• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) What if the military had came instead of USBC

Zacmac90

Say the Army or Marines were called in instead of the USBC, do you think they would have fared any better or would they have ended up like the mercenaries and RPD?

Did the government only figure out what happened after Raccoon City was destroyed, if not why didn't they send in the military?

bruno

Chief Researcher
The US Army was sent, but Umbrella managed to make them go to the P12-A Waste Incinerator Facility (AKA Dead Factory in RE3), where they fought 5 Tyrant T-103 Type, similar to the one dropped in the RPD (Mr. X). This exercise was used as combat data.
It is unknown what happened to the soldiers, but as all the 5 tyrants can be seen dead in RE3, i assume some of them survived and escaped the area.
They were carrying a rail gun, but never used it. However, Jill used it later to stop Nemesis T-Type deployed in RC.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
But to answer your question on would the militar fare better...no...I think the UBCS would because of the type of guys involved...ex cons on death row and such...people with no conciounse...

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
The UBCS (Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service - can't remember when it's explained off hand but it's certainly not USBC), as stated, is there to counteract biohazards. So you'd think they'd be a bit more appropriate for the job of a viral outbreak, they'll be briefed on the mission and who or what they'll find (although it's a possibility they may have been misled or misinformed purposely, what with Umbrella's real intentions with them being in the city and all).

The military, as Brad so correctly says. Are "not trained for this kind of situation", so they didn't know what to expect. Sure, you'd probably figure out shooting them in the head is more effective in real life and not blocking your only retreat path like a maze with cars against shambling corpses who back you into corners, but this is Resident Evil, ineptitude is of a colossal measure here. That being said, if they did join the main fray, I don't think it would've helped much.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Say the Army or Marines were called in instead of the USBC, do you think they would have fared any better or would they have ended up like the mercenaries and RPD?

Did the government only figure out what happened after Raccoon City was destroyed, if not why didn't they send in the military?

The US government already knew about Umbrella's research. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they were a customer of Umbrella's. The president is the one that ordered Raccoon City be destroyed. They had a contigency plan in the form of a nuke.

The US Army was sent, but Umbrella managed to make them go to the P12-A Waste Incinerator Facility (AKA Dead Factory in RE3), where they fought 5 Tyrant T-103 Type, similar to the one dropped in the RPD (Mr. X). This exercise was used as combat data.
It is unknown what happened to the soldiers, but as all the 5 tyrants can be seen dead in RE3, i assume some of them survived and escaped the area.
They were carrying a rail gun, but never used it. However, Jill used it later to stop Nemesis T-Type deployed in RC.

Really, you can see all 5 Tyrants? I only ever noticed the one where you fight Nemesis's final mutation.

NemesisType-2

Yeah, there's a bunch of Tyrants laying dead in the room where you get the final file about the rail cannon. I always assumed that after that Umbrella dropped that one into the R.P.D, they took the rest to the Dead Factory and the rest was history.

I wonder how and what caused the one in the room where you fight Nemesis for the last time to mutate? Maybe the military caused enough damage to it or something?

B.Martin

Doesn't ORC tell the story of the US Army heading into Raccoon City and the USS are despatched partly to eliminat them?

Inkribbons

Doesn't ORC tell the story of the US Army heading into Raccoon City and the USS are despatched partly to eliminat them?
Operation: raccoon city is it's own separate canon, so no, the army's mAin purpose was to quarantine the city so they mainly just guarded all exits from the city. (As explained in RE: outbreak 1&2 which is canon but nota numbered title)

Last edited:

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Well, Dr Kaufman in Silent Hill said that ' A Military Rescue Squad should be here anytime now'

It most likely that the Military would of fared better.

Top Bottom