• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 What is the general port ranking for RE4 Titles?

RipvanX

The Gamecube was graphically superior to the PS2 port. Then the Wii edition came which felt and played differently with early motion control’s. The “HD Remaster” for PS3/4/Xbox/etc is a joke and makes the environments look ugly as sin; the cutscenes look worse than a 144p YouTube video with horrendous upscaling, especially for Separate Ways they put zero effort in. RE4 VR is supposed to be very cool but shouldn’t be played for the story. The fan HD project for PC is releasing 2/2/2022 which completely redos all textures and cutscenes which is insane.

If this was a poll I would say;

1) PC (Fan HD Remaster)
2) Wii Edition (Wiimote controls are awesome)
3) Gamecube (The OG)
4) Oculus VR (Most immersive but butchered cutscenes)
5) PS2 (Added Separate Ways but controls not as good as GC)
6) 7th/8th Gen. Console Remasters (Half-assed ports; all of them)
7) Mobile (See below)

Last edited:

Ikawaru

I dunno, I've never played the mobile edition but I think that looks and sounds pretty based :p

I've only played the Gamecube version, probably beat it 100 times until I blew a fuse in my brain that prevents me from ever playing it again....on any port. Really wish I was still a teenager with lightening quick reflexes...lol.

Last edited:

Flymystical-DJ

RE4VR should exist outside of the list because the experiences can't be compared. It undoubtedly breaks the gameplay and even the intended experience at several points but it makes every other aspect so much more visceral.

Personally, I feel the wii version is the best though. It has all the content, no bad resolutions, and controls that make the experience more enjoyable without breaking anything.

Top Bottom