• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which version of RE4 do you think is best?

HookerZombie

Resident Evil 4 has been released on so many different platforms and each one has added something new to improve the game. So which platform do you prefer RE4 for and why?

For me I'd have to go with the PS3 HD version. Not only does it contain all the great extras from the PS2 version of the game but the graphics look better and they gave Ada a knife to use for both Assignment Ada and The Mercenaries in addition to Separate Ways.

Seriously I don't understand why she originally didn't have a knife to use like Leon and Krauser did I mean she was shown using a knife in a cutscene during the main game after all...

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm somewhere inbetween Wii edition and HD (360 or PS3).

Both contain the GameCube models and PlayStation 2 extras, but while the HD version has the 1080 resolution and textures, the Wii edition has the Wii Motion controls which makes the game easier but at the same time more fun.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm somewhere inbetween Wii edition and HD (360 or PS3).

Both contain the GameCube models and PlayStation 2 extras, but while the HD version has the 1080 resolution and textures, the Wii edition has the Wii Motion controls which makes the game easier but at the same time more fun.

I'm with you. The Wii Edition was a great novelty and probably even one of the best experiences the Wii has to offer just due to how great and fun the motion controls are. It's just a shame Playstation couldn't replicate that same experience for RE5 with the PS Move. But, if you're looking for a traditional experience, I'd go with the HD version from last gen since the one for current consoles brought some strange issues with them, even if very minor.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm with you. The Wii Edition was a great novelty and probably even one of the best experiences the Wii has to offer just due to how great and fun the motion controls are. It's just a shame Playstation couldn't replicate that same experience for RE5 with the PS Move. But, if you're looking for a traditional experience, I'd go with the HD version from last gen since the one for current consoles brought some strange issues with them, even if very minor.

I actually watched a livestream of the XBOX One version, it would have the surround channels go dead silent at random times for some reason. But that was better than nothing, because they said that Ultimate HD Edition on Steam would do nothing but crash for them.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I actually watched a livestream of the XBOX One version, it would have the surround channels go dead silent at random times for some reason. But that was better than nothing, because they said that Ultimate HD Edition on Steam would do nothing but crash for them.

I don't think I experienced anything like that on Xbox One. I will say though, that maybe the game just wasn't meant for 60 FPS. Sound effects are often delayed such as gun shots and door sounds, almost as if the sound couldn't keep up with the animation. I think it also made one of the reloading animations a little weird. Also, I hate that if you stay on the dashboard or use another app for too long while the game is running, that the screen goes black for a while and even signs you out when you get back into the game. I think one time, the game just remained black forcing me to restart. Never experienced anything like that with any other game.

Oh, and I don't know if it's just me, but when I aim, instead of aiming forward, sometimes Leon aims all the way to his left or right which is annoying because it leaves me open for attack. I don't know if maybe I'm aiming prematurely while still holding the other stick or what, but that's never been an issue with me before.

1995umk3

PC one because the mouse/kb. That last run I did on the PC many years ago was the best run I ever did in RE4.. but this RE4 on the PC had standard graphics, it didn't look like the ps2 or gamecube or anything it was so watered down but it ran so smooth that I can see more frames.

Top Bottom