• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which buddy system do you prefer?

Which buddy system do you prefer?

• RE1,2,3,Remake where NPC buddy are scripted and players have zero control

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • RE Zero & Outbreak: players have some control on the buddy and buddy shares weapon/ammo and dies

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • RE4: players can only give out simple commands, and buddy can die.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • RE5: players have alot of control & total management over buddy, buddy shares weapons/ammo & dies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RE6: player give simple commands, buddy has their own weapon unlmt ammo & doesn't get hurt

• RE Revelation: Like RE6 but less effective & no control & no scripted deaths

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • RE Racoon City: Gears of War type with basic commands & special skills

• Total voters

potato

Since RE1 we more or less have this buddy system, and it has evolved from a simple NPC to a more complex system. So which buddy system do you prefer?

Here we discuss more on playing with A.I buddies.

While RE5 system was frustrating when the A.I decides to unload all the ammos on non essential enemies, it gives player more connection with the buddy since you have to assign the right weapon & ammo amount & Health items and the A.I act as a good luggage box. Also A.I in 5 act more realistic as in they'd die if you go on your own and you'd die too on higher difficulties. It's the same as your wife spending your money you tend to be more proactive in managing it.

While it's harder in RE5 as the buddy can die anytime during combat, they made it a cake walk for RE6 where i just let the buddy handle the enemies with their infinite ammo & infinite health bar. They'd still die under certain situations but not in a normal fight. However you can't assign weapons & items to them.

RE Revelations made it abit harder by making the buddy weapon less effective and splitting you up alot with the buddy. The buddy won't die but they also won't save you from dying unless you got caught and they happen to be shooting.

RE Zero & Outbreak gave you some control and "in game" management like RE5 where you can distribute resource among the buddies and they do die if you made the wrong decisions. More realistic feel but also much harder to play esp on Outbreaks since there's no save your buddy system.

While RE1,2,3 is more like scripted where your actions do determine their fate.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
I'd choose Ashley over Sheva anyday....at least Ashley can hide and doesn't consume a ****load of ammo or carelessly use first aid sprays.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I liked the RE0 and Outbreak system the best. It just appeals to me more. I also didn't mind the RE4 version. And I think the RE5/RE6 version is great for when my brother wants to play RE with me.

Popo

I dont really like having "buddies" on horror games, but I can still say I like how Outbreak does it, it's really cool.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
I said Revelations because if I had to have someone around, I would rather not have to worry about them and their capabilities levels thanks to crazy A.I. Also, there were many times that Parker (or Jessica, Quint, or Chris) helped me out, but there were many times that I'm sure that if Parker (and co.) could have died, my death count would have been high LOL.

Top Bottom