• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What RE game had the best/most clever puzzles?

Bilbo

So puzzles are a staple in the gameplay of resident evil and often the most thought provoking part of each game. Its a shame that 5 and 6 were lacking on the puzzles. They had a few thrown in there as a novelty for adas campaign, but the rest of 6 was almost completely devoid of them. And I believe 5 only had the sun beam puzzle?

So which game had the best puzzles to you and which did you enjoy figuring out?

I thought RE3 had some of the best, the time stones in the clock tower and the water sample ones specifically because they were tough to solve. RE0 had the one where you had the read the memo about animals and the food chain and light the statues in a certain order, that was another good one. Another one I really enjoyed was the mixing of chemicals to create the V-jolt in the remake.

Agent Spike

The sliding pieces puzzle in 4, the painting puzzle in the crow's room in RE1/Remake, and the ones you mentioned.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I love all the puzzles, they're all really fun, but they aren't all "clever". The puzzles in 4 were especially simple. The first time I played Zero I found the puzzles difficult. I'm not very good at math, so I had some issues with the train brake puzzle, and then there was the animal one and the crate one (the box puzzle in 2 was so easy, but you really had to think in this one).

What I dislikes the most in RE games are the puzzles actually. Yes i'm weird but i never was too found of them. When I was a kid I always got stuck and it was just frustrating to me. >_<

Agent Spike

What I dislikes the most in RE games are the puzzles actually. Yes i'm weird but i never was too found of them. When I was a kid I always got stuck and it was just frustrating to me. >_<

Yeah, as a kid I hated the puzzles with a great passion because they would prevent me to continue with the game. Now that I'm older, I love solving them. Maybe because I have more patience than before :p

yea, for me it was even harder than for some since i'm swedish. So the english language in games wasn't easy for a 5 year old.

Bilbo

I love all the puzzles, they're all really fun, but they aren't all "clever". The puzzles in 4 were especially simple. The first time I played Zero I found the puzzles difficult. I'm not very good at math, so I had some issues with the train brake puzzle, and then there was the animal one and the crate one (the box puzzle in 2 was so easy, but you really had to think in this one).

I suppose the ones in 4 were rather simple, but all enjoyable. The sliding pieces puzzle with ashley can be a bitch sometimes!

I actually feel like RE2 has the most simple puzzles or at least AS simple as 4. Come to think of it RE2 doesnt even have many real puzzles aside from the statue pushing, the library one, and the one in the basement that gains access to the weapon storage. They're mostly key and item based other than those.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree RE3 had the best puzzles it randomizes so that you can't breeze through it in the second play-through.. RE2 just had a sh!t ton of locked doors.. not many puzzles.

Top Bottom