• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 What is your favorite weapon in Resident Evil 5?

Leonhart

Well... I don't know if this kind of thread had already been asked in this forums
but anyway, my favorite weapon is:
-AK74
-Dragunov SVD
-S&W M500
-Proximity Bomb

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Oh this is going to be tough for me

Well there is Smith and Wesson model 500, just so d**n satisfying,
Berreta M92F, I love berretas so I had to mention this
Samurai Edge, just so d**n satisfying and it is a berreta
Berreta M93R, another Berreta
IRL, I love having fun by making hundreds of explosions
Desert Eagle, I love Desert Eagles
Every other weapon, I just love them

So I can't really choose. So far my top favorites is a tie with the Smith and Wesson Model 500, Desert Eagle, IRL, the Samuria Edge, and the Berreta PX4.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I like three. I like the M92F, the first machine gun you get, and the first Magnum. Everything else I just let my buddy pick up/sell.

teal27

M29F
Ithaca
Dragunov SVD

The Hydra is very cool as well but I tend to pick the Ithaca over it just because I'm used to it and its speed.

I also love that older model bolt-action rifle. It's name escapes me at the moment but I've always thought that rifle was so rustic and cool, plus I really like the animation of the characters reloading after each shot.

But I find my aim has to be top-notch when I use that one, and typically it isn't, so I stick with the Dragunov. :)

We Are Ninja

The L. Hawk. It's like a hand-held missle launcher with a decent rate of fire. Second would be the M92F. Relatively weak, but can fire as fast as you can hit the trigger...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Anyone else like to keep things simple and stick to the starting handgun? I can play through nearly the whole game with it and still use it on bosses?

teal27

STAR_738;61384 said:
Edit:
... and Chris' big guns as well... (his arms)

Aw, MAN! Why didn't I think of that?! I have him utilize those babies regularly. . .

They defintely sport the best in-game animation, that's fer sure. :rolleyes:

And yes, aintnoscrub, I keep the M29F with my character throughout the whole game. I just find it to be the best handgun out of all of them.

We Are Ninja

I just unlocked infinite ammo for the Lightning Hawk. You squeeze off one shot and watch 4 Majini and dog fall over... Sub-bosses that were formidable on the first playthrough are target practice now...

Desert Eagle FTW. o_O

We Are Ninja

The M93R now sits beside the L.Hawk as my favorite. I unlocked infinite ammo for it last night and it is AWESOME. 400 points of damage per bullet and can fire as fast as you can press the button since it's semi-automatic. Literally. If you can press the fire button fast enough it shoots faster than the machine guns but does WAY more damage per bullet fired. Aesthetically speaking, it's not the prettiest handgun, but it's definitely the most devastating of the non-Magnums.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
The M9 you start off with, fully tuned and I think it's the best handgun because you get headshots so easy it's best. or PSG1 sniper!! good for cleaning up areas lol

We Are Ninja

^ It is good for headshots.

The only problem is that since it maxes out at 250 points of damage, you NEED it's headshot perk otherwise you'll be pumping lots of bullets into enemies to get them to fall...

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
That's all the guster I can muster out of this game, Use the standard M9 the hole time and get as many headshots as you can, that's about as survival horror as this game gets for me haha if that makes sence

Heavern

I like sticking with the H&K guns. I'll have the P8 pistol, MP5, and the PSG-1. I don't really have a good inventory at the moment, but I think the rest of my spaces I will keep ammo.

I just thought of a brilliant idea (I'm sure I'm not the first), give the Longbow only to Sheva, then she can't waste any of my precious ammo!

Top Bottom