• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Resident Evil characters had the hardest life

Fishcakes

Just something that popped into my head.
I know a lot of characters in resi have been through some pretty rough times but I was wondering who people thought had the hardest life out of all of them. (By this I mean main characters like Chris, Jill, Ethan, etc)
I'd probably say Chris just because of all the stuff he's been through, losing partners, whole squads of his men (which are like family to him) & the fact that he's still kicking ass in resident 8, in which I'm pretty sure he's around 50? (correct me if I'm wrong) like it's pretty messed up still being in that type of job when your his age, but what'd u guys think

Turo602

The King of Kings
How come?
Because as much as you can feel sorry for characters like Chris, Jill, Leon, or Claire, they were all adults when they experienced their first outbreaks. They all pursued lives that revolve around BOWs meaning they're all mentally equipped to deal with their hardships. Sure, they've all had hard lives like Leon being blackmailed to work for the government, Chris constantly dealing with loss, and Jill losing control of her own body for 3 whole years. But they're all tough grownups.

Sherry and Natalia on the other hand were only children when they were exposed to horrific outbreaks and lost their parents as a result. They became someone else's problem and were robbed of their childhoods and still couldn't escape into normal lives and Natalia probably got the worst of it.

Fishcakes

Because as much as you can feel sorry for characters like Chris, Jill, Leon, or Claire, they were all adults when they experienced their first outbreaks. They all pursued lives that revolve around BOWs meaning they're all mentally equipped to deal with their hardships. Sure, they've all had hard lives like Leon being blackmailed to work for the government, Chris constantly dealing with loss, and Jill losing control of her own body for 3 whole years. But they're all tough grownups.

Sherry and Natalia on the other hand were only children when they were exposed to horrific outbreaks and lost their parents as a result. They became someone else's problem and were robbed of their childhoods and still couldn't escape into normal lives and Natalia probably got the worst of it.
Good point, as I said I was more thinking of the main characters but if we're talking about anyone you have a really good point

Turo602

The King of Kings
Good point, as I said I was more thinking of the main characters but if we're talking about anyone you have a really good point
Ah, I figured they'd qualify since they were playable and pretty significant to the games they were in. But if you're talking strictly the main recurring characters, that's a pretty tough one.

I think I'd lean more into Leon or Jill though. Those goddamn Redfields seem to have actively made it their life's mission to combat bio-terror whereas Leon was kinda dealt a sh*tty hand and never really seems to be happy about it. Jill had the whole PTSD thing in the RE3 remake and was conscious of the 3 years she spent as Wesker's slave. I'd imagine that would have given her some pretty messed up trauma that the games have seriously failed to explore.

Fishcakes

M
Ah, I figured they'd qualify since they were playable and pretty significant to the games they were in. But if you're talking strictly the main recurring characters, that's a pretty tough one.

I think I'd lean more into Leon or Jill though. Those goddamn Redfields seem to have actively made it their life's mission to combat bio-terror whereas Leon was kinda dealt a sh*tty hand and never really seems to be happy about it. Jill had the whole PTSD thing in the RE3 remake and was conscious of the 3 years she spent as Wesker's slave. I'd imagine that would have given her some pretty messed up trauma that the games have seriously failed to explore.
Oh yea, I was more meaning the recurring crew but I see what you mean. Your right about Jill to, would've been pretty hard, wesker was lying pretty low but she still would've done some pretty horrible stuff.
I've been playing the games through again and Chris really starts to get pretty messed up from re6 onwards

Murderer Enshrined

For me, it is Jill who has had the hardest life. Chris has a habit of losing his partners, but it doesn't really seem to bother him. He seems so much more fixated on and obsessed with Umbrella. It's Jill who's on all kinds of antidepressants after losing so many of her colleagues. At least she actually seems to care. And those who care suffer more.

Ikawaru

Steve. I mean there's some serious tough luck when your father gets caught selling Umbrella secrets and getting thrown in the can together, then having to take out his zombified old man and THEN getting mutated with t-veronica and dying right in front of probably the only woman who would consider dating him.

Poor Steve.

Top Bottom