• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's better: the resulting movie or George A. Romero's original screenplay?

What's better, the resulting movie or the rejected screenplay?

• The resulting movie

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • The screenplay by George A. Romero

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Can't decide - they're both great!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Can't decide - they both suck!!

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
DAMN! if they would of made the movie just like that script...it would of been AWSOME!! Why didnt they use that?

wpstudart

I think both are great, but I think it would be interesting if I saw both. But in the Resident Evil Point of view, George A. Romero is better.

D

Deleted member 1428

It was really cool and even better than the real movie but why did Jill and Chris um.. you know... "Do it"?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
@ Romero: LOL xD

@ Nemises: yeah, that was the only thing bugging me about the script... it was weird :\

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Just read Romeros Script... and although it feels a little short and is missing something (cant put a finger on what though)... i liked it. :)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Yeah, I know what you mean... there is something a little lacking

but not as much as the gaping hole in the resulting film :(

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
wolfgirl;51450 said:
Yeah, I know what you mean... there is something a little lacking

but not as much as the gaping hole in the resulting film :(

although, the real film had its flaws... i thought it flowed MUCH better then this.

Romeros script felt rushed, with monsters and zombies popping up all the time everywhere... thus, kind off killing the suspense i thought they at least had in the real one.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I didn't really feel much suspense... the whole thing felt like, well, levels in a videogame (which RE series doesn't have!)... like, this was the section with the laser room then the section with the train etc. I don't feel it flowed :S and superpowers SHOULDN'T happen :(

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
wolfgirl;51476 said:
I didn't really feel much suspense... the whole thing felt like, well, levels in a videogame (which RE series doesn't have!)... like, this was the section with the laser room then the section with the train etc. I don't feel it flowed :S and superpowers SHOULDN'T happen :(

and Romeros script didnt?
his script felt even more like the levels of a videogame, they get into the mansion, shoot zombies, get into labs, shoot zombies and uber-things.
and there were monsters popping up EVERYWHERE! all the time. At least in the real movie, it took a little time untill we first see the zombies, and there is only ONE ubermonster... in romeros script they are all over the place, ALL THE TIME, which kind off ruins the supsense and feeling slightly.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Maybe I'd feel differently if I had both of them as movies right in front of me...

but I was happy that Romero followed the game more than RE the movie did, and that for me was the main thing :)

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
wolfgirl;51491 said:
Maybe I'd feel differently if I had both of them as movies right in front of me...

but I was happy that Romero followed the game more than RE the movie did, and that for me was the main thing :)

Yea, that was VERY good. :)
but as i said, it still had its flaws.
but with a little working through of the script... it could become a REALLY great movie. shame they shelved it. :(

residentevilfan1994

This may sound weird, but lately I have not enjoyed Romero's zombie films (other than the first few)...especially not Survival of the Dead. The blood looked really bad, and the movie was not scary AT ALL. I will probably be assassinated by saying this, but I actually like Paul W.S. Anderson's scripts and directing. But, I do have to say...Romero's script was amazing. I think that they should make a 'Biohazard' series, and this could be the first film of that series. I like the direction the current films have taken, so they should continue with that and continue to use the 'Resident Evil' titl. I loved the Romero script and want to watch that, but I don't want Romero directing.

Vanex

Romero,

I'm not really a fan of the RE Universe that is the movies. Although I'm not in favor of everything in the script (the love interest theme we could do without), I feel this has more potential to attest to resident evils true survival horror nature.

Hopefully one day we get to see an end to the current franchise, and a proper re-boot following the events of resident evil zero and one.

slack

Romero's... even though his films have been sh!t lately.

People seem to forget that the Romero script released was only his first draft. It probably would have gotten alot better if he gotten a chance to flush it out further and do more drafts.

Top Bottom