• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Which is the best Shotgun?

Which Shotgun is the best?

• 1st Shotgun

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Riot Gun

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Striker

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

Which Shotgun is the best or your favorite? And why?

I'm always torn between Riot Gun range vs Striker capacity.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
On a fresh game, I use the Striker so I can take advantage of the exclusive capacity upgrade in time for the Bulldozer section.
New Game Plus, I use the Riot Gun for the range and a narrower spread than the Striker, and I like it aesthetically more than that Pump-action Shotgun.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think riot is the best, probably had more fire power

But when Striker is available i take it because of the unique feature regarding ammo capacity

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Striker easily. 100 shells; enough said.

You shouldn't ever need 100 shells even on pro otherwise you're doing something wrong imo.

I chose the Riot Gun due to it's functionality. It has the best maneuverability while aiming as well as a narrower damage spread that makes well placed shots more effective. The spread on the Striker is godawful.

mert20004

You shouldn't ever need 100 shells even on pro otherwise you're doing something wrong imo.

I chose the Riot Gun due to it's functionality. It has the best maneuverability while aiming as well as a narrower damage spread that makes well placed shots more effective. The spread on the Striker is godawful.
I use the riot gun on castle actually. Yeah narrower damage spread is nice since the plaga parasites in castle can instantly kill you and that's kinda where riot gun shines, more so than the normal shotgun.

Though ı still swap it for striker once it becomes available cause ı like the 100 capacity upgrade and it takes less space on inventory.

I think the worst shotgun in re4 has to be ada's shotgun; it doesnt have that good impact imo compared to others and you cant upgrade weapons in separate ways.

Murrdogg93

I think riot is the best, probably had more fire power

But when Striker is available i take it because of the unique feature regarding ammo capacity
Both have same close range firepower, but Riot Gun has better long range damage & shoulder aim for easier to headshot, while Striker had higher capacity & wider spread for great up close shooting.

1995umk3

When I played this game a looong time ago.. I used the striker as it made me more safe moving around the game and actually finally helping me get closer to beating the game for once.

dasdasdasd

To be honest I really like the first shotgun, nothing more nothing less. The riot shotgun and the striker really didn't interest me all that much. reading their descriptions was enough for me not to buy them, yeah I know its a very dumb reason, but hey, It worked out in the end. I would upgrade firepower and then capacity, but capacity I only upgraded it once, that means I just had 8 bullets. This was on normal difficulty, now I will try to do the same thing, but on professional.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
There are no "best" shotgun unless you give a situation where you're going to use it. Each one of them have some advantages.

I like the look of the Village Shotgun, but it is stupid slow to aim. But it has a medium wide spread and that can work in most situations. The Riot Shotgun is better at longer distance, and it is faster to aim. But why would you use a shotgun at long range? I also did not like the plastic look.

The Striker is better at short range as it has the wideset spread.

I tried to keep my accuracy at 100% and I did it on most chapters. A few times it was almost 100%.
I don't know how the game determine if a fired shotgun hit or miss the enemy? I'm almost sure that hitting with a small number of pellets counts as a miss. As I can recall it, I got lower accuracy when I used a shotgun so this was one reason for preferring other guns.

Mr.R

If we go by the looks alone, I would say the first shotgun, but it's hard to compete with the Striker's 100 shells capacity when fully upgraded, even if it's worst shotgun for aiming (since Leon aims from the hips), but still...with 100 shells on your gun, you can afford not being 100% precise, and by the end of the game, I normally don't use the shotgun to any serious fight, so it's pretty much a ganado killer at this point.

Top Bottom