if you're playing it off a disc you can't install it to the hard drive which usually eliminates those kind of problems. The vita version has game ending bugs, such as when your leaving the prison in episode 1, the game will enter a loading screen but Claire and Moira will still take damage from enemies. Also if your trying to get all medals, you'll end up replaying episodes countless times until the game decides to give you a medal even if you do the required action many times. There's no denying though that this game was definitley made on a budget, whatever version you play. Still a great game though. Just only seems to run like it should on next gen machines.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The character models in general is really ugly sadly.. The characters that look the best are the ones from Resident Evil 6 since that game had alot better models.

No way! RE5 actually has better graphics and character models than all the other games. Also Ada, Carla, Helena, and even Leon all look like plastic models... which is disappointing. The rest of the characters look fine though.

No way! RE5 actually has better graphics and character models than all the other games. Also Ada, Carla, Helena, and even Leon all look like plastic models... which is disappointing. The rest of the characters look fine though.
The only character models from RE6 are Chris and Leon. And both look great in Revelations 2.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The only character models from RE6 are Chris and Leon. And both look great in Revelations 2.

I need to disagree on that. They look okay at best in Raid mode. They were much higher detailed in RE6 but Leon didn't look realistic at all.

black 93

One thing i can't get over about the RE6 models is how much they aged Chris. RE6 was only 3 years after 5 and Chris looks a lot older than he did in 5. Still i suppose they wanted to give him a more grizzled look due to his alcoholism but me and a lot of people i know were a bit shocked at how much older he looked. Not s big deal just me being a picky git ;)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
One thing i can't get over about the RE6 models is how much they aged Chris. RE6 was only 3 years after 5 and Chris looks a lot older than he did in 5. Still i suppose they wanted to give him a more grizzled look due to his alcoholism but me and a lot of people i know were a bit shocked at how much older he looked. Not s big deal just me being a picky git ;)

War can take a toll on you bud. Not that I've ever been in one but it puts a lot of stress on your body.

Update: the PC version is confirmed not to be the best. It's buggy and has worse textures and graphics than the Xbox One version.

About the Vita version. It's updated looks prettier and dosen't have any bugs no more. I would say it's a neat version of the game now. And when I think about it, revelations 2 is perfect on a handheld. I love the vita version now!

weskerondope

pc might be the best platform, but its never the best one for resident evil, sorry fanboys
personally i only played the ps4 version so i cant really compare, but it worked just fine though and it looked rather nice too

Top Bottom