• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) What if the RE2 remake included 3?

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Just an idea I wanted to throw out and see what everyone thought. Since an RE2 remake is in popular demand (and has at least some probability of coming to fruition with the success of the first), and since 3 was really supposed to be a side game to 2 which plays along the same timeline, what if when they remade 2 they did 3 as well and included it as a third campaign? I think it would be a big awesome release, and would allow Code Veronica to earn it's right to be the "true" RE3. Thoughts? Would you like to see 3 remade as well?

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
If they were done seperately I would get 2 first as well, but I just think it would make more sense in the RE universe if RE2 and 3 were ONE game with 3 campaigns, Claire, Jill, Leon. It would rival 6 in length and awesome factor as well.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
It would make sense, seeing as how 3 occurs 24 hours before 2 and concludes 48 hours after 2. It should also include three bonus scenarios: Ada's "Death's Door" scenario from Umbrella Chronicles, HUNK's "4th Survivor" scenario, and an extra scenario just for Carlos.

Fenris

Wolf :)
I really like this idea! Capcom could either make 3 scenarios (Jill, Claire and Leon) or 2 scenario with one as Leon and Claire being co-op in RE2 style (no offense, but I think it's more realistic that they survived Raccoon City as a team and not on their own) and Jills scenario as singleplayer. Jill could get involved with the story of RE2 (since RE3's story was really lame) and maybe even team up with Leon and Claire at some points. And if Code Veronica gets a remake they could call it then "Resident Evil 3 - Code Veronica" (so that people WON't get confused about it)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
It doesn't make sense to me. RE2's campaigns was revolved around Ada, Sherry, and the police station. While RE3 was the entire city, and NEMESIS

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Yeah, they both involved different characters, but in terms of timeline and location, they run right beside each other. Jill would've been at the police station the day before Leon and Claire got there. They could add in evidence of the crossing of paths that they didn't get a chance to in the original games, and solidify the storyline a bit more. For example, it would be neat to see some evidence of the Nemesis in the police station. Or if Leon could only access a certain room that Jill or Claire had already lockpicked, etc. Code Veronica was intended to be the true sequel, and feels more like a separate game to me than 3, which actually went backwards in time.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yeah, they both involved different characters, but in terms of timeline and location, they run right beside each other. Jill would've been at the police station the day before Leon and Claire got there. They could add in evidence of the crossing of paths that they didn't get a chance to in the original games, and solidify the storyline a bit more. For example, it would be neat to see some evidence of the Nemesis in the police station. Or if Leon could only access a certain room that Jill or Claire had already lockpicked, etc. Code Veronica was intended to be the true sequel, and feels more like a separate game to me than 3, which actually went backwards in time.
What do you mean "Went backwards in time?"

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I just mean that for example, RE0 was developed after RE1, but came sequentially before, so the game was named 0 to place it in timeline. RE3 actually runs a bit before RE2 (going backwards), then blanks out during and continues a little bit after. It's the only numbered title that doesn't run in sequence. CV did run in sequence, and tied up 1 and 2, but wasn't given a numbered title, which I think underrated it even though it was a major plot point (more so than 3 again, IMO).

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I would love it! The adventures of Leon, Claire and Jill could be the three main campaigns (or maybe Leon and Claire together, as someone suggested), and then maybe three extra mini-games with Hunk, Ada, and Sherry. All of them (except Hunk's, maybe) should overlap at some point. It might screw up the canon a little bit, but oh well, since Claire and Leon are never mentioned in Jill's games and vice versa, it makes no real difference whether or not they met in Raccoon City.

I could even imagine a meeting with the Wolfpack and/or Echo Six at some point. Imagine the Mercenaries game that would ensue! We could choose among a huge variety of characters.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Imagine the Mercenaries game that would ensue! We could choose among a huge variety of characters.

ooh, I didn't even think about mercenaries. Wolfpack, Echo Six, plus Jill, Claire, Leon, Chris, Ada, Sherry, Hunk. That's a pretty awesome crew =p

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It would make sense to combine the games but, instead of a repeat of Death's Door and 4th Survivor, I'd much rather see a full-length Carlos campaign. I mean the guy had to be doing something when he and Jill weren't together.

Top Bottom