• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Survivor 2: Code Veronica What is this game?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I've seen a lot of it, and in my opinion, I think it's the worst Resident Evil game to be created. Think of it like the original Gun Survivor mixed in with Code Veronica, sounds great right...unfortunatly no. The story is disappointing, basically it's Claire on Rockfort Island trying to escape with Steve, except it's all nightmare, and I'm not kidding, I mean it's literally a nightmare, a dream, a big utter disappointment, and to make the story worse Nemesis appears, how and why Claire is dreaming of Nemesis doesn't make any sense since Claire never seen Nemesis. The graphics are blegh, they are possibly the ugliest graphics I've seen for a PS2 game, and that's saying alot since it was released around the same time as Resident Evil Code: Veronica on the PS2 and yet comparing Code Veronica's graphics on the PS2 (Which I think look great for it's time) to Survivor 2's graphics (Which I think looks *vomits*). Not to mention that this is a lazy game, and you know that this game is a lazy game since there are no voices, all you hear are the grunts from the characters, Claire doesn't say anything, Steve doesn't say anything, no one says absoutly anything, it's just text. The gameplay is, in my opinion, boring, extremely repetitive, and not that fun. As you'll be killing zombies in a first person view along with an AI partner who likes to go on their own and leave you behind (And unless your in a small room, the AI likes to leave you), and just to make the gameplay worse you are on a time limit and if you don't make it to the end by time the timer reaches zero then Nemesis appears and if caught then he'll kill you quickly, so basically your constantly being rushed.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah, this game is Claire's dream during her flight to Antartic. I haven't played it, but the gameplay seems to be similar to CV's battle mode in first person view.
It's not canon and not really worth trying, in my opinion.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I agree Its a battle mode in first person view ( which I hate) there's no story, there's no voice acting.

Biggest reasons to not get it

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
It is the only non canon of the Survivor titles that actually had something to do with RE. You could consider it a DLC for Code Veronica if you wish. Regarding the story of it I believe it is a dream that has come true for some fans of that particular title, worth checking out if you enjoyed CVX but didnt quite like how things went during the story.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I agree Its a battle mode in first person view ( which I hate) there's no story, there's no voice acting.

Biggest reasons to not get it

In Resident Evil, no voice acting might actually be a good reason to buy the game...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
In Resident Evil, no voice acting might actually be a good reason to buy the game...
Well... not really, I like the voice acting in the newer REs I lke all voice acting in every RE game actually... exept the first 8P.

Oh and a question guys... how long is it?

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
I've seen a lot of it, and in my opinion, I think it's the worst Resident Evil game to be created. Think of it like the original Gun Survivor mixed in with Code Veronica, sounds great right...unfortunatly no. The story is disappointing, basically it's Claire on Rockfort Island trying to escape with Steve, except it's all nightmare, and I'm not kidding, I mean it's literally a nightmare, a dream, a big utter disappointment, and to make the story worse Nemesis appears, how and why Claire is dreaming of Nemesis doesn't make any sense since Claire never seen Nemesis. The graphics are blegh, they are possibly the ugliest graphics I've seen for a PS2 game, and that's saying alot since it was released around the same time as Resident Evil Code: Veronica on the PS2 and yet comparing Code Veronica's graphics on the PS2 (Which I think look great for it's time) to Survivor 2's graphics (Which I think looks *vomits*). Not to mention that this is a lazy game, and you know that this game is a lazy game since there are no voices, all you hear are the grunts from the characters, Claire doesn't say anything, Steve doesn't say anything, no one says absoutly anything, it's just text. The gameplay is, in my opinion, boring, extremely repetitive, and not that fun. As you'll be killing zombies in a first person view along with an AI partner who likes to go on their own and leave you behind (And unless your in a small room, the AI likes to leave you), and just to make the gameplay worse you are on a time limit and if you don't make it to the end by time the timer reaches zero then Nemesis appears and if caught then he'll kill you quickly, so basically your constantly being rushed.
When does Nemesis appear in CODE: Veronica..?? o_O It might just be me, but I don't remember having to fight Nemesis... If anything, a Tyrant that was on the back of the sea plane that Steve and I tried to escape with...And also, have you heard of Gun Survivor 1? xD That game must have been a joke ... It had weird, and just plain bad characters, and no plot, besides for Ark to figure out if he was Vincent or not. Also, Resident Evil Gaiden? With Leon, Barry, and Lucia? Come on, THAT must have been the worst of the series for me... :3 Not trying to bash on your opinion, but I'm sure you must have forgot about some other games of the franchise that were MUCH worse than CV. :rolleyes:

bruno

Chief Researcher
When does Nemesis appear in CODE: Veronica..?? :confused: It might just be me, but I don't remember having to fight Nemesis... If anything, a Tyrant that was on the back of the sea plane that Steve and I tried to escape with...And also, have you heard of Gun Survivor 1? xD That game must have been a joke ... It had weird, and just plain bad characters, and no plot, besides for Ark to figure out if he was Vincent or not. Also, Resident Evil Gaiden? With Leon, Barry, and Lucia? Come on, THAT must have been the worst of the series for me... :3 Not trying to bash on your opinion, but I'm sure you must have forgot about some other games of the franchise that were MUCH worse than CV. :rolleyes:

This game is not Code Veronica - it's Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica.
All that you said was right but applies to Code Veronica, not this game.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Yep, as Bruno said Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica also known as Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard Code: Veronica is another game reimagining the events of Resident Evil: Code: Veronica.
uk_cover.jpg

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
When does Nemesis appear in CODE: Veronica..?? :confused: It might just be me, but I don't remember having to fight Nemesis... If anything, a Tyrant that was on the back of the sea plane that Steve and I tried to escape with...And also, have you heard of Gun Survivor 1? xD That game must have been a joke ... It had weird, and just plain bad characters, and no plot, besides for Ark to figure out if he was Vincent or not. Also, Resident Evil Gaiden? With Leon, Barry, and Lucia? Come on, THAT must have been the worst of the series for me... :3 Not trying to bash on your opinion, but I'm sure you must have forgot about some other games of the franchise that were MUCH worse than CV. :rolleyes:
First is because of Bruno said, this isn't Code Veronica. This is Survivor 2: Code Veronica, this is not Code Veronica in first person, it's Code Veronica in first person but dumbed down and horribly made.

Second is because it's my opinion, which means my thoughts on something is going to be different than yours. I'm not going to like some stuff that you like and I'm going to like some stuff that you don't like.

Third is because I think this game is the worst out of all the games. For Gun Survivor 1, while I could care less about the story, I at least found some enjoyment out of the gameplay, while it wasen't a lot, I still enjoyed it just a little. As for Gaiden, I do hate that game, it's just that I think Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica is worse.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
First is because of Bruno said, this isn't Code Veronica. This is Survivor 2: Code Veronica, this is not Code Veronica in first person, it's Code Veronica in first person but dumbed down and horribly made.

Second is because it's my opinion, which means my thoughts on something is going to be different than yours. I'm not going to like some stuff that you like and I'm going to like some stuff that you don't like.

Third is because I think this game is the worst out of all the games. For Gun Survivor 1, while I could care less about the story, I at least found some enjoyment out of the gameplay, while it wasen't a lot, I still enjoyed it just a little. As for Gaiden, I do hate that game, it's just that I think Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica is worse.
Wow, I feel extremely stupid, for not knowing that there was a difference between CODE: Veronica (X), and Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica ... xD Hey, I already said I wasn't trying to bash on your opinion, but I now also agree, (after looking up the game) that Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica is the worst of the series, even out of the ones that have little to nothing out of them to like ... :rolleyes:

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Wow, I feel extremely stupid, for not knowing that there was a difference between CODE: Veronica (X), and Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica ... xD Hey, I already said I wasn't trying to bash on your opinion, but I now also agree, (after looking up the game) that Gun Survivor 2: Code Veronica is the worst of the series, even out of the ones that have little to nothing out of them to like ... :rolleyes:
It did have a happy ending at least ;)

TJay

Premium
It was originally an arcade game wasn't it? I got it free when I got my PS2. I was a bit disappointed by it if I'm honest, I enjoyed Survivor very much & I loved CV, so was excited to play this but it was like expecting a mountain bike and getting a zimmer frame.

I suppose it's like a primitive version of the Chronicles games. A bit of fun if you want to just shoot at things for a while, nothing special though.

Top Bottom