• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats the scariest main story line?

Whats the scaries main Resident evil main series game?

• Resident Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • resident evil remake

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • resident evil 0

• resident evil 2

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • resident evil 3:Nemisis

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • resident evil 4

• resident evil 5

• resident evil code veronica

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Resident evil survivor

• resident evil Revelations

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
REmake. Being out in the dark in the middle of a forest and then watching rabid dogs eat your friend alive, then to be chased into a mansion you think would be safe, only to find it's a house of horrors and traps. Not to mention the whole story of Lisa and George Trevor. Trevor being trapped and dying inside the very mansion he built and Lisa being experimented on with multiple viruses and becoming a horrific mutated monster, while still kind of retaining a conscience, as pointed out by her call for her mother during that one eerie cutscene.

Resident Evil 0's story probably comes in second.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
REmake. Being out in the dark in the middle of a forest and then watching rabid dogs eat your friend alive, then to be chased into a mansion you think would be safe, only to find it's a house of horrors and traps. Not to mention the whole story of Lisa and George Trevor. Trevor being trapped and dying inside the very mansion he built and Lisa being experimented on with multiple viruses and becoming a horrific mutated monster, while still kind of retaining a conscience, as pointed out by her call for her mother during that one eerie cutscene.

Resident Evil 0's story probably comes in second.
It's funny, we choose the two that are still horror based with the best graphics...I wonder if they REmade two or three if we'd choose them...Because I agree, 0 comes second...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
You know mine is a tie between REmake and Code Veronica. I voted REmake because of it's overall eeriness through out the game, but Code Veronica had some pretty scary moments too. For example, the very start of the game in the grave yard scared the hell out of me when I first played it. Then you have the creepy castles, nosferatu, the zombies, and all those moments that made you jump out of your seat. Neptune got me though, so I had to vote REmake. Also, it has an overall better storyline because it makes more sense, Code Veronica is kind of silly, but in an awesome way. I love Alfred and Steve and the whole gang in that game, but I gotta admit REmake has the best characters.

Reactions: Xi.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
You know mine is a tie between REmake and Code Veronica. I voted REmake because of it's overall eeriness through out the game, but Code Veronica had some pretty scary moments too. For example, the very start of the game in the grave yard scared the hell out of me when I first played it. Then you have the creepy castles, nosferatu, the zombies, and all those moments that made you jump out of your seat. Neptune got me though, so I had to vote REmake. Also, it has an overall better storyline because it makes more sense, Code Veronica is kind of silly, but in an awesome way. I love Alfred and Steve and the whole gang in that game, but I gotta admit REmake has the best characters.
Neptune hungry for a Jill sandwich.:D That, and walking up to Lisa's cabin were nerve racking for me.

Xi.

Ah yes, and those traps/puzzles were nerve racking as well. Probably the best zombies are in REmake... I wish they'd bring back the Crimson heads!
Don't we all wish that? But of course as time goes on, So does the main storyline, so biological engineering of the T-virus will advance, example, T-Abyss, T+G, and so on.

Time goes on, but so does the RE terror.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Don't we all wish that? But of course as time goes on, So does the main storyline, so biological engineering of the T-virus will advance, example, T-Abyss, T+G, and so on.

I think RE can still scare us...Despite what others say about it becoming nothing more than a Gears of War rip off...

Xi.

I think RE can still scare us...Despite what others say about it becoming nothing more than a Gears of War rip off...
That's the problem with this world today, everybody compares one thing with another that currently exists.

Our wold is changing, technology is advancing, so of course if we'd stick with the traditional tanky controls of the old school RE games, on the current consoles, how would that look? Very unappealing in my books, but considering we're all RE lovers, we'd still enjoy it nonetheless.

So Capcom is probably thinking, "Hey, Gamecube has great graphics engine, and we got a crazy idea, over the shoulder perspective!" RE4 was a revolutionary change in the RE franchise, and brought in a new fan base, but kept the old fan base also.

The verdict is though, with today's technology, there would be no choice but to spice things up a bit, over the shoulder perspective, rail shooters, really all in all, it's the story, and that's all that should matter. Variety is the spice of life.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.

You know I was thinking about that... Shouldn't the zombies be faster as the virus advances and evolves? It seems they were at their peak of evolution in REmake. Maybe RE6 will catch onto this with fast zombies, I already read they'll be smarter and carry weapons. Dunno how I feel about them carrying weapons, but having them chase after you like they do in 28 days later would surely be challenging. They could also change their speeds in your difficulty settings, for example: If you play as an amateur you'll get shambling, slow walking regular zombies, but if you play as a veteran they'll be chasing after you in hordes and you'll have limited ammo. Just a thought ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's the problem with this world today, everybody compares one thing with another that currently exists.

Our wold is changing, technology is advancing, so of course if we'd stick with the traditional tanky controls of the old school RE games, on the current consoles, how would that look? Very unappealing in my books, but considering we're all RE lovers, we'd still enjoy it nonetheless.

So Capcom is probably thinking, "Hey, Gamecube has great graphics engine, and we got a crazy idea, over the shoulder perspective!" RE4 was a revolutionary change in the RE franchise, and brought in a new fan base, but kept the old fan base also.

The verdict is though, with today's technology, there would be no choice but to spice things up a bit, over the shoulder perspective, rail shooters, really all in all, it's the story, and that's all that should matter. Variety is the spice of life.
That's why I keep coming back to RE..It's the only video game series out there with a story I just fell in love with...That's why I love all of them including RE4 and 5...Hell, 4 is my favorite tied with REmake...I mean, changing it doesn't make it any worse...Even if we are all used to something different...

Xi.

You know I was thinking about that... Shouldn't the zombies be faster as the virus advances and evolves? It seems they were at their peak of evolution in REmake. Maybe RE6 will catch onto this with fast zombies, I already read they'll be smarter and carry weapons. Dunno how I feel about them carrying weapons, but having them chase after you like they do in 28 days later would surely be challenging. They could also change their speeds in your difficulty settings, for example: If you play as an amateur you'll get shambling, slow walking regular zombies, but if you play as a veteran they'll be chasing after you in hordes and you'll have limited ammo. Just a thought ;)
Precisely the point, we're most likely never going to see the old zombies we all love and fear the same way anymore, which is disheartening, but change is inevitable but it's always for the better, and that is definitely something to think about.

That's why I keep coming back to RE..It's the only video game series out there with a story I just fell in love with...That's why I love all of them including RE4 and 5...Hell, 4 is my favorite tied with REmake...I mean, changing it doesn't make it any worse...Even if we are all used to something different...
I still enjoy playing RE4 to this day, It was a revolutionary change in the franchise, and a highly needed one as well.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Precisely the point, we're most likely never going to see the old zombies we all love and fear the same way anymore, which is disheartening, but change is inevitable but it's always for the better, and that is definitely something to think about.

I still enjoy playing RE4 to this day, It was a revolutionary change in the franchise, and a highly needed one as well.

I think we're always gonna see the old zombies, just because Capcom will never abandon them as RE's roots...But it will just be for nostalgia, and will never be the focus of a game...

And I agree, it did need it...RE as a series was failing until RE4...RE4 rejuvenated the series, and went on to become the most well known game in the series...winning awards like Game of the Year, Game with Best Graphics, Game with Best Story, and loads more...

Xi.

I think we're always gonna see the old zombies, just because Capcom will never abandon them as RE's roots...But it will just be for nostalgia, and will never be the focus of a game...

And I agree, it did need it...RE as a series was failing until RE4...RE4 rejuvenated the series, and went on to become the most well known game in the series...winning awards like Game of the Year, Game with Best Graphics, Game with Best Story, and loads more...
I'm sure we'll still see them, just not how we used to see them, that, or how you put as nostalgia.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

Really? I did'nt know RE4 got game of the year.

Wow I think I made a thread worth while I have never had this many replys over night. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom