• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if Resident Evil was set in Canada?

~Excella~

Premium
I thought this was a joke topic, but, seeing as to how it isn't lol, there would literally be nothing different. I don't see a point in this and having the RCMP instead would be ridiculous.

~Excella~

Premium
Why would anyone want the RCMP involved in a game like this lol?

It's fine the way it is in fictional Raccoon City and with STARS and the RPD. I appreciate the creativity in it.

Mountie

Why would anyone want the RCMP involved in a game like this lol?

It's fine the way it is in fictional Raccoon City and with STARS and the RPD. I appreciate the creativity in it.
Just like Marvel has the New York City Police Department especially in Spiderman scenarios. If there was no Raccoon City, then a city in British Columbia would fit the role perfectly.

British Columbia is heavily forested, mountainous and sparsely populated. A perfect place to build a secret lab or a mansion hideout. The RCMPs Emergency Response Team (ERT) would deal with the situation accordingly as that is what it is for. And who knows in a parallel universe that's how the story is set.

In the closet instead of the older RPD uniform there is a retro RCMP uniform.

~Excella~

Premium
Just like Marvel has the New York City Police Department especially in Spiderman scenarios. If there was no Raccoon City, then a city in British Columbia would fit the role perfectly.

British Columbia is heavily forested, mountainous and sparsely populated. A perfect place to build a secret lab or a mansion hideout. The RCMPs Emergency Response Team (ERT) would deal with the situation accordingly as that is what it is for. And who knows in a parallel universe that's how the story is set.

In the closet instead of the older RPD uniform there is a retro RCMP uniform.

I live in Canada, I am aware of the BC landscape and the RCMP, I just don't see a point in basically taking one setting and replacing it with another that is the same lol

Well, Spider-Man was set in NYC, and, some of Marvel has NY ties in various ways, plus, the NYPD is one of the most 'famous' police departments, so, it makes sense to have their presence in those movies, it's a much different view to the world than having the RCMP. No one except maybe actual Canadians (I wasn't born here) would care to see the RCMP in a movie haha

Mountie

I live in Canada, I am aware of the BC landscape and the RCMP, I just don't see a point in basically taking one setting and replacing it with another that is the same lol

Well, Spider-Man was set in NYC, and, some of Marvel has NY ties in various ways, plus, the NYPD is one of the most 'famous' police departments, so, it makes sense to have their presence in those movies, it's a much different view to the world than having the RCMP. No one except maybe actual Canadians (I wasn't born here) would care to see the RCMP in a movie haha
I am not proposing changing it. Where did i claim that lol?

I am asking "what if..." And it could have produced just as that. And today we'd be having the discussion "what if it took place in America"

~Excella~

Premium
I am not proposing changing it. Where did i claim that lol?

I am asking "what if..." And it could have produced just as that. And today we'd be having the discussion "what if it took place in America"

....I didn't say you were proposing to change it? I am just saying that it makes no sense really, as you're discussing 'what if' it was in a place that looks exactly like the place it is set in. We get it, you love Canada, but, the 'what if' here just isn't making much sense as there would be no difference in the game as we know it now and the game if we knew it based in Canada, that's all :)

Last edited:

Mountie

....I didn't say you were proposing to change it? I am just saying that it makes no sense really, as you're discussing 'what if' it was in a place that looks exactly like the place it is set in. We get it, you love Canada, but, the 'what if' here just isn't making much sense as there would be no difference in the game as we know it now and the game if we knew it based in Canada, that's all :)
Who knows. In a parallel universe people are playing a Resident Evil set in British Columbia and the optional characters are RCMP ERT members investigating a mansion in the Rocky Mountains. In the mansion there is probably a closet that contains the classic uniform of the RCMP.

Last edited:

Mountie

I enjoy the RCMP outfits, don't get me wrong lol
The modern ones or the classic ones? I personally don't like the new ones. I think they should revive the classic ones but using the same materials as the Finland police's new uniform.

Ikawaru

:ROFL: Im a nationalist but not a Canadian one. I am a citizen of Canada but I wasn't born here, no :)

You can be born anywhere and be a nationalist of literally any country if you're fixated on a certain region and its borders and have a romanticized view of its history/culture/etc.

The usual caveat of course being that someone who is born in say, Vietnam, becomes a Scottish or Norwegian nationalist may seem and look a bit silly to the vast majority of humans but technically, by textbook, they are still classified as such.

Last edited:

Mountie

You can be born anywhere and be a nationalist of literally any country if you're fixated on a certain region and its borders and have a romanticized view of its history/culture/etc.

The usual caveat of course being that someone who is born in say, Vietnam, becomes a Scottish or Norwegian nationalist may seem and look a bit silly to the vast majority of humans but technically, by textbook, they are still classified as such.
Partially true. Also considering that Canada is not an ethnic state or does not have an ethnic majority. There is much diversity amongst the white population.

I am somewhat patriotic to Canada and defend it.

Top Bottom