• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (2002) / HD Remaster (2015) What if Alpha team had gone into the mansion first instead of Bravo team?

Zacmac90

Im playing Re 1 remake out of nostalga and got to wondering as i explored the mansion, what if it was Alpha team that had went in first and disappeared, forcing Bravo team to investigate. Would Alpha team been wiped out as Bravo team had or would they have fared better? Also who do you think would live or die with both teams? The pilots of either teams dont count since neither ever entered the mansion so the teams are the same.

Last edited:

Awebb

Alpha team consisted of one ex-Umbrella scientist and one traitor working for that scientist. There never really was an alpha team.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, here are the members of the Alpha team:
I don't know if the results would be much different other than a lot less Bravo Team members dying. We wouldn't have Rebecca so Chris might have some trouble in the mansion. Also, Enrico provided valuable intel to whoever the main character is, so that might be different. It's a real 50/50 though. I believe in Chris and Jill though and have the best hopes for them!

iUmbrella

• Albert Wesker: Survived / Knows what he's up against, is the best trained to handle the situation, knows the mansion and layout of the place.
  • Barry Burton: Survived / Would have been informed by Wesker and survived to the end but feel Wesker would have finished him off in the lab.
  • Brad Vickers: Died / Chicken-heart would have been too frightened to fight back and would have perished early.
  • Chris Redfield: Died / Would have been poisoned with no help from Rebecca or eaten by Yawn with no help from Richard
  • Jill Valentine: Died / Would have been crushed without Barry's help, or killed without Richard to save her from Yawn.
  • Joseph Frost: Died / Fate would be the same, killed outside the mansion by zombie dogs.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

I've always wondered why they didn't go together as two separate teams coordinating together. Perhaps this divide and conquer strategy was planned by Wesker?

Also, why on earth did they conduct an operation at nightfall?

But I digress, if Alpha team went in 1st I expect Enrico would be the Wesker of the story and you'd play as either Forest, Richard, or Rebecca, would meet Jill in the Western 1st floor save room as the male character and a playing as Rebecca you would discover that Kenneth was working with Enrico to protect his family.

Same scenario, but a reskin. :)

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Also, why on earth did they conduct an operation at nightfall?
To be fair, before Resident Evil Zero was conceptualized there was no reason to believe Bravo Team conducted their operation at nightfall. In fact, Bravo team had probably only been gone for a few hours before losing contact, at which point Alpha team decided to move in immediately for a rescue mission. In the original timeline it is therefore highly likely that Bravo team flew to the Arklay mountains during daytime, and then Alpha team went after them the same night. It makes more sense.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Hmm, I guess i depends on a few things, but I think that they would've fared better than Bravo Team if they went into the Mansion first. I think this would be Rebecca's first mission being placed with Alpha because they would probably need a medic. Brad flees the scene, Joseph would still bite the dust and the survivors reach the mansion. I think Chris would still have Becca as a partner as Jill and Barry are. Events would play the same minus the Bravo members. Becca would save Chris from Snake venom and the giant plant. Maybe the same people would survive the incident and the mansion blew up.

Top Bottom