• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Jill ship is the best?

Which ships the best?

• Jill & Barry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jill & Leon

• Jill and Wesker (for some reason this is a thing)

• Something else? Leave in comments

• Total voters

Fishcakes

With Jill being a huge character in Resident Evil I wanted to see what everyone thinks about her with other characters. It's confusing who she's into because she's pretty flirty to a lot of different people. I know it says that Chris and Jill are together on a lot of websites but there hasn't actually been any hard proof that they are a couple. I personally don't think Jill and Wesker should be a thing but it's popular so I'll add it.
Jill & Leon is just a really popular mix of two of the most famous resi characters to date.
Jill and Barry are just great friends so it's obvious why some fans would think their a thing or could be a strong ship.
And Carlos and Jill seem to be into each-other in the re3 original and remake even though they go seperate ways and don't see each other again? (From what I know)
so who's the best ship?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't ship too much in RE but I would say Carlos. I don't think Chris is emotionally available for anyone but I really don't think he would be a good match for Jill romantically. Barry is married, I don't see her being able to put up with Leon and the Wesker idea is interesting but I think it would be out of character for Jill to get with him post mansion incident. Pre? Maybe. Post? Nah.

Fishcakes

I don't ship too much in RE but I would say Carlos. I don't think Chris is emotionally available for anyone but I really don't think he would be a good match for Jill romantically. Barry is married, I don't see her being able to put up with Leon and the Wesker idea is interesting but I think it would be out of character for Jill to get with him post mansion incident. Pre? Maybe. Post? Nah.
Yea I don't ship to much either but I was scrolling on reddit and there's so much fan art for it, & Yea I agree with Wesker completely. Even before the mansion Jill wasn't as friendly with him as she was with others, I think he might've been a bit interested. I've also heard that their ship went crazy after re5 but I can't really agree with that because she was brain washed, the only reason she was with him.
I get what you mean about Chris, especially with all the little snarks he says about seeing cute girls n all that stuff.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah people in the fandom ship a lot of crazy things, and I know I've shipped crack before, but the Wesker/Jill RE5 thing went overboard for me. I know not everything in fanfic/fanart is canon but that was just a stretch for the realm of believability.

I've always had a soft spot for Carlos, especially RE3R Carlos, and my personal headcanon for why we haven't seen or heard from Jill since RE5 is that she and Carlos are somewhere retired together.

Fishcakes

Yea definitely, I'm not a fan of it but apparently a lot of people are so idk.
Carlos is sick so I agree with you on that, and it'd be cool if they were together but it says
"He Went Back To South America After The Racoon City Incident. Carlos and Jill were able to leave Racoon City in a helicopter. After that, he decided to leave the United States through Mexico. Eventually, Carlos returned to Latin America." Which rules it out, but in our imaginations they can be together haha

Ikawaru

I've always had a soft spot for Carlos, especially RE3R Carlos

Yeah Carlos is pretty cool. Capcom omitted the fact that he was actually a Communist revolutionary in South America but his band got slaughtered and Carlos sold to umbrella as a hired gun, due to America's "Commie scare" that's still quite prevalent to this day even though the USSR disbanded 30 years ago.

In any case, I always thought Jill and Carlos would be quite romantically compatible, should they decide to ever retire from their careers of kicking BOW ass that is. Ass kicking business takes precedent over settling down and raising a family of course.

Fishcakes

Yeah Carlos is pretty cool. Capcom omitted the fact that he was actually a Communist revolutionary in South America but his band got slaughtered and Carlos sold to umbrella as a hired gun, due to America's "Commie scare" that's still quite prevalent to this day even though the USSR collapsed 20 years ago.

In any case, I always thought Jill and Carlos would be quite romantically compatible, should they decide to ever retire from their careers of kicking BOW ass that is. Ass kicking business takes precedent over settling down and raising a family of course.
Definitely agree with you on that one. Everyone seems to like Jill and Carlos, pity he's only in resi 3 and Umbrella Chronicles, you'd think they'd bring him back in a few games in the coming years. A new game with Jill and Carlos could be sick if done by the right people.

RipvanX

Don’t forget Jill and Parker as well, but there’s no romance there either. I did like their chemistry together but when Chris and Jill team up and he says “Maybe he’s taken Jessica” I always cringe at the thought. I feel Chris looks at her more as a sister and friend than anything else. Despite my distaste for REmake 3 I did like the characters a lot more and the witty flirty tension between Carlos and Jill was great. I would ship Jill and Carlos as well since they actually went through hardship together and not in separate scenarios.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah I think how flirty they were in the original was dependent solely on the course you decided to take. The remake eliminated the options and went with the flirty storyline and I'm not mad at it.

Fishcakes

Yeah I think how flirty they were in the original was dependent solely on the course you decided to take. The remake eliminated the options and went with the flirty storyline and I'm not mad at it.
Yea it was really good I thought. Apart from the fact they missed out on a lot of scenes from the original I thought would be sick to have been reimagined.
The Carlos/Jill arc was really nice. From all the witty remarks to when they actually started to (maybe?) catch some feelings for each other. It's a sad ending that they don't go somewhere together because it has potential

RipvanX

Yea it was really good I thought. Apart from the fact they missed out on a lot of scenes from the original I thought would be sick to have been reimagined.
The Carlos/Jill arc was really nice. From all the witty remarks to when they actually started to (maybe?) catch some feelings for each other. It's a sad ending that they don't go somewhere together because it has potential
There is also that one screenshot in the OG where Jill and Carlos are embracing each other other while looking out at sea so yeah at some point Capcom was making a move to ship them together. Chris holds her for like 20 seconds in RE5 and that's it, even after 3 years of her being "dead."

Fishcakes

There is also that one screenshot in the OG where Jill and Carlos are embracing each other other while looking out at sea so yeah at some point Capcom was making a move to ship them together. Chris holds her for like 20 seconds in RE5 and that's it, even after 3 years of her being "dead."
Yea Carlos is more jills type, Chris doesn't have the time or the commitment to have something serious with Jill in my opinion. No matter how confusing it is. The original script for the first resident evil movie was going to make them have a relationship but they caned it.

Ikawaru

I heard a rumor a long long time ago that Jill had a potential romantic interest in Forrest Speyer, and something could have blossomed there.....until he was pecked to death by crows. Chris and Jill always had a respect and affection towards each other but nothing of the romantic sort, I believe the story goes anyway.

Fishcakes

Resident Evils relationship stuff is really confusing. Every game it feels like they make your interactions with a side character a bit flirty. re3, re5, etc etc.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
After REmake3, I ship Jill and Carlos full sail.

REmake3 actually made me like Carlos a lot more both in looks and personality. Kinda disappointed they never followed up on how he’s been but who knows if that could change since they did recently release the remake of 3.

But yeah there’s something charming about the idea of those two together. They had way more chemistry than Jill and Chris did in any of the games.
Jill and Chris just seem like your typical forced concept of romance - especially when there really isn’t much intimacy shown between the two… it’s just kinda said to be there sometimes depending on the game you play.

Top Bottom