• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

When will the Resident Evil Franchise die?

When will the Resident Evil franchise die?

• NEVER!!!

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • in 2012

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • in 2015

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • in 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • in 2025

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, please state

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • It's dead already...

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Zombie Enclave

Probably before Street Fighter ends.

God knows when that series ends....probably at Street Fighter II Super Turbo HD Remix 3D Edition DOUBLE PLUS GOLDEN EDITION.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Uhmmm, I don't think we can put a date on this until we hear about new games coming out, lol...

There's still a lot they can do with the series, and despite people getting annoyed with the plagas thing, some 90% of the games in the series actually centre around zombies.

If they deviate away from RE much more in the main canonical series, I think it could die (worst case scenario, but I think that it will become a game for new fans and the old fans will just abandon it). But like I said, we've had no news yet to make any decisions.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I kinda voted for "It's Dead Already . . ."

But that's because It's us fan's keeping the hole Resi thing going haha I geuss you get a few people that give the series a go, but there not like us lot haha.

Kellyrose

I think it will be, or should be, done with the next official game. Yes, there is a lot they can do with the plot, but Resident Evil has always been a great series, and all the sequels and spin offs only cheapen it. It's never a good thing to beat a story line to death, and four numbered sequels (in my opinion) have done just that.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Kellyrose;58605 said:
Resident Evil has always been a great series, and all the sequels and spin offs only cheapen it.

I feel that is true with RE5 (too actiony, no atmosphere, just another war-style game with a vague RE storyline), but what about games like RE Outbreak? I think that they actually enrich the storyline with more accounts of civilian survivors, and not just police/army members like the main series games predominantly use (Claire Redfield aside, since she's a college student). I get all teary when I hear the title music because it's got such emotion to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i229ZGDegkc

My favourite part of the RE story was actually the Raccoon City outbreak, which is part of the sequels and spin-offs - outbreaks of zombie viruses always interest me and sadden me, especially thinking of how you're pretty much inevitably going to die or how you may have to kill off family and friends.

I think that REmakes and Director's Cuts also enhance the series, and I wish they'd do that with RE2 and RE3!!

Well, that's my opinion anyway... you don't have to agree with that obviously.

Requiem

The game and story may change, but I think the name will live on, through movies and games. Resident Evil is not something that's just going to die out, it's just going to keep getting better and better.

codename: HUNK

As far as I'm concerened, the series died when RE4 came out. I don't mean to offend any fans of the game, but I was saddened to discover that the greatest survival-horrer game of all time would never be the same.

Popo

i agree with you, i know the reason they wont stop making those stupid ganado games, they're only interest is, to make money, we all complain about the game, but we've all bought it, and that's what matters to them, to sell, not if we like or not, lke it happened with RE4 and RE5, we didnt like the storyline and enemies, but we still bought it, lets start a petition to make a remake of 2 and 3 ? xD xD

teal27

I think Resident Evil will always live on in some form or another, as cheesy as that sounds. Whether by name or memory, it's pretty hard for something so epical to just "die off".

nemesis_lover

I think we may see new Resident Evil games for a very long time. Just look at Capcom as a company, they have built up huge franchises such as Mega Man and Street Fighter. They know how to make a quick buck, like with Street Fighter, they must be over 10 versions of Street Fighter 2 and every fan will buy these.
When they remade RE1 and RE0 for the Wii, fans still went out and bought them, either to play them or just for their collections.
Capcom will never give up the Resident Evil franchise, they can do what the hell they want, even make Resident Evil 6 based on Barry killing Zombies, fans will buy it lol.
I don't want to sound angry at Capcom, but I very much love the Resident Evil franchise, I grew up with the games and i'd hate to see it get hated each time a new game comes out. Before RE4, the series was in a nice place, after a series of great games on the ps1 and C.V. I thought the series could of ended on C.V or maybe just tie up a few loose ends in a RE on the ps2.
I remember thinking this before RE5 came out, but lets see what RE6 has to offer, sure they will make remakes or ports of the games we've already played the hell out of, but still i'm very interested in what RE6 has to offer. RE5 had a nice story and was paced well, but let's be honest it was RE4 in HD at the end of the day.

Top Bottom